A&M game discussion

There's some truth to this, but not showing up isn't going to help anything.

This game is absolutely huge for the program. We've pizzed down our legs and looked like shiite in so many big games the last several years. We absolutely need a win. A&M ain't all that and they will most likely not take us seriously. No one is at the moment.
fans will show up for that game bc its ATM and one of the two marquee teams we have on the home schedule. im just saying, fans did their part last year. i dont want to hear anyone bash the fanbase after last year.

that ATM is a big game regardless of what ATM turns out to be as the year goes on (whether they become another 5 win team like UF did (4 wins) after golden beat them). we need to win 9 games imo to really show we arent the same old miami and build some confidence for 25 where we could take a step back due to no QB or at least a very green QB and a tough schedule.

Advertisement
No shocker. Last 2 ranked teams we played our team looked like a JV squad both times. Like we didnt even belong in P5 ball anymore. We should go to G5 and come back up in a few years. FSU and Clemson losses were really embarassing for the program. So we should be lucky its only -7. But that tells you how bad the public thinks of TAMU also. They arent convinced they will blow us out like FSU and Clemson did.
This is what I've been sayin, drop our *** down to the Fun Belt for a few years (where we'd probably go 8-4 every year and finish tied for 2nd in "Group B" based on tiebreaker loss to Texas State or some ****).

1692818799908.png

Advertisement
Anybody with insight on how ATM has looked this summer/fall?

Strengths? Opportunities? Key injuries (other than the TE)?

This is what I've been sayin, drop our *** down to the Fun Belt for a few years (where we'd probably go 8-4 every year and finish tied for 2nd in "Group B" based on tiebreaker loss to Texas State or some ****).
LOL. Ummm..I was joking boss. But we looked awful in those games. Just awful.

Anybody with insight on how ATM has looked this summer/fall?

Strengths? Opportunities? Key injuries (other than the TE)?
I don’t feel like typing very much but last year I thought we would lose by 3 or so this year I feel we win by 10. I’ve been out there more than usual my wife’s little cousin is a impact safety on the team

I don’t feel like typing very much but last year I thought we would lose by 3 or so this year I feel we win by 10. I’ve been out there more than usual my wife’s little cousin is a impact safety on the team
Thats a pretty big number... Where do you see us having the big advantage?

I dont know if Petrino will have them rolling yet but Evan Stewart scares me. I actually think the offense will eventually be pretty good later in the season when Weigman gets comfortable and Owens is starting at RB. But hopefully not quite yet in week 2.

Your thinking on offense we spread them out and do some damage through the air?

Advertisement
Thats a pretty big number... Where do you see us having the big advantage?

I dont know if Petrino will have them rolling yet but Evan Stewart scares me. I actually think the offense will eventually be pretty good later in the season when Weigman gets comfortable and Owens is starting at RB. But hopefully not quite yet in week 2.

Your thinking on offense we spread them out and do some damage through the air?
Their secondary isn’t good.. yet. I’ve seen it. Pieces are there but if our OL is as advertised and can nullify those monsters they have upfront and we commit to throwing the ball it’ll be a long night for them when TVD catches a rhythm. Their pass rush will have to get home and I’m not convinced of that against us. And Stewart is a problem nobody will be able to deal with. Just don’t leave him solo. Moose is a issue tho I wonder who will check him

lol you dont think it gets hot in texas? the **** lol.

ATM has more talent than us even w their transfers. the question will be if fisher really let go of the offense. their D is going to be good again

I was at the game in College Station last year and it was blazing hot. I mean South Florida hot! I have a feeling the heat won’t be much of a factor in determining the winner of this game. With that said. The Canes will roll!!

Miami 38
tamu. 17

Weather won’t play a factor. Texas heat versus S Florida heat the boys will be playing hard. If TVD adapts to this scheme and our lines play well we have a great opportunity to win. I think we do win 24-21 but let’s see what happens.

When are people going to realize that the Hard Rock advantage (assuming we take advantage of it) is a combination of:

1. Heat
2. Humidity
3. The sun beating down on the opposing team, even when they are resting on the sidelines
4. Noise

But sure, let's have guys continue to post the daily time and temperature in Houston...

Though their DC had a kid die from heat exhaustion so they may be ready

Advertisement
Their secondary isn’t good.. yet. I’ve seen it. Pieces are there but if our OL is as advertised and can nullify those monsters they have upfront and we commit to throwing the ball it’ll be a long night for them when TVD catches a rhythm. Their pass rush will have to get home and I’m not convinced of that against us. And Stewart is a problem nobody will be able to deal with. Just don’t leave him solo. Moose is a issue tho I wonder who will check him
How they edge rushers looking, i can see that being an issue with us having 2 new starters at tackle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back