A look into the "New" Sun Life stadium (video)

"Kinder, gentler" Franchise will be irrepressible if Canes win 10

Potential future best friend, according to my new metrics of winning, the Canes are already 17990 and 0 since January 1, 2015. I don't focus on wins and losses on the football field. I don't have the time to get bogged down in 12 inconsequential events per year when there are hundreds of thousands of chances to win a life moment throughout the year.

Advertisement
It's going to be a delightful forum for consuming shrimp sammys and sipping Domaine Romanée-Conti all the while discussing the intricate philosophies of Anaxagoras or Xenophanes.

Stadium is still a ******* abomination in terms of college football. I don't care how many bells and whistles they put on it...it's still too far from campus and barely in Dade county.

Let's go Beckham...deliver us from evil.

Advertisement
The seats closer to the field is big, but the real difference will be when they put the sound reflecting shade tree up. Not only will that draw more people to our noon games, but it'll make them sound louder than they normally are. It will draw more people out, no doubt. Maybe not 10K on average, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the difference between a sellout and 10K empty seats for say VT. People like new things. Also, I bet it helps recruiting.

Advertisement
Like we are really going to see the endzones decorated with the "miami" font and the []_[] helmets ever again with the Dolphins ground crew...FAIL, Flake James.

Advertisement
The seats closer to the field is big, but the real difference will be when they put the sound reflecting shade tree up. Not only will that draw more people to our noon games, but it'll make them sound louder than they normally are. It will draw more people out, no doubt. Maybe not 10K on average, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the difference between a sellout and 10K empty seats for say VT. People like new things. Also, I bet it helps recruiting.

I see people keep saying this crap about the sound level increasing and it's completely inaccurate. It's possible had they kept all the seats, but they're losing 10k plus. People who think putting a tarp with a huge hole in the middle of it and all around the sides thinking it'll be louder have no idea how sound works. The partial roof is adding nothing more than protection from the elements, that's it. Quit spreading b.s..

As for the rest and the video, it sure looks shiney. It resembles nothing of what I've come to know about college football from tailgating to game experience, but beggars can't be choosers. Yes, the bells and whistles may bring people out initially, but if the team isn't winning, it'll still be a ghost town in particular when tickets increase a good amount to make up for the lost seating.

Advertisement

I see people keep saying this crap about the sound level increasing and it's completely inaccurate. It's possible had they kept all the seats, but they're losing 10k plus. People who think putting a tarp with a huge hole in the middle of it and all around the sides thinking it'll be louder have no idea how sound works. The partial roof is adding nothing more than protection from the elements, that's it. Quit spreading b.s..

As for the rest and the video, it sure looks shiney. It resembles nothing of what I've come to know about college football from tailgating to game experience, but beggars can't be choosers. Yes, the bells and whistles may bring people out initially, but if the team isn't winning, it'll still be a ghost town in particular when tickets increase a good amount to make up for the lost seating.

it wasnt built w the canes and college football in mind. it was built for the dolphins and the super bowl and for a possible NC title game.

I understand that, hence beggars can't be choosers. Heck, some of the amenities are just lame for even the NFL. Clubs, really?

I understand that, hence beggars can't be choosers. Heck, some of the amenities are just lame for even the NFL. Clubs, really?

have u seen the niners new stadium? theyre trying to get u to go to games and if they can add extra crap to entice you to go and be able to keep up w the other games on, they'll do it. NFL attendance has decreased even tho viewership has gone up, so theyre trying to make it an event, a party (which actually works in miami).

Advertisement
Back