A&M game discussion

Man I'm rewatching this game from last year and the Stevenson muffed punt and Parrish easy drop on 1st down is how you lose a game on the road.

Big thing I would say is the team had a chance to gain huge confidence against Southern Miss heading into this game and for the reasons we all know it didn't happen and you could see how it impacted that first quarter.

I'm not afraid of this A&M team at all. Don't know if their line got better during the year but we consistently created pressure on them with 4. I just watched a play where Harvey, Chantz and Lichtenstein created heavy pressure...and with all due respect to those gentlemen we'll be even stronger on the line this year.

Advertisement
Man I'm rewatching this game from last year and the Stevenson muffed punt and Parrish easy drop on 1st down is how you lose a game on the road.

Big thing I would say is the team had a chance to gain huge confidence against Southern Miss heading into this game and for the reasons we all know it didn't happen and you could see how it impacted that first quarter.

I'm not afraid of this A&M team at all. Don't know if their line got better during the year but we consistently created pressure on them with 4. I just watched a play where Harvey, Chantz and Lichtenstein created heavy pressure...and with all due respect to those gentlemen we'll be even stronger on the line this year.
I watched the tape of all TVD’s throws, he wasn’t terrible and there were dropped balls. Can’t wait to have a great playcaller scheme guys open, the coverage was tighter than a virgin on prom night.

And TVD missed Redding on a potential huge gain. Parrish drop in the first killed us, Redding dropped a gain of at least 6 end of the first, had Smith in stride beginning of the third and missed him. WR's did not help TVD that game but he also missed some easy throws.

Out of those 3:30 games..how many were at the beginning of the year like this one? That is a huge X-factor here. Nobody knows how good or bad this team is at this point. From what I can see off that list, those were midseason games and by then, "casual fans" knew that were werent going to win the ACC so whats the point.

The 12pm UF game during the Golden Era was PACKED! Sold out. And it was hot ASF. And it was the 2nd game of the year IIRC. Is TAMU the same as UF? No. But a big game is a big game and this is definitely a big game.
Since 2016, only Toledo has been the 2nd game of the year that's also been at 3:30pm lol 49k showed up

Advertisement
And TVD missed Redding on a potential huge gain. Parrish drop in the first killed us, Redding dropped a gain of at least 6 end of the first, had Smith in stride beginning of the third and missed him. WR's did not help TVD that game but he also missed some easy throws.
Jacolby George getting tripped up by a guy on the ground also

Yep I think the crowd is gonna be lit af
Yeah not sure what posters are talking about with 55k predictions. LOL. If 55k show up for the 2nd biggest home game of the year at the beginning of the year when every team thinks they will have a great year..god help us the next weekend if we lose to TAMU when Bethune shows up. Could be 15k in the place. lol.

Advertisement
2nd game of the new season with what should be an easy affair against Miami of Ohio. So we should have plenty of fans in attendance. It’s not a high noon game but at 15:30ET. We hopefully will have 55k-60k there in attendance. I know I will be.

We just have found ways to lose games last few years.. Too many plays and players not ready for big time.. When I rewatched the game the same things popped up, passing game not in sync, sooo many dropped passes, or bad timing on deep shots that land out of bounds or just out of reach of WR. The Parrish play was a play designed for him, I am guessing practiced many times and it hits him in the chest and will go for big gain, he flat out drops it. Game kinda reminded of UF in orlando game.. Another where we snatch defeat in many ways.. smh..

Listened to an aggie podcast

- both their Center and one of their starting guards have both missed multiple practices due to being banged up. Both most likely will play but with limited camp practice.
- Seems like their WR group is strong and their weakness is the secondary.
- They gave up a lot of rushing yards last season but should be better bc of a year older for their stud def linemen. We will see.....

Advertisement
We just have found ways to lose games last few years.. Too many plays and players not ready for big time.. When I rewatched the game the same things popped up, passing game not in sync, sooo many dropped passes, or bad timing on deep shots that land out of bounds or just out of reach of WR. The Parrish play was a play designed for him, I am guessing practiced many times and it hits him in the chest and will go for big gain, he flat out drops it. Game kinda reminded of UF in orlando game.. Another where we snatch defeat in many ways.. smh..
Yea, that's why I think the Miami of Ohio game is huge. Have to gain confidence. If we play with confidence and rhythm in that first game I'm going to feel great going into the A&M game.

I know they have talent but they have holes and I trust our QB (2021 Version) and Coordinators more.

And that UF loss was insane. They wanted to lose that game more than we did and we still gave it to them. That Felipe INT to I think Romeo was bro saying "here yall go"

Lotta copium on Jimbo mucking things up. Seat is scorching.
Petrino was an objectively good hire.
Talent loaded on both sides.

We're completely unknown with new coords, TF and portal hopefuls - we don't match up as well as so many think.
We'll be fortunate to hang tough through middle 3rd qtr.

Be interesting to see if we get down early how we fight back.

Loss by 17-21
Standing by it.

Wanna eat it badly, but don't think I'll have to.

How we bounce back is most important.

This game is going to determine if I’m traveling down to Miami for the Clemson game. I went to the A&M game last year, Bama game, LSU, and Florida game in previous years. I’m tired of being disappointed.

Advertisement
Watching back some extended highlights of tamu and it seems we’re not talking about the loss of achane enough. That guy was insane for them. Yeah they’re older this year and they got Reuben owens but we get them game 2. Achane is a huge loss

I'm guessing 37,309 for A&M. Beer me fellas!
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Lotta copium on Jimbo mucking things up. Seat is scorching.
Petrino was an objectively good hire.
Talent loaded on both sides.

We're completely unknown with new coords, TF and portal hopefuls - we don't match up as well as so many think.
We'll be fortunate to hang tough through middle 3rd qtr.

Be interesting to see if we get down early how we fight back.

Loss by 17-21
Standing by it.

Wanna eat it badly, but don't think I'll have to.

How we bounce back is most important.
You are out of your mind. A&M is not nearly good enough to win by that many especially at our place. Plus they lost their best RB to the draft.

Advertisement
Back