A little intel from an ACC President

Advertisement
I would love for the school to go after the NCAA but why be a martyr for the rest of college footballs benefit. Taking them to court would extend this ordeal. Lets put it behind us and move on.

Lulz at Mark Emmert, he thought he could out maneuver Shalala and got seriously ****ed in the process.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you had permission even without mentioning names.
There have been so many media leaks it's gotten out of hand.
I would love for us to get over this with time served, however I find letting the NCAA to continue operating status quot distasteful.
I would love to see a major overhaul of that organization and some equity in the way college athletes are compensated.
Perhaps for starters, a cut of profits on sales for merchandise sold in the NCAA store to help with college expenses not covered by their scholarships.
The current system treats college athletes like slave labor and richly rewards the administrators of the college sport industry.
JMHO

Advertisement
That victory lap might be a bit premature.

Lulz at Mark Emmert, he thought he could out maneuver Shalala and got seriously ****ed in the process.
Even if they still try to hammer us, they are going to court and the end of the NCAA as it is now is due in large part to the Miami fiasco. We sparked all of this. So either way the NCAA has already lost. Its just their choice now if they want all their dirty laundry aired in court and make their demise happen even sooner.

Had lunch with a certain ACC President (not Donna). He had some interesting things to tell me. Primary among them, and what I'll share with the board, is that the consensus is that Donna has boxed the NCAA into a corner and there is no out. He's a President of a state school and of course favors the status quo over players getting paid and a wholesale reform to the NCAA paradigm. He wants the Miami case disposed of summarily without further penalties. And he says that other ACC Presidents feel the same. He thought the NCAA's response in opposition to Miami's motion was a complete failure, both in substance and from a PR perspective. Finally, he believes that there is zero chance that UM does not go to court if the NCAA stubbornly presses on and the COA hands down stiff penalties. This is a guy who knows Donna fairly well. I tend to think he's correct

One of the dynamics oft times ignored in our discussions is the fact that the NCAA member institutions want to continue the model of sham amateurism and self-regulation. The threat of litigation from a member institution is not being taken lightly by the other institutions. They do not want Miami going HAM on the NCAA in court (and more specifically, in discovery). With a dearth of hard evidence, mounting public criticism of the NCAA's handling of our case, and tacit opposition by other schools to end it now, I like our chances that the COA will find a way to end this case without any additional major penalties.

Well we all knew this, if U didn't U must be living in a barn....WE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY FILED THE PAPERS IN COURT,ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THEN WORDS

Had lunch with a certain ACC President (not Donna). He had some interesting things to tell me. Primary among them, and what I'll share with the board, is that the consensus is that Donna has boxed the NCAA into a corner and there is no out. He's a President of a state school and of course favors the status quo over players getting paid and a wholesale reform to the NCAA paradigm. He wants the Miami case disposed of summarily without further penalties. And he says that other ACC Presidents feel the same. He thought the NCAA's response in opposition to Miami's motion was a complete failure, both in substance and from a PR perspective. Finally, he believes that there is zero chance that UM does not go to court if the NCAA stubbornly presses on and the COA hands down stiff penalties. This is a guy who knows Donna fairly well. I tend to think he's correct

One of the dynamics oft times ignored in our discussions is the fact that the NCAA member institutions want to continue the model of sham amateurism and self-regulation. The threat of litigation from a member institution is not being taken lightly by the other institutions. They do not want Miami going HAM on the NCAA in court (and more specifically, in discovery). With a dearth of hard evidence, mounting public criticism of the NCAA's handling of our case, and tacit opposition by other schools to end it now, I like our chances that the COA will find a way to end this case without any additional major penalties.

Well we all knew this, if U didn't U must be living in a barn....WE SHOULD HAVE ALREADY FILED THE PAPERS IN COURT,ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THEN WORDS

Yeah! And it's all the Miami media's fault! That Susan Miller Dengnan and all her cats. Manny and all his Cuban sandwiches. Blame them!

Yeah! And it's all the Miami media's fault! That Susan Miller Dengnan and all her cats. Manny and all his Cuban sandwiches. Blame them!

I agree I found out everything and it wasn't from them...LMAO

Advertisement
:ibisroflmao:

I agree I found out everything and it wasn't from them...LMAO

Thanks for the info dycane! I know some people want blood. I think Emmertt is a piece of crap. I just want this thing to end so we can move on. I don't want it to drag out in court, just be finished with the whole ordeal. And let Nevin rot in prison.

Problem for me is I think we should take it to court no matter what.

+1

I would take their time served and then sue the fock out of this corrupt gestapo style BS organization. Take the NCAA down now so they can't come after us again later down the road when they have even more of a vendetta against us. Time to break up the good ol' boy club...

Do you really think Colleges are any different than the NCAA? Of course they don't want the kids being paid, less for their pockets. They are all corrupt as **** now, makes me sick. This generation of kids are getting F up the *** with all the over paid teachers, staff and presidents. IMO, college is nothing but a big joke now, raping the young people. 10 years to become a doctor, 8 for a lawyer, get the F out of here, nothing but a scam so others can keep people in the system longer so they will have jobs.

