A&M game discussion

ND…now A&M?
So Mario’s pulling all the stops by getting you to come down, huh?
I've seen them play Tech a couple of times in ATL since then, including last year. Frankly, I was tired of spending a bunch of money to see them play at home or on the road only to watch them be embarrassed.

Advertisement
Another thing the writer highlighted was the fact that Weigman has only started 4 games.

Ole Miss(W): 63.6%.. 338 yards/4TDs

@ Auburn(L): 38.9% on 36 attempts.. 121 yards/1TD.. A&M scored 10 pts. No Achane

Massachusetts: 57.9% on 19 attempts... 191 yards/1TD.. A&M scored 20 pts. No Achane.

LSU: 66.7% on 18 attempts.. 155 yards/2TDs.. Achane had 215 yards on 38 carries

One road test, albeit one of the best atmospheres in all of CFB in Jordan Hare. And basically after that, they didn't want him throwing a lot and relied heavily on the run game.

IF he does end up starting, Guidry gotta hit him early and shake his confidence even more. Stop the run and force him to throw and make mistakes under pressure.
Sounds like the dolphins got themselves a baller

Advertisement
There's a lengthy article on Connor Weigman, A&M QB, on their 247 board today. The cliff notes:

- Weigman was anticipated to take major steps forward with a season under his belt, the maturation of talented teammates such as Evan Stewart, and a new offensive coordinator in Bobby Petrino. These items were supposed to move him towards being the elite signal caller that A&M fans thought that they needed

- he has not distinguished himself from Max Johnson so far in camp. Everyone WANTS him to be the guy but he hasn't shown that so far.

- Johnson's experience (about a season and a half as a starter in college football), three years on a college campus, and being the son of a NFL quarterback has resulted in him maybe not being a elite playmaker but someone who consistently makes the best play possible.

-Their 247 reporter had this take, based on what he has seen and heard:

"I've said before that I think Weigman starts. But it's not as clear cut as of today as people probably want it to be based on what we've seen.
So you adjust your thinking...maybe more running plays, easier throws to get them going early in games, etc."
"I think Weigman is better with RPOs and being put on the move.I think Johnson is better at play action and drop back passing."

Could be a real opportunity for Guidry and his defense on September 9th...
Mario would have this 24/7 reporter un-alived for these comments

We only scored 31 or more three times last year

Bethune. MTSU. Georgia Tech.

I might cry grown man tears if we drop 31 on A&M

But in all seriousness I’m with you, it’s going to be a very different team and game this year.
Gattless should’ve been arrested last year.

What he did to this Offense was downright criminal.

I HATE that man for what he did to my beloved U.

We only scored 31 or more three times last year

Bethune. MTSU. Georgia Tech.

I might cry grown man tears if we drop 31 on A&M

But in all seriousness I’m with you, it’s going to be a very different team and game this year.
On that defense? If we score, we're going to be ok. Anything. Even just a FG.

At least it won't be embarrassing.

Yeah, not counting on a win. Will be surprised if it happens.
**** I don't expect us to beat the real Miami.

Advertisement
Gattless should’ve been arrested last year.

What he did to this Offense was downright criminal.

I HATE that man for what he did to my beloved U.

That UVA game was the most painful I've ever watched. Glad we won it. But we should have been 4-8. I've never seen a more dysfunctional staff than what Gattass created at Miami last year.

I don’t understand why everyone is sleeping on A&M. That roster is loaded. I agree this game is “winnable” but I expect they’ll be favored for this game.
They will be favored but Pat Nix as OC gets us over the hump in the game last year. Achane, like with every Jimbo RB since the dawn of time, was so important to their offense, and while Weigman is a moderate improvement over Johnson, I'm not sure how much it moves the needle.

Advertisement
They will be favored but Pat Nix as OC gets us over the hump in the game last year. Achane, like with every Jimbo RB since the dawn of time, was so important to their offense, and while Weigman is a moderate improvement over Johnson, I'm not sure how much it moves the needle.

Pat Nix? The high school coach?

My biggest concern with the A&M game besides the win is how we come out for the game after. I know we are all in 9n this game but I truly want to see how this regroups and prepares for the next one up..

Advertisement
I don’t understand why everyone is sleeping on A&M. That roster is loaded. I agree this game is “winnable” but I expect they’ll be favored for this game.

DraftKings has A&M -6.5 right now. Sounds about right given the rosters and coaching changes each program has made. I’d be a **** of a lot more confident if Jimbo was still running his offense.

DraftKings has A&M -6.5 right now. Sounds about right given the rosters and coaching changes each program has made. I’d be a **** of a lot more confident if Jimbo was still running his offense.
That’s a very low number but I haven’t seen their schedule.

Advertisement
Back