A Gentlemen's Discussion on Northrup

where's larrrry with the ol Bakas impersonation?

*Mike Bakas posts his Top 100*

"#26. Reggie Northrup."
"#65. Darius White"

*Mike Bakas, a week later, in the chat*

"...But, Darius White is a better linebacker than Reggie Northrup...I think he's 75% going to be a 'Cane!!!"

*Reggie Northrup inks with the 'Canes*

"Like I told you guys all along, Reggie Northrup is one of the best linebackers in the entire state and would be a 'Cane! This is a big get for Miami!"

Larry, have no fear. Mike said he would recap the PJ Williams situation for everyone after signing day was over.

Hold on to your butts.....

Advertisement
LOL @ PJ Williams "situation"...btw - we never get the Mike Bakas "inside scoops" of what happened, ever. He'll always say he will give it, but we've never gotten the after the fact stories. EVER.

LOL @ PJ Williams "situation"...btw - we never get the Mike Bakas "inside scoops" of what happened, ever. He'll always say he will give it, but we've never gotten the after the fact stories. EVER.

I still asked about the "Ramon Buchanon Situation" up until last year to no avail......and we landed the friggin guy.

"#26. Reggie Northrup."
"#65. Darius White"

"...But, Darius White is a better linebacker than Reggie Northrup...I think he's 75% going to be a 'Cane!!!"

"Like I told you guys all along, Reggie Northrup is one of the best linebackers in the entire state and would be a 'Cane! This is a big get for Miami!"

Classic!!!!!

Advertisement

Seriously, we hear every year about how we'll get the scoop on X recruit after NSD. Not once has he come through. Bakas is all smoke and mirrors.

You guys are crazy. Unlike any of us, Bakas actually speaks with the recruits. He has a good idea of what's going on. Like ANYONE in the bizz, he'll never be right all the time...but he's pretty solid. Unless you're new to recruiting, you understand how fast things can change...right? Also unlike any of us, Bakas actually gets out to see these kids in person. He does a pretty good job (better than most I've seen) with his evaluation of players.

If you were involved in the chat, you'd know that Bakas said White is the better backer now but Northrup has more upside and is the better prospect. Later he was asked if he could take one, which one would he take...answer was Northrup.

The hate is humorous. I just don't get it.

You guys are crazy. Unlike any of us, Bakas actually speaks with the recruits. He has a good idea of what's going on. Like ANYONE in the bizz, he'll never be right all the time...but he's pretty solid. Unless you're new to recruiting, you understand how fast things can change...right? Also unlike any of us, Bakas actually gets out to see these kids in person. He does a pretty good job (better than most I've seen) with his evaluation of players.

If you were involved in the chat, you'd know that Bakas said White is the better backer now but Northrup has more upside and is the better prospect. Later he was asked if he could take one, which one would he take...answer was Northrup.

shut up mike

whats happenin mike

Advertisement

"#26. Reggie Northrup."
"#65. Darius White"

LOL

You still owe $10

I like Mike a lot, the problem I have with him is he makes promises he doesn't keep all of the time. Sometimes its a promise to say what happened and then never does and other times it's saying he will do a daily or weekly post on something until a certain date, but usually stops making the posts well before the date indicated. I wish he would just stick to giving his opinion and not making promises he cant/wont keep.

Advertisement

I like Mike a lot, the problem I have with him is he makes promises he doesn't keep all of the time. Sometimes its a promise to say what happened and then never does and other times it's saying he will do a daily or weekly post on something until a certain date, but usually stops making the posts well before the date indicated. I wish he would just stick to giving his opinion and not making promises he cant/wont keep.

Sure. I see that. Understand that. It's just funny how some on here live on the info and opinion that Bakas gives...then hates on him for it. Crazy. Especially when they don't have the whole story...like in this thread.

^Lulz

Reggie Northrup according to anyone that claims to have the knowledge is not looking good for Miami at all. It's not just Bakas unfortunately. On the main college football board I post at, the lone Cane recruit insider guy has outright said that Northrup is no longer committed. I'm not confident that we're going to get this kid. At all.

Advertisement
Bakas has no idea what he's talking about. He is just stirring the pot for subscriptions

Before I found this board I actually was contemplating paying for the IN scout board. If only to not have all the trolls in there and get better info....100% glad I didnt waste $10

you dont need to be an insider to see whats going on with Northrup. If you've followed recruiting before, your eyes and intuition should tell you that Northrup will not be a Cane. He's been shaky for a long time now and is looking for something better obviously. As soon as he decided against enrolling early so he could go on visits , you knew it wasn't likely he would stick. Also, he's a Jacksonville kid, and we flat out dont pull Jville kids. I'd bet our coaches have moved on

Advertisement
Back