A few things

(if you're reading this ilovelamp help us out)

:fistbump: Many believed the grandmother of five-star running back Dalvin Cook was the key to his recruitment for quite some time now. As this saga continues to play out, we have heard from two different sources with strong and deep ties to the city of Miami, that is not actually the case. While Cook does not come off as one that is easily swayed by outside opinion, we are told the person’s opinion he values, a staffer at Miami Central, feels Florida State is the school for Cook.

Heading into Cook’s Miami visit, I could not shake the Tracy Howard saga from two cycles ago, where on Thursday night before the UM visit I thought he was all locked up to UF, then he spent time with friends close to home & by Sunday night found out he was going to be a ‘Cane. It does not appear the Miami official visit had that same type of affect on Cook, but regardless it is not looking good for the Gators.

UF wants to get him on a visit during the dead period since he has signed a Financial Aid Agreement, but as of last night Cook has no plans to return to UF or any other college campuses (he denied the LSU visit rumor).
============================================================

Advertisement
Dixon was the only guy who we really thought would be ours. Pelon never indicated he was coming here at all, that was always going to be a tough pull. Cook was a pipe dream, and the only reason we got a serious look was because of his friendship with Yearby, but they kid has seemed all along like he wanted to be anywhere but Miami.

IMO its much more important we keep Valentine, Kaaya, get Griffin qualified, and find another safety.

If we can add a kid like Hester, or JC, and keep what we have, this will still be an EPIC class. Would be great if we found a late JUCO kid at DT, but what can we do. Maybe we can still sway CJ to take the freaking online course. But what can we do about something like that? If a kid is that lazy, then what else can we really do?

Look, we knew all along that the closing of recruiting season was going to rough, since there wasnt much left on the table for us to add, and it would be a fight to hold the kids we do have. We have a MONSTER class right now, but we lined it up early, so it was bound to be anti-climatic.

People are sleeping on some of the studs we have. Courtel Jenkins is going to be a MONSTER IMO. Brady is a kid who many feel has the most upside of ANY of the receivers we have been after, including Dixon and Lane. Valentine is a MONSTER and if we keep him, he is going to be rocking it next year. Our OL class is the envy of the nation. Chad Thomas is going to be a beast here. Joe Yearby is an elite RB, and if Duke is healthy, and Gus gets another year of Utough and working on getting better, Duke, Yearby, and Gus will be a very strong running stable. IF we can get Griffin qualified, that will be a major boost.

Yes it would be nice to add a little more icing on the cake, but lets NOT for one moment overlook what a GREAT class this is. The biggest concern right now should be holding what we got, and making sure they qualify.
a pipe dream to get an elite running back who grew up a cane fan, who's coach is a cane, who has two teammates committed here who lives half an hour away who has a brother here and who's mom apparently wants him here...if that's a pipe dream, well then what the **** is reality

He grew up a Canes because it was the college team in his city. Fact is he's never truly wanted to be here.He is giving Miami a chance to see if there is something there and as of today there isn't. Obviously you refuse to accept that all of the spheres of influence surrounding Cook don't matter in his college decision. Maybe he still signs due to peer pressure or maybe he doesn't we won't know for a few more weeks. I grew up a Niners fan, do I want to move to San Francisco?

IDK know why you just don't go find another team to root for already. Maybe Auburn or FSU would be better fits for you. You come in every thread *****ing like a 12 year old girl getting her first period. You hate the staff, hate this, hate that. You always neglect to use any logical train of thought to make these anti golden and anti canes statements. your act is old already.

we always got most of the top talent out of south florida, especially dade. any comments stating otherwise are just idiotic.

Name a year other than 1983, 1984, 1999, 2000, or 2001 (which brought in good groups from South Florida, as I stated in my post above) and I will display our entire recruiting class from that year for all to see. This will help us evaluate facts rather than assertions.

we always got most of the top talent out of south florida, especially dade. any comments stating otherwise are just idiotic.

Name a year other than 1983, 1984, 1999, 2000, or 2001 (which brought in good groups from South Florida, as I stated in my post above) and I will display our entire recruiting class from that year for all to see. This will help us evaluate facts rather than assertions.

I guess he's forgetting about Dwayne Bowe, Stanley McClover, JR Bryant, Antone Smith, Dee Morley, Ricky Jean-Francois, Jeff Owens, Sam Young, Preston Parker, Marcus Gilbert, Noel Devine, Major Wright, Deonte Thompson, Armando Allen, Patrick Peterson, Etienne Sabino, Janoris Jenkins, Corey Luiget, Jon Bostic, Rodney Smith, Jayron Hosley, Lamarcus Joyner, Matt Elam, Corey Lemonier, Nick O'leary, Marcus Roberson, Kelvin Benjamin, Devonte Freeman. Those are just some of the "misses" in the top 10s in south florida over the Coker/Shannon years. Maybe we did better pre-Coker, but Golden seems to be doing a better job recruiting elite south florida talent than either of the past 2 coaches and that's with coming in with little to no connections in the area and all the other crap.

****, we were even cheating during that period!

(if you're reading this ilovelamp help us out)

:fistbump: Many believed the grandmother of five-star running back Dalvin Cook was the key to his recruitment for quite some time now. As this saga continues to play out, we have heard from two different sources with strong and deep ties to the city of Miami, that is not actually the case. While Cook does not come off as one that is easily swayed by outside opinion, we are told the person’s opinion he values, a staffer at Miami Central, feels Florida State is the school for Cook.

Heading into Cook’s Miami visit, I could not shake the Tracy Howard saga from two cycles ago, where on Thursday night before the UM visit I thought he was all locked up to UF, then he spent time with friends close to home & by Sunday night found out he was going to be a ‘Cane. It does not appear the Miami official visit had that same type of affect on Cook, but regardless it is not looking good for the Gators.

UF wants to get him on a visit during the dead period since he has signed a Financial Aid Agreement, but as of last night Cook has no plans to return to UF or any other college campuses (he denied the LSU visit rumor).
============================================================

279.gif

Thank you sir..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back