A look into the "New" Sun Life stadium (video)

Advertisement
I understand that, hence beggars can't be choosers. Heck, some of the amenities are just lame for even the NFL. Clubs, really?

have u seen the niners new stadium? theyre trying to get u to go to games and if they can add extra crap to entice you to go and be able to keep up w the other games on, they'll do it. NFL attendance has decreased even tho viewership has gone up, so theyre trying to make it an event, a party (which actually works in miami).

These planners are idiots. The more these stadiums feel like high tech game arcades the more people will stay home.

I understand that, hence beggars can't be choosers. Heck, some of the amenities are just lame for even the NFL. Clubs, really?

have u seen the niners new stadium? theyre trying to get u to go to games and if they can add extra crap to entice you to go and be able to keep up w the other games on, they'll do it. NFL attendance has decreased even tho viewership has gone up, so theyre trying to make it an event, a party (which actually works in miami).

These planners are idiots. The more these stadiums feel like high tech game arcades the more people will stay home.

All you have to do is get the fans close to the field and they will pay. It's sofa king easy but no one in SoFla can figure it out.

Last edited:
Stadium is still a ****ing abomination in terms of college football. I don't care how many bells and whistles they put on it...it's still too far from campus and barely in Dade county.

Let's go Beckham...deliver us from evil.

It's a darned good thing that I don't know what those *** letters mean. Other wise I would feel like a stupid infant.

wait wat?

Advertisement
Like we are really going to see the endzones decorated with the "miami" font and the []_[] helmets ever again with the Dolphins ground crew...FAIL, Flake James.

I get your point about the endzones not looking like that.. but in no way is SOMEONE elses 400 MILLION for free upgrades a fail..

BTW you should have pointed out that there is no way they are going to change all the seats out to a dark green for every miami game.. ;)

Who is this Marxx fellow spoken about, is it Karl?

I'm just a silly old man who goes to football games to actually watch football games. Yet, I favor keeping the "utes" far away from the action in a lobby/bar environment. They add nothing to the game except blocking the view, ugly male cheerleading with their backs to the field, yelling profanities, getting falling over drunk, and starting fights they're too drunk to win.

If I want comfort, good booze, and good food I'll watch from home thank you.

Advertisement
All these couches as "seats" down on club level...why in the**** would anyone set up a "couch" in a stadium, and then to boot--face it AWAY from the field? If bottle service is more important to you than the game, then there are other places that you can go.

No offense, but this does not give me a college football feel at all. If anything, this looks like another excuse for fans to be away from the game experience to explore the stadium experience. The finish product is going to be nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't see a great game day experience when fellow fans are drinking wine and conversing during the game.

I hear what you are saying, friend, but once again you are bowing to arbitrary tradition. UM is on the cutting edge of stadium comfort and accoutrements and soon every other big time college program will invest in it's stadium the way UM has invested in its stadium. Enjoy the ride Canesfam! #Canesfam

Ibis...lol...dude, between you and Franchise....my ribs hurt. Wait, did we even invest in this stadium???????? I thought we didn't even contribute a red cent to this stadium.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! We PAY to play there. Clearly that means we invested in these changes. Just like I helped with the new iPhone 6+ with all my purchases of the previous generations of the iPhone. Get a clue.

Prices going up?

I hope so. That will be one way to keep the Canes haters out of the stadium.

Very true, fantastic friend. Studies have shown that the socioeconomically depleted are usually the angriest, so I hope that Mr. Marx prices those haters out. It'll make for a much more enjoyable stadium experience for my family and the rest of the canesfam nation.

Can't wait to rent the stadium out for my son's 10th birthday party. Probably won't be able to get an ACC game, but it will be cool nonetheless.

Advertisement
All these couches as "seats" down on club level...why in the**** would anyone set up a "couch" in a stadium, and then to boot--face it AWAY from the field? If bottle service is more important to you than the game, then there are other places that you can go.

Just because you sit on folding chairs at home doesn't mean the rest of us want to live like savages.

These games are a respite for those of us who have challenged our minds all week, not a place for fake hooligans to prove how much deprivation they can handle.

Advertisement
So. How much UM invested in this?

I'm no fan of Stevie Michi-Gata Ross but he should have threatened to sue Donna personally the minute we added the amount he's paying to remodel his stadium for his pro team into our propaganda about "investing" in athletics.

Jesse Marx put a post on Facebook showing UM's massive investment in the renovations to Joe Robbie's Stadium. If Jesse said UM invested that money and put that on Facebook, then, by golly, it's true.

So. How much UM invested in this?

I'm no fan of Stevie Michi-Gata Ross but he should have threatened to sue Donna personally the minute we added the amount he's paying to remodel his stadium for his pro team into our propaganda about "investing" in athletics.

Jesse Marx put a post on Facebook showing UM's massive investment in the renovations to Joe Robbie's Stadium. If Jesse said UM invested that money and put that on Facebook, then, by golly, it's true.

All that shows is the caliber of people we're willing to bestow the title of "Associate AD" upon. Maybe one day he too will rise to the position of "Interim AD" and we can finally close the deal to bring Tommy Amaker to the Gables!

Investments aren't always about money. Jeez Louise, you guys are rough and tumble. UM enriches the lives of its real fans and student-athletes every day. That, dear friends, is the ultimate investment.

Did they move the Indian burial ground the stadium is built on?

Advertisement
Back