A few things

Advertisement
Lol ok so you go by rivals fine. Lets take another angle.

247 top ten prospects in south Florida

1. Cook - Gator
2. Lane - Gator
3. Kc - Cane
4. Valentine - Cane
5. Sony - UGA
6. Rudolph
7. Darling - Cane
8. Yearby - Cane
9. Thomas - Cane
10. Dixon

Then, if you look at Florida's top 100 prospects, we have 7 more prospects from South Florida alone committed to us. 12 south Florida kids in the top 100 is pretty good to me. Then add other Florida kids like Owens, Harris, Gibbons, etc. Then mix it in with OOS kids like Young, Jenkins, Berrios, etc.

Also I forgot Rudolph was committed as well since we already missed on him.

While its not looking good for Rudolph or Dixon at the moment, it wasnt looking good for coley or Howard at the time either. Reserve judgement till the LOI's are in. Dixon is a 50/50 shot between us and OSU. I bet Dixon will flip flop between the two schools a couple times before he makes his final decision this weekend.

OK fine, say we have 4 or 5 out of the top 10 committed. That's still not good enough. Maybe that bums everyone out but then they need to get thicker skin.

LMAO at that dude asking for fake news as long as it's good. Grow some thicker skin ppl.

It is what it is.

We're not recruiting well enough right now to win a national title, and that's what we all want. The talent is down here this year but if we want a championship team that means closing on guys like Sony and Cook and Rudolph and Lane and Dixon etc.

Championships are won and lost right now. Recruiting season.

You're just new to recruiting. Go back to the classes from 1998-2001, and tell me if we got all 10 of south Florida's best players.

The earliest Rivals goes back to is 2002.

1. Nate Harris - Miami
2. Nate Salley - Ohio State
3. Max Jean Gilles - Georgia
4. Terrell Walden - Miami
5. Baraka Atkins - Miami
6. Terrell McGill - LSU
7. Kareem Brown - Miami
8. Darnell Jenkins - Miami
9. Glenn Sharpe - Miami
10. Alex Pou - Miami

That's 7/10.

Where did you get your numbers 1-10 from?

The other thing is that that was hardly a stellar group. Not one of those seven players that became Canes was listed among the top ten players at his position on Scout (I agree that rivals is better, but scout has all the info in one place, so it was easy for me to find). I don't remember any of them being a high draft pick. As much as anything, the list recalls the fact that Coach Coker seemed to be a catalog shopper.

http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=9&c=8&yr=2002

Uh, can we wait until everyone commits before we compare? Yeah we have 5/10 but it could just as easily be 7/10 possibly 8/10 come signing day if a few things go our way. Then where is your argument?

ALEX POU?!

LMGDBO

Line him up with Brandon Sebald & Reggie Youngblood. That's what? 13 to 15 stars worth of offensive lineman.

ALEX POU?!

LMGDBO

Line him up with Brandon Sebald & Reggie Youngblood. That's what? 13 to 15 stars worth of offensive lineman.

Add Andrew Bain a couple years later with Tyrone Moss running behind them and we winning #6!!!!...... oh wait.

Advertisement
I'm Hurt Dog and Ernie Mcckraken would take 03 class and 08 class over this one because there were more SoFla recruits in it.

ALEX POU?!

LMGDBO

Add Andrew Bain a couple years later with Tyrone Moss running behind them and we winning #6!!!!...... oh wait.

Bain, Moss and Mr. Cyrim Wimbs. Blanche Ely in the HOUSE!

Teraz McCray was the throw in, last minute offer when ****son (was it ****son?) left us with our **** in our hands. Ended up being the best player of the group.

Mannnnn, I feel pretty good about things, I rather get the low points out of the way, than ride a bunch of high points only to face plant like last year. Dixon is a dissapointment but lets not forget the fact we got Moten last month at a way more important position. Like I said, another DT, S, and a LB plus maybe one or two from that elite group of Cook, Sony, JC, Lane, Rudolph, Dixon and Pelon. This **** runs in waves, n the next couple weeks we will be back on top of the world, and then back down again. The one upside is that we are still due for that Al Golden January special. Que the Pete Carrol pimp walk.........

