A&M game discussion

Jimbo is NOT giving up play calling.

He's been stand-offish with media when asked directly if they would be running the Jimbo pro-style from under center or if they would run Petrino's power spread from the gun. But from Jimbo's own mouth during SEC media days, during a smaller breakout session he said he would consider Petrino's "input" if he thought it was helpful. That's a dead give away.

Jimbo has the biggest ego in the sport and he's going to drive this thing off a cliff this year. He's going to leave a smoking crater in College Station just like he did in Tallahassee.
Jimbo is really in a precarious position. If they do well especially on offense all the credit will go to Pretrino and people will say Jimbo was the one holding the offense back.

If they don’t do well especially on offense Jimbo will be on the hot seat or possibly fired and Petrino will take over and lobby for the job by saying Jimbo was holding him back.

That’s why Jimbo is posturing that he’s still involved with the offense so he can take some credit for the offense doing well.

Advertisement
Bethune was converting 3rd and longs and marching on our defense last year. I had a sinking feeling that our defense was going to suck, and it did.
DJ Ivey was getting beat repeatedly against Bethune but is now surging up the depth chart in Cincy. No explanation for it unless you believe that playing on sacred indian burial ground has consequences.

DJ Ivey was getting beat repeatedly against Bethune but is now surging up the depth chart in Cincy. No explanation for it unless you believe that playing on sacred indian burial ground has consequences.
He had good games too, we only remember the bad ones but he played really well @ a&m. He has his flaws but there is some talent there

This is pretty much the most important game of the season for both teams. A&M's schedule is brutal and losing this game will mean they'll struggle to win 6 games.

If we win, we should be 5-0 heading into UNC. Assuming we beat A&M, we should beat UNC as well unless we vomit on ourselves.

That's means we'd be 6-0 at home aganist Clemson - it will probably be the primetime game of the week. The atmosphere will be 2017 ND-esque.

So yeah - this game will say a lot about both teams.

I love the optimism but 6-0? Groundhog Day, or season for that matter, around these parts. Don’t do it to yourself.

He's been stand-offish with media when asked directly if they would be running the Jimbo pro-style from under center or if they would run Petrino's power spread from the gun. But from Jimbo's own mouth during SEC media days, during a smaller breakout session he said he would consider Petrino's "input" if he thought it was helpful. That's a dead give away.

Jimbo has the biggest ego in the sport and he's going to drive this thing off a cliff this year. He's going to leave a smoking crater in College Station just like he did in Tallahassee.
When I watched their Spring game it definitely still looked like the 1994 Terry Bowden Offense that Jumbo has always run, with a few new Passing concepts sprinkled in. It certainly didn’t resemble too much of the vaunted Petrino Offense from Western Kentucky/LVille.

Obviously, can’t glean too much from a Spring game, but I very seriously doubt they stray too far from what Jumbo has always done.

It’s been Jumbo’s Achilles heel, he’s absolutely married to that old antiquated Offense & genuinely feels like he shouldn’t/can’t move off from it. It’s plagued him his entire career & the reason why he was chased out of LSU & FSU & ultimately will be his downfall at TAMU.

Advertisement
1. Ohio’s Miami is WAY better than Bethune Cookman. What are we doing here? Miami is favored by 17 in that game, the line vs Bethune would be 45+. Miami is an FBS program who went to a bowl game last year. They are just as talented as a team like Middle Tennessee St. How we look in that game absolutely shows you some things about who the team is overall. Everything? Of course not. But it’s a significant game whereas an FCS team is absolutely not.

2. This “looking ahead” nonsense we see on here ever year 500 times is just that. None of us are playing on the team. We’re not gameplanning. We’re just fans. We’re allowed to look ahead, or back, or sideways as much as we want. It doesn’t impact the team in any possible way. So if you wanna talk A&M in this thread, go nuts. You’re not overlooking any opponents. The team will play Miami, then they’ll play A&M. Whether we talk zero or constantly about either one. It’s the coaches’ job to keep the players focused on one thing at a time. Nobody needs to keep a bunch of message board fans focused on anything.

I'd bet folks love to see you walk in the door - but I understand.

My kids once picked all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms one time - and it ruined my whole day.

But I got the little terds back. Picked all the M&M's off the cupcakes their mom just bought.

I'm just here to tell you that an observer can alter fate, or even do the impossible. I'd hit a big gator one night outside Hilton Head Island and was going to load him in the trailer and drag him into the front yard of a really irritating neighbor. It was dark, and as I was about to drop the tailgate, something thumped me real hard in the side of my leg.

