A few things

Advertisement
Your saying we've always faired poorly in South Flirida?

The word "always" is a bit strong. In an earlier comment on this thread, I mentioned that Schnells had a couple of great classes of local kids in 1983 and 1984: Alonzo Highsmith, Melvin Bratton, Brian and Bennie Blades, Roosevelt Brown, Michael Irvin, Brett Perriman, Bill Hawkins, Bubba McDowell, Randy Shannon, Derwin Jones, Rod Carter, Tolbert Bain,.... Yikes! I mentioned that Butch's classes from 1999, 2000, and 2001 were good also. But yes, I am saying that most of our recruiting classes in the last 30 years have not had many good kids from south Florida.
I mentioned that I have every UM class since 1987. I really don't like vague abstractions. If you think I'm wrong, name a year, and I will display our entire recruiting class from that year, and you and I can look at it. To clarify, I am not talking about how the class was rated, just how it actually performed on the football field.

Last edited:

Not "poorly" but very much similar to what we are doing now as far as recruiting, which leads some on here to say Golden is "failing" as a recruiter. I've been following this team for decades now. Top S. Florida talent has always "gotten away" from Miami. The one poster whined that Golden was failing because he wasn't getting 80% of the top players in the area, then later uses our 2002 class as an example. Of course, the 2002 class was right after a National Championship, and even then we only got 7/10 top players in the area. So basically he undermined his own argument.

Advertisement
I like this class a lot, but loosing on Alex Collins, Sony, and Cook would be ROUGH to say the least!

We got Yearby. So while it may be great to get Sony and/or Cook as well, to say that getting one of the top 3 running backs in the nation is a failure is ridiculous. As for Collins, his entire situation was nuts and had nothing to do with our program, when even his brother, mother, and friends were all shocked since he had told them he was going to UM.

Not "poorly" but very much similar to what we are doing now as far as recruiting, which leads some on here to say Golden is "failing" as a recruiter. I've been following this team for decades now. Top S. Florida talent has always "gotten away" from Miami. The one poster whined that Golden was failing because he wasn't getting 80% of the top players in the area, then later uses our 2002 class as an example. Of course, the 2002 class was right after a National Championship, and even then we only got 7/10 top players in the area. So basically he undermined his own argument.

but alex pou made up for losing those 3 other studs.

I like this class a lot, but loosing on Alex Collins, Sony, and Cook would be ROUGH to say the least!

We got Yearby. So while it may be great to get Sony and/or Cook as well, to say that getting one of the top 3 running backs in the nation is a failure is ridiculous. As for Collins, his entire situation was nuts and had nothing to do with our program, when even his brother, mother, and friends were all shocked since he had told them he was going to UM.

Yearby is a huge get. But given our lack of depth at RB, it's a failure to lose all three of those other studs, assuming that happens.

Yearby is a huge get. But given our lack of depth at RB, it's a failure to lose all three of those other studs, assuming that happens.

there are only certain schools that can get a bunch of stud running backs in one class

those are usually the schools that are the number one teams in the nation and even then when they do get them those kids will probably transfer out because of lack of playing time

you cant expect every year us getting every single stud RB in the state that is just unrealistic

Advertisement

there are only certain schools that can get a bunch of stud running backs in one class

those are usually the schools that are the number one teams in the nation and even then when they do get them those kids will probably transfer out because of lack of playing time

you cant expect every year us getting every single stud RB in the state that is just unrealistic

I clearly do not expect to get "every single stud RB." I meant not getting another one of those three studs to pair with Yearby, given our woeful RB depth, would be a failure. If we pull Cook, all is great. Or had we pulled Collins last year, we would be fine. But missing all three of those is a big-time swing and a miss.

I clearly do not expect to get "every single stud RB." I meant not getting another one of those three studs to pair with Yearby, given our woeful RB depth, would be a failure. If we pull Cook, all is great. Or had we pulled Collins last year, we would be fine. But missing all three of those is a big-time swing and a miss.

i usually dont really bring up some stuff about being paid off and what not, but the whole collins thing was a big mess, cant really blame the staff on that one

about the other two studs in the class, it aint over with cook and this is just my opinion, if we dont get him it had nothing to do with the staff not trying or working hard enough

and swing and miss for me is us getting no stud running back at all, we got yearby that kid is elite in my book

Wow my hopes for the finish of this class went from optimistic to negative after reading this. Yet again we fail to close out on the top tier talent that is left in SFLA.

SMDH WTF

In December? What is this amateur hour?

I remember my first recruiting season..

very similar to what we are doing now which leads some on here to say Golden is "failing" as a recruiter.

Top 4 class just isn't good enough at Miami.. With our facilities, fanbase, Sunlife stadium, sanctions & the fact that we won a bunch of games before these kids were born... No excuse. We are Miami. FIRE THIS CORCH.

Advertisement
Wow my hopes for the finish of this class went from optimistic to negative after reading this. Yet again we fail to close out on the top tier talent that is left in SFLA.

SMDH WTF

Exactly, I rather have all of December be miserable and close strong in January. Last year for instance, we were all doing back flips all the way til the last week and reality started to settle in that we might not get anybody. In December, Bostwick was a lock, as was Collins, Kirkland and MT 6. We were possibly getting Hooks and AQM. Then early January we get AQM, then hire Coley and we were getting everyone, everyone. Then came the last week and the BTW fiasco and so forth, and if it weremt for Stacy picking us, I think have this board was would have jumped off the top of Stanford while slicing their throats......

SMDH WTF

Maybe all new posters as part of their recruiting designation take an on-line course to avoid the stupidity the has been exhibited on the board of late. Thoughts?

but alex pou made up for losing those 3 other studs.

*****, pou was nothing...nate harris...now that was a great player (is he out of jail yet?)

Advertisement
http://floridastate.247sports.com/Board/36/UF-AAVIP-on-Cook-23973612/1

Thread on Cook from the noles 247 site, also with a link to the UF sites "Swamp Secrets" feature that talks about Cook. Let my subscription expire so can't summarize a **** thing (if you're reading this Threadkilla help us out) but you can pretty much get the gist of things from the comments in the thread.

Note: I want to beat that ****** fsukum in the gnads with the claw end of a hammer. Behind NoVa, he's the biggest FSU prick on the interwebs

One thing in all this bull**** is perfectly clear: the same group of ******** that made the main board unreadable are having the same impact here.

Fact. Not a rumor. No need for an insider.

It's getting old.

LOL WHO CARES you 2 and sebastian are of the same group of ***s making this board unreadable also.... you ****** do you (and each other) and the guys with a brain will do them.

we always got most of the top talent out of south florida, especially dade. any comments stating otherwise are just idiotic.

One thing in all this bull**** is perfectly clear: the same group of ******** that made the main board unreadable are having the same impact here.

Fact. Not a rumor. No need for an insider.

It's getting old.

LOL WHO CARES you 2 and sebastian are of the same group of ***s making this board unreadable also.... you ****** do you (and each other) and the guys with a brain will do them.

Ingles por favor?

Advertisement
Back