A look into the "New" Sun Life stadium (video)

Advertisement
Well lets see how Sun life is after they put the roof on and have installed the 4 giant screens, there won't be another college team playing in a stadium like it. The roof should make it hella loud even with 50K fans in there, because supposedly the dolphins stadium designers studied stadium acoustic design.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-sun-life-stadium-renovations-022415
Garfinkel, however, doesn't expect the team's home-field advantage to suffer as a result.

"We actually did significant acoustic studies on the design," said Garfinkel. "The studies are incredible. The crowd noise is actually going to increase in the new stadium. The way roof has been designed, it actually keeps the crowd noise in and it's actually going to get louder."

[video=youtube;MF3zICsoKuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3zICsoKuU[/video]

Ibis Wings & Franchise..You're the reason we're in the shape we are. I hope we don't win one game. Rooting for the canes to win its 5 to 7 win max its ultimately rooting against them. We need Al out, We need Blake out. Period. End of Story.

So you're a better UM fan than us because you want UM to lose? Strangely enough, after my catastrophic brain injury a couple weeks ago, that makes perfect sense.

It's very simple. we never will contend for anything major with Al Golden as HC. Sure we may have an occasional 8-9 win season but we'll never win the conference & never make the playoff. The talent has been there. The man just cannot get the job done. If you're okay with being okay then im happy for you. I want more & so should everybody else.

Advertisement
Ibis Wings & Franchise..You're the reason we're in the shape we are. I hope we don't win one game. Rooting for the canes to win its 5 to 7 win max its ultimately rooting against them. We need Al out, We need Blake out. Period. End of Story.

So you're a better UM fan than us because you want UM to lose? Strangely enough, after my catastrophic brain injury a couple weeks ago, that makes perfect sense.

It's very simple. we never will contend for anything major with Al Golden as HC. Sure we may have an occasional 8-9 win season but we'll never win the conference & never make the playoff. The talent has been there. The man just cannot get the job done. If you're okay with being okay then im happy for you. I want more & so should everybody else.

Only babies always get what they want.

:KYPOwCc:

When you put even a partial roof on something, it reflects sound. Unless they use sound absorbing material, it WILL make it louder. Keep believing otherwise if you'd like, it doesn't bother me. There will be A) more people at the games. B) fewer empty seats. C) a massive "partial" roof. Now, you say there will be little to no difference? I think you're just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Actually, I know a lot about how sound works. And yes, if you take out the empty seats, it takes away sound absorbers. First of all, you are concentrating the sound by bringing the seats closer to the field. Then, you are taking away what WOULD be empty seats that absorb sound. Then you are putting a giant roof over all the seats, where the sound is coming from. I promise you, it will make a big difference. You don't have to believe me, but I am confident it will be louder.

The seats closer to the field is big, but the real difference will be when they put the sound reflecting shade tree up. Not only will that draw more people to our noon games, but it'll make them sound louder than they normally are. It will draw more people out, no doubt. Maybe not 10K on average, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the difference between a sellout and 10K empty seats for say VT. People like new things. Also, I bet it helps recruiting.

I see people keep saying this crap about the sound level increasing and it's completely inaccurate. It's possible had they kept all the seats, but they're losing 10k plus. People who think putting a tarp with a huge hole in the middle of it and all around the sides thinking it'll be louder have no idea how sound works. The partial roof is adding nothing more than protection from the elements, that's it. Quit spreading b.s..

As for the rest and the video, it sure looks shiney. It resembles nothing of what I've come to know about college football from tailgating to game experience, but beggars can't be choosers. Yes, the bells and whistles may bring people out initially, but if the team isn't winning, it'll still be a ghost town in particular when tickets increase a good amount to make up for the lost seating.

No offense Thomas, but it's clear you know nothing about sound and the principles of how it works. Your post comes across as very DBC'ish.

Well lets see how Sun life is after they put the roof on and have installed the 4 giant screens, there won't be another college team playing in a stadium like it. The roof should make it hella loud even with 50K fans in there, because supposedly the dolphins stadium designers studied stadium acoustic design.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-sun-life-stadium-renovations-022415
Garfinkel, however, doesn't expect the team's home-field advantage to suffer as a result.

"We actually did significant acoustic studies on the design," said Garfinkel. "The studies are incredible. The crowd noise is actually going to increase in the new stadium. The way roof has been designed, it actually keeps the crowd noise in and it's actually going to get louder."

[video=youtube;MF3zICsoKuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF3zICsoKuU[/video]

I'd rather sit in the OB.

Parking in some 80-something Cubanito's driveway, walking 3 miles to the stadium with 40lb cooler in hand, 102 degree Florida sunshine burning my skin to a crisp...all to be steamed alive by the 100% humidity in the creaky old student's section??

I'd give anything to have that back

Advertisement
For all those concerned about renovated Sun Life Stadium looking empty during many non marquee games, once the roof is in place there will be giant screen banners that are lowered behind the Upper Tier Endzone sections to block them out as sections closed for stadium seating capacity reduction.

miami-hurricanes-banners.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back