I levitated from that point, the length of that trailer, along the side of my Blazer, and didn't touch down until I got the door open.

If folks want to project- which is like a wish - why you gotta wee-wee on the fun? The observations? The rationale? The WAGS? (Wild-A**ed Guess's) The banters? The disagreements?

Just go buy another box of Lucky Charms and hide it.

15-0.

I love the optimism but 6-0? Groundhog Day, or season for that matter, around these parts. Don’t do it to yourself.

That's assuming we win the A&M game. It's purely hypothetical. After 5-7, I'm not assuming wins so easily!

But if we beat A&M, our schedule up to Clemson is **** easy. UNC still has Drake Maye, but their new OC sucks and their defense is diddly poo. A&M is better than UNC, so if somehow beat A&M, 6-0 isn't so farfetched.

Today's forecast:
College Station: 108 real feel 112
Coral Gables: 94 real feel 109

The difference: 26% humidity in TX, 61% in FL.

That may not be as big an advantage as it would be against BC or Syracuse, but hot and humid is much worse than hot.

Huge difference. IYKYK

1. Ohio’s Miami is WAY better than Bethune Cookman. What are we doing here? Miami is favored by 17 in that game, the line vs Bethune would be 45+. Miami is an FBS program who went to a bowl game last year. They are just as talented as a team like Middle Tennessee St. How we look in that game absolutely shows you some things about who the team is overall. Everything? Of course not. But it’s a significant game whereas an FCS team is absolutely not.

2. This “looking ahead” nonsense we see on here ever year 500 times is just that. None of us are playing on the team. We’re not gameplanning. We’re just fans. We’re allowed to look ahead, or back, or sideways as much as we want. It doesn’t impact the team in any possible way. So if you wanna talk A&M in this thread, go nuts. You’re not overlooking any opponents. The team will play Miami, then they’ll play A&M. Whether we talk zero or constantly about either one. It’s the coaches’ job to keep the players focused on one thing at a time. Nobody needs to keep a bunch of message board fans focused on anything.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Advertisement

Him hiring petrino was just to cool some of the heat off of him, id bet the bosses pushed him to make that move. Like u said his ego is not gonna allow him to cave in to someone else taking over what he thinks he is great at.

He threw 2 picks. Which is pretty substantial for a guy who only threw 7 on the season.
Maye's success in that game came in the form of a busted coverage on our part and an over the shoulder WTF was that throw where he got lucky with Downs. I expect Maye to take a step back this year and I dam well know Kam is going to everything in his power to have our D Ready for this game.

Advertisement
I'd bet folks love to see you walk in the door - but I understand.

My kids once picked all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms one time - and it ruined my whole day.

But I got the little terds back. Picked all the M&M's off the cupcakes their mom just bought.

I'm just here to tell you that an observer can alter fate, or even do the impossible. I'd hit a big gator one night outside Hilton Head Island and was going to load him in the trailer and drag him into the front yard of a really irritating neighbor. It was dark, and as I was about to drop the tailgate, something thumped me real hard in the side of my leg.

I levitated from that point, the length of that trailer, along the side of my Blazer, and didn't touch down until I got the door open.

If folks want to project- which is like a wish - why you gotta wee-wee on the fun? The observations? The rationale? The WAGS? (Wild-A**ed Guess's) The banters? The disagreements?

Just go buy another box of Lucky Charms and hide it.

15-0.

I gotta get in touch with your weed guy.

Advertisement
That's assuming we win the A&M game. It's purely hypothetical. After 5-7, I'm not assuming wins so easily!

But if we beat A&M, our schedule up to Clemson is **** easy. UNC still has Drake Maye, but their new OC sucks and their defense is diddly poo. A&M is better than UNC, so if somehow beat A&M, 6-0 isn't so farfetched.
its at UNC.

If you guys are right and Jimbo hamstrings Petrino then that’s another situation. But sounds like wishful thinking to me. I certainly wouldn’t count on it.
Yea I agree if the big money boosters are that in control like people say I can't see them letting Jimbo do whatever he wants. It helps we are the first big team they play though, if they have a bad performance on offense I expect them to ensure Jimbo isn't a problem the rest of the year.

Maye's success in that game came in the form of a busted coverage on our part and an over the shoulder WTF was that throw where he got lucky with Downs. I expect Maye to take a step back this year and I dam well know Kam is going to everything in his power to have our D Ready for this game.
They also replaced the very good OC with a guy who was holding Gus Malzahn's play sheet at UCF last year.

Advertisement
Back