A Gentlemen's Discussion on Northrup

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Bakas gave his % on who ends up here and Northrup was 25% and Darius White was 75%.Welcome to the U, Reggie Northrup.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would post a chat recap from over there for you guys but the **** is laughable, so I will pass, unless you guys really want some more ammo.

FSU folks talking like it is a done deal with Northrup. He's just waiting to commit.

Yeah and add to the fact that he is visiting OSU this weekend and that seems to be the reason why he thinks Northrup is a goner. Mike thinks White is a better pure LB though (that should get the natives restless).

Advertisement
Bakas told people that we weren't recruiting Tracy Howard like 2 days before Howard said he was going to take a visit here. LOL

id like the chat recap....just for laughs

Its not that bad I guess, just the first few things I read were whatever. White> Northrup(despite RN being the better athlete White is the better pure LB) and much more likely in this class.

PJ Williams now a 40% chance. Dequan Ivery 60% chance.

No chance on Borque, Mike not sold we went all out on him. FSU with a slight lead on the Gators at the moment for Howard (though HurriKane disagrees, says Gator).

Some good news that I think most can get on board with is he thinks we are going to clean up locally next year and thinks our next Junior Day on 2/9 will lead to some more commits.

There was/is some editing going on so I dont want to start spreading around stuff that wasnt said, or was misquoted.

Advertisement
Yeah, he's been all over the place with his predictions. First we were in great shape with Goldman, only to shortly thereafter be in an uphill climb. We were in the drivers seat for Denico Autry after the visit....1e see how that went. Now this Darius White better pure LB crap then Northrup, after saying through the whole process Northrup was a virtual Cane lock. He's becoming a bigger joke by the day. The Tracy Howard thing is the funniest of all. One day he's an overrated prospect we're no longer recruiting, to he's coming on an OV, way to go staff! He's funny.....

All that said, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if all we got come signing day is PJ Williams. I'd like better but I could live with that.

Yeah, he's been all over the place with his predictions. First we were in great shape with Goldman, only to shortly thereafter be in an uphill climb. We were in the drivers seat for Denico Autry after the visit....1e see how that went. Now this Darius White better pure LB crap then Northrup, after saying through the whole process Northrup was a virtual Cane lock. He's becoming a bigger joke by the day. The Tracy Howard thing is the funniest of all. One day he's an overrated prospect we're no longer recruiting, to he's coming on an OV, way to go staff! He's funny.....

All that said, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if all we got come signing day is PJ Williams. I'd like better but I could live with that.

To be fair I think most expect things to be all over the place around this time of year. He is usually much more solid earlier on, so things haywire around NSD are expected. Not this year though.

It sure would be nice if he ever explained why he feels so strongly about something going wrong. It would give people an opportunity to see where he was/is coming from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Per the poster that recapped it, Mike thinks we have a really good WR class, but only "has a semi for D'Mauri".

Now thats funny.

where's larrrry with the ol Bakas impersonation?

*Mike Bakas posts his Top 100*

"#26. Reggie Northrup."
"#65. Darius White"

*Mike Bakas, a week later, in the chat*

"...But, Darius White is a better linebacker than Reggie Northrup...I think he's 75% going to be a 'Cane!!!"

*Reggie Northrup inks with the 'Canes*

"Like I told you guys all along, Reggie Northrup is one of the best linebackers in the entire state and would be a 'Cane! This is a big get for Miami!"

Advertisement
Back