A Gentlemen's Discussion on Northrup

You guys are crazy. Unlike any of us, Bakas actually speaks with the recruits. He has a good idea of what's going on. Like ANYONE in the bizz, he'll never be right all the time...but he's pretty solid. Unless you're new to recruiting, you understand how fast things can change...right? Also unlike any of us, Bakas actually gets out to see these kids in person. He does a pretty good job (better than most I've seen) with his evaluation of players.

If you were involved in the chat, you'd know that Bakas said White is the better backer now but Northrup has more upside and is the better prospect. Later he was asked if he could take one, which one would he take...answer was Northrup.

The hate is humorous. I just don't get it.

I like Mike a lot, the problem I have with him is he makes promises he doesn't keep all of the time. Sometimes its a promise to say what happened and then never does and other times it's saying he will do a daily or weekly post on something until a certain date, but usually stops making the posts well before the date indicated. I wish he would just stick to giving his opinion and not making promises he cant/wont keep.

Sure. I see that. Understand that. It's just funny how some on here live on the info and opinion that Bakas gives...then hates on him for it. Crazy. Especially when they don't have the whole story...like in this thread.

I admittedly didn't participate in the chat, but give me a break with the "Unlike any of us, Bakas actually speaks with the recruits. He has a good idea of what's going on. " He should know what's going on, and he should be talking to recruits, it's his job to know and people pay money to read his opinions. And the grief he gets comes from the fact that he changes his mind so many times that after NSD he can always claim to be right about every possible prediction, regardless of whether said prediction was one of 15 about what might happen. The criticism he gets isn't personal, it's professional and frankly he's been doing this long enough where he should know better.

Advertisement
You guys are crazy. Unlike any of us, Bakas actually speaks with the recruits. He has a good idea of what's going on. Like ANYONE in the bizz, he'll never be right all the time...but he's pretty solid. Unless you're new to recruiting, you understand how fast things can change...right? Also unlike any of us, Bakas actually gets out to see these kids in person. He does a pretty good job (better than most I've seen) with his evaluation of players.

If you were involved in the chat, you'd know that Bakas said White is the better backer now but Northrup has more upside and is the better prospect. Later he was asked if he could take one, which one would he take...answer was Northrup.

The crazy one would be the one still paying for a subscription to hear what that fraud has to say...

Don't say ANY cause I call/speak & e-mail the recruits to get a lot of the info I put out.

Advertisement
Moderator Statement:

Please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Statement:

Larry - Please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Moderator Statement:

Please maintain a higher level of decorum on this board.

Moderator Statement:

Even though I know this stuff doesnt bother the guy with the words "staff writer" next to his name, its not appropriate discussion for this forum.

Advertisement

Don't say ANY cause I call/speak & e-mail the recruits to get a lot of the info I put out.

That's awesome Navy. Keep it coming. I just hope people don't take your info and mock you with it. :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Soooooooo . . . . this thread doesn't really have a damned thing to do with Northrup . . . .

Maybe we could re-title it, "JUST HOW FOS IS BAKAS????

Advertisement
Back