A&M game discussion

I think this games going to be a repeat of Virginia tech 2017.

Btw heat, especially in 2023 means next to nothing come Gametime as long as you properly hydrate before hand. They have fans, A/C units, and tents all along the sidelines now
I don't know if I buy that, but I do think it won't matter to aTm considering this is their next several days. And yeah, they don't tend to get as humid as Miami, but they do get enough that when combined with the actual temp, it is very hot (it's currently 8:45PM and actual temp is 99 degrees)

These are the actual highs (not 'feels like') for the next several days...

1692668727045.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know if I buy that, but I do think it won't matter to aTm considering this is their next several days. And yeah, they don't tend to get as humid as Miami, but they do get enough that when combined with the actual temp, it is very hot (it's currently 8:45PM and actual temp is 99 degrees)

View attachment 252132
It’s matters during warms up, but once the game starts…the weather is the last thing you’re thinking about…maybe thats just my experience. Practice you 100% feel the weather but during the game I don’t see how it can be an issue especially with all the amenities you have. The only thing I could see being a factor is the sun and impacting vision for coaches.

It’s matters during warms up, but once the game starts…the weather is the last thing you’re thinking about…maybe thats just my experience. Practice you 100% feel the weather but during the game I don’t see how it can be an issue especially with all the amenities you have. The only thing I could see being a factor is the sun and impacting vision for coaches.
If it is the 4th quarter, you are out on the field playing defense and the offense is playing fast and not allowing you to sub, no way you can tell me that won't impact people not use to it. But... like I said in my previous post, I think a team like aTm will be able to handle the heat better than others.

Advertisement
Just catch the punts. Don’t beat yourself against a better roster. And then you have a chance. Muffed punts have ruined us as of late. Thomas against ufag. Stevenson against tamu. Harley against okie state in the bowl game. And countless others I’m forgetting

Their wins came against Robert Morris, Northwestern, Kent ST, Akron, NIU & Ball ST...

Guess how many of those teams had an above .500 record??? (It’s a trick question)

Their Defensive ranking is skewed by the fact they play in an extremely weak Conference.

Against Kentucky they gave up 350yds & that was against a sh*tty Kentucky Offense where even a bum like Will Levis had a good game vs them.

Against Cincinnati they gave up 478yds & Ben Bryant picked’em apart.

That vaunted Defense only looked good against MAC opponents... Oh & Northwestern... Who went 1-11.

They didn’t score over 30pts once the entire season & even if their primary QB is healthy it’s Brett Gabbert, who is also a mediocre sub 60%cmp QB.

Miami of Ohio is not a good team, that’s just facts. Any team worth their weight in kitty litter beats them handily.

We not even about attempt to try build them up as some kind of real legitimate team, no way, no how.

They suck & a team of our caliber is supposed to beat them without thinking twice about it.
The Canes are not very good if they don't beat Miami of Ohio by at least 4 scores. Should honestly be 35-40 or more. Don't care that the line is 17 or 18.

Advertisement
Not going to try to make any predictions but I don't expect either team to look the same this year.

This game will probably set the bar for how this team and season play out or at least give us a very good idea of it.
You could say that about any SEC game we've played since LSU, we played with them, then collapsed after the loss.

Their wins came against Robert Morris, Northwestern, Kent ST, Akron, NIU & Ball ST...

Guess how many of those teams had an above .500 record??? (It’s a trick question)

Their Defensive ranking is skewed by the fact they play in an extremely weak Conference.

Against Kentucky they gave up 350yds & that was against a sh*tty Kentucky Offense where even a bum like Will Levis had a good game vs them.

Against Cincinnati they gave up 478yds & Ben Bryant picked’em apart.

That vaunted Defense only looked good against MAC opponents... Oh & Northwestern... Who went 1-11.

They didn’t score over 30pts once the entire season & even if their primary QB is healthy it’s Brett Gabbert, who is also a mediocre sub 60%cmp QB.

Miami of Ohio is not a good team, that’s just facts. Any team worth their weight in kitty litter beats them handily.

We not even about attempt to try build them up as some kind of real legitimate team, no way, no how.

They suck & a team of our caliber is supposed to beat them without thinking twice about it.
What is their Fyzical rating though?

Their defense will be very good to maybe elite.

And they have the pieces on offense.

Questions will be:

1. Will Jimbo actually release his grip on the offense?

2. How is their QB going to do when actually throwing the ball downfield?
Last year they brought him along slowly, and just asked him to not turn the ball over. Which he did really well. But his average depth of throw was horrible because he was basically just throwing the ball to his short yardage safety valve.
They gave up 208 yards a game on the ground which is bad. We will run it down their throats. JMO

It’s 103+ every day this week in college station area. The temp will not make a difference in Miami. And they will not quit.. they know they need that game
Our humidity is much higher

South Florida summers can feel unbearable, with average temperatures hovering around 89°F. This may not sound bad until you factor in the humidity index. Mornings have average humidity levels of 90%.

Summer weather in College Station
Summers in College Station from June to August witness the highest temperatures throughout the year, varying from 72.1°F to 95.5°F. Relative humidity during this period reduces to between 66% and 76%, making for a more comfortable climate. Rainfall levels in summer range from 1.38" to 1.89"

Advertisement
Our humidity is much higher

South Florida summers can feel unbearable, with average temperatures hovering around 89°F. This may not sound bad until you factor in the humidity index. Mornings have average humidity levels of 90%.

Summer weather in College Station
Summers in College Station from June to August witness the highest temperatures throughout the year, varying from 72.1°F to 95.5°F. Relative humidity during this period reduces to between 66% and 76%, making for a more comfortable climate. Rainfall levels in summer range from 1.38" to 1.89"

Texas summers this time of year are unmatched, they have less humidity but it’s not like they’re in a desert out east and temps get around 100 often.

Texas summers this time of year are unmatched, they have less humidity but it’s not like they’re in a desert out east and temps get around 100 often.
I know I've worked in Houston and it's by far the hottest place I've worked and I grew up in South FL. The humidity is what separates the men from the boys. The Dolphins used to use it to their advantage by scheduling 1:00pm games for most of the year and before the roof it was brutal. College station averages low humidity in the summer while were at 90% in September.

I know I've worked in Houston and it's by far the hottest place I've worked and I grew up in South FL. The humidity is what separates the men from the boys. The Dolphins used to use it to their advantage by scheduling 1:00pm games for most of the year and before the roof it was brutal. College station averages low humidity in the summer while were at 90% in September.

It's not that they can't handle the heat it's that they have to be in the sun while we do not. I will take every little advantage that we can.

Advertisement

College Station has a hotter August heat index by average

Average Temp

Miami: 88
CS: 96

Humidity

Miami: 73
CS: 59

August Heat index:

Miami: 103.1
CS: 115.2

College Station has a hotter August heat index by average

Average Temp

Miami: 88
CS: 96

Humidity

Miami: 73
CS: 59

August Heat index:

Miami: 103.1
CS: 115.2
It's the humidity not the Heat that gets you in S. FL. Just ask anyone who's not from S. FL.

Advertisement
Back