If it wasn't for college sports I'd love to see them all go belly up, nothing but a scam job so others can pad their bank accounts. Give me a doctor that has 2-4 years of college and 6 years of on the job training and you will have one that has a clue when they are given the OK to practice. Much easier to weed the bad ones out, can anyone tell I think colleges and the NCAA are a F scam job? lol

I want blood.

146.gif

Advertisement

+1

I would take their time served and then sue the fock out of this corrupt gestapo style BS organization. Take the NCAA down now so they can't come after us again later down the road when they have even more of a vendetta against us. Time to break up the good ol' boy club...

Do you really think Colleges are any different than the NCAA? Of course they don't want the kids being paid, less for their pockets. They are all corrupt as **** now, makes me sick. This generation of kids are getting F up the *** with all the over paid teachers, staff and presidents. IMO, college is nothing but a big joke now, raping the young people. 10 years to become a doctor, 8 for a lawyer, get the F out of here, nothing but a scam so others can keep people in the system longer so they will have jobs.

If it wasn't for college sports I'd love to see them all go belly up, nothing but a scam job so others can pad their bank accounts. Give me a doctor that has 2-4 years of college and 6 years of on the job training and you will have one that has a clue when they are given the OK to practice. Much easier to weed the bad ones out, can anyone tell I think colleges and the NCAA are a F scam job? lol

Blame Title IX. Only about 25% of the athletic programs in college are turning a profit, how can other schools afford to pay players?

+1

Blame Title IX. Only about 25% of the athletic programs in college are turning a profit, how can other schools afford to pay players?

How about cutting those bloated teacher/staff/ college presidents pay? How about making their retirement age 65 to 70 like the rest of the private sector. How about getting rid their pensions, that nobody in the private sector gets anymore? They should get SS and that's it, like the private sector, let them save for their own retirement like I did. How about getting rid of their drop plans worth up to and more than a million dollars? How about getting rid of turning in their sick time for 30 years for hundreds of thousands of dollars? How about getting rid of their H In insurance just like the private sector when they retire early? How about getting rid of paid vacation and personal time, 4 months off a year is not enough? Add up personal time, sick time and vacation time it's 5 months off, GTFOOH. I could go on if you wish? These people are robbing your kids and grand kids blind for in many cases a worthless piece of paper.
d

+1

How about cutting those bloated teacher/staff/ college presidents pay? How about making their retirement age 65 to 70 like the rest of the private sector. How about getting rid their pensions, that nobody in the private sector gets anymore? They should get SS and that's it, like the private sector, let them save for their own retirement like I did. How about getting rid of their drop plans worth up to and more than a million dollars? How about getting rid of turning in their sick time for 30 years for hundreds of thousands of dollars? How about getting rid of their H In insurance just like the private sector when they retire early? How about getting rid of paid vacation and personal time, 4 months off a year is not enough? Add up personal time, sick time and vacation time it's 5 months off, GTFOOH. I could go on if you wish? These people are robbing your kids and grand kids blind for in many cases a worthless piece of paper.
d

Bloated teacher salaries? Are you serious?

76% of all college instructors across the US are adjuncts--which means they get paid an average of about $2,500 per course they teach. They get no benefits, and they usually hold down at least one other job on the outside just to get by.

The other 24% of instructors who are in tenure track positions don't make a helluva lot of money either. The average starting salary for an assistant professor (the bottom rung for tenure track jobs) is around 60k, and the average for a "full" professor (the top rung, those professors who've usually been in the job for 15+ years and have performed well) is around 140k. A lot depends on the discipline, though--the average full professor in English or Humanities makes something like 90k, while the average med/law/engineering professor can make 175-200k.

Either way, they're not the ones getting rich. In the entire state of FL, there are only maybe 2-300 profs who make more than 300k/yr...and the vast majority of them work for the med school at UF or are superstar engineers or scientists who pull in millions of dollars in grants for their university.

As far as their retirement age...you ever look at the age of most tenured faculty members? Most don't retire until at least 70.

Last edited:
Advertisement

+1

d

Wow. So many untruths in here. SMH

+1

d

So your athletic programs are in the red so you dig into the academic budget to pay football players? If anyone should pay the players its the television networks who make jilllions off of college football. Division 1 Universities get cuts of the profits from TV but most if goes to supporting the other athletic programs that don't earn a dime and most teams hope to break even, and don't.

+1

d

So your athletic programs are in the red so you dig into the academic budget to pay football players? If anyone should pay the players its the television networks who make jilllions off of college football. Division 1 Universities get cuts of the profits from TV but most if goes to supporting the other athletic programs that don't earn a dime and most teams hope to break even, and don't.

Actually the networks bid for the rights which creates a situation where its often a coin flip as for profitability. For instance, its well known that NBC loses money on the olympics each year.

For every LSU filling up their big stadium and getting big donations, there are 5 Bowling Greens or Hamptons struggling to meet budget.

Exactly, sports are often loss leaders to pull in the elusive male demographic and advertise for other things on the network.

One of the primary drivers of bloat in the educational system is the government sponsored availability of student debt. Law schools are an excellent case study: highly profitable for institutions, but there is no corresponding job market once grads are through.

Advertisement
Back