A&M game discussion

How does their offense look?? Are jimbo and Petrino like ponce and Gattis last year ??
Don't think so.. at least not yet. They need some adversity to test them.

I have heard Weigman hasn't pulled away in that QB battle yet and is just kind of hanging around Max Johnson's level so that's good news. He didn't impress me last year (obviously as a true freshman) but he has the tools. Don't think it'll be clicking for them in week 2 if we're as close to being as disruptive and as formidable on D as I've heard we're going to be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't really see Texas A&M as a good team on the road.

2022:
0-4 on the road - @S.Car.. @Miss St.. @#1 Bama.. @Auburn
1-0 neutral site (in Dallas vs Arky)

2021:
1-2 - @Missouri(W).. @Ole Miss (L).. @LSU (L)
1-1 neutral site.. vs Colorado in Denver(W).. vs Arky in Dallas (L)

I'm not doing 2020 cause there really wasn't home-field advantage with empty stadiums.

2019:
1-3 - @Ole Miss (W).. @LSU(L).. @UGA (L).. @Clemson(L)... LSU/UGA/Clemson were all top 5 teams when A&M played them lol
1-0 neutral site.. vs Arky in Dallas (W)

Hopefully, its a good crowd for a 3:30 game. Confuse Weigman pre-snap, and get to him early and often.

2022:

2021:

I'm not doing 2020 cause there really wasn't home-field advantage with empty stadiums.

2019:
1-3 - @Ole Miss (W).. @LSU(L).. @UGA (L).. @Clemson(L)... LSU/UGA/Clemson were all top 5 teams when A&M played them lol

Hopefully, its a good crowd for a 3:30 game. Confuse Weigman pre-snap, and get to him early and often.
As long as we do what we’re supposed to do vs. Miami Ohio (aka win by 3+ scores) then the crowd should be fine.

Advertisement
Dude, he asked "can you name the LAST meaningful game A&M has won" and it's literally LSU LAST year as it was their LAST game of the season lol
I honestly forgot about that game so that's why I listed Bama 2021 on that game winning field goal. Then I saw other people say LSU last year.

Ok so maybe I missed something..ESPN had them on the first page news tracker today and I read the article and realized these bums were 5-7 last year just like we were. And had a 6 game losing streak.

Am I missing something as to why so many people on here seem to be afraid of these guys? I honestly had no idea they went 5-7...What happened over the course of their offseason that has us thinking this shouldnt be a must win game for Mario? They were just as bad as we were last year and didnt add any game changing transfers from what I can see. Im not saying its an easy W but this is definitely a game Mario needs to win at home if he's the right guy for this job.

Advertisement
They're not Bama or UGA but they are a very talented team. We are a clear underdog, but I don't think it's an unwinnable game. Of course, I reserve the right to change that opinion if we come out looking like crap against Miami-OH.

2022:

2021:

2019:

Good find. I've been saying I think the environment at Hard Rock is the difference maker. Terrible turnout because the 330 heat and they probably beat us fairly easily.

Anything close to 2017 VT/ND crowds and noise and we can probably get the W. New HC/OC dynamic, young QB, some new pieces in their OL and secondary, etc. Stir up some communication issues.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a recent 330 game atmosphere that would be "good enough" to match what we'll need imo

Advertisement
Good find. I've been saying I think the environment at Hard Rock is the difference maker. Terrible turnout because the 330 heat and they probably beat us fairly easily.

Anything close to 2017 VT/ND crowds and noise and we can probably get the W. New HC/OC dynamic, young QB, some new pieces in their OL and secondary, etc. Stir up some communication issues.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a recent 330 game atmosphere that would be "good enough" to match what we'll need imo
W - 2018 FSU was at 3:30pm.
W - 2018 Pitt was at 3:30pm
W - 2019 Louisville was at 3:30pm
W - 2016 Duke was at 3:30pm

L - 2019 Va Tech was at 3:30pm
L - 2016 North Carolina was at 3:30pm

All had at least 50k. Gotta really kick the **** out of Miami(OH) if we want to push 55k+ in attendance i think.

W - 2018 FSU was at 3:30pm.
W - 2018 Pitt was at 3:30pm
W - 2019 Louisville was at 3:30pm
W - 2016 Duke was at 3:30pm

L - 2019 Va Tech was at 3:30pm
L - 2016 North Carolina was at 3:30pm

All had at least 50k. Gotta really kick the **** out of Miami(OH) if we want to push 55k+ in attendance i think.
I was thinking 2018 FSU. Probably the last good 3:30 crowd at Hard Rock.

I was thinking 2018 FSU. Probably the last good 3:30 crowd at Hard Rock.
Out of those 3:30 games..how many were at the beginning of the year like this one? That is a huge X-factor here. Nobody knows how good or bad this team is at this point. From what I can see off that list, those were midseason games and by then, "casual fans" knew that were werent going to win the ACC so whats the point.

The 12pm UF game during the Golden Era was PACKED! Sold out. And it was hot ASF. And it was the 2nd game of the year IIRC. Is TAMU the same as UF? No. But a big game is a big game and this is definitely a big game.

Advertisement
Back