Advertisement
what else could we possibly do with dalvin man... several in homes, official visit, teammates commited to UM, majority of his family wanting him at UM. i mean **** man

There's only one thig you can do: cut him a check.

You think Jimbo built this team of his on hidden gems? FSU got tired of being a joke, and they started buying national studs. You can't win today without buying recruits.

108.gif

:ibisroflmao:

Dixon was the only guy who we really thought would be ours. Pelon never indicated he was coming here at all, that was always going to be a tough pull. Cook was a pipe dream, and the only reason we got a serious look was because of his friendship with Yearby, but they kid has seemed all along like he wanted to be anywhere but Miami.

IMO its much more important we keep Valentine, Kaaya, get Griffin qualified, and find another safety.

If we can add a kid like Hester, or JC, and keep what we have, this will still be an EPIC class. Would be great if we found a late JUCO kid at DT, but what can we do. Maybe we can still sway CJ to take the freaking online course. But what can we do about something like that? If a kid is that lazy, then what else can we really do?

Look, we knew all along that the closing of recruiting season was going to rough, since there wasnt much left on the table for us to add, and it would be a fight to hold the kids we do have. We have a MONSTER class right now, but we lined it up early, so it was bound to be anti-climatic.

People are sleeping on some of the studs we have. Courtel Jenkins is going to be a MONSTER IMO. Brady is a kid who many feel has the most upside of ANY of the receivers we have been after, including Dixon and Lane. Valentine is a MONSTER and if we keep him, he is going to be rocking it next year. Our OL class is the envy of the nation. Chad Thomas is going to be a beast here. Joe Yearby is an elite RB, and if Duke is healthy, and Gus gets another year of Utough and working on getting better, Duke, Yearby, and Gus will be a very strong running stable. IF we can get Griffin qualified, that will be a major boost.

Yes it would be nice to add a little more icing on the cake, but lets NOT for one moment overlook what a GREAT class this is. The biggest concern right now should be holding what we got, and making sure they qualify.
Too many ifs there.
This

what else could we possibly do with dalvin man... several in homes, official visit, teammates commited to UM, majority of his family wanting him at UM. i mean **** man

You think Jimbo built this team of his on hidden gems? FSU got tired of being a joke, and they started buying national studs. You can't win today without buying recruits.
Actually starting to believe this...What is making kids go to Arkansas over UM...why has Florida State owned us in recruiting the last few years. these guys are getting top national recruits in addition to getting elite sfla recruits, while we get a few "elite" recruits (besides Chad who can we really call elite ?) and the rest are solid guys but not guys that you build a dominating team with like FSU has now...is Jimbo that good of a recruiter ? As soon as he stepped in it seems they pull 85% of the people they want...ridiculous

Advertisement

Actually starting to believe this...What is making kids go to Arkansas over UM...why has Florida State owned us in recruiting the last few years. these guys are getting top national recruits in addition to getting elite sfla recruits, while we get a few "elite" recruits (besides Chad who can we really call elite ?) and the rest are solid guys but not guys that you build a dominating team with like FSU has now...is Jimbo that good of a recruiter ? As soon as he stepped in it seems they pull 85% of the people they want...ridiculous

I already thought your post sucked. Then you dropped this nugget. Negged.

Done we aint close to eing elite until we win on the trail its as easy as that. If u tell yourself that it will make it easier to watch our upcoming seasons.

Advertisement
OK fine, say we have 4 or 5 out of the top 10 committed. That's still not good enough. Maybe that bums everyone out but then they need to get thicker skin.

LMAO at that dude asking for fake news as long as it's good. Grow some thicker skin ppl.

It is what it is.

We're not recruiting well enough right now to win a national title, and that's what we all want. The talent is down here this year but if we want a championship team that means closing on guys like Sony and Cook and Rudolph and Lane and Dixon etc.

Championships are won and lost right now. Recruiting season.

You're just new to recruiting. Go back to the classes from 1998-2001, and tell me if we got all 10 of south Florida's best players.

The earliest Rivals goes back to is 2002.

1. Nate Harris - Miami
2. Nate Salley - Ohio State
3. Max Jean Gilles - Georgia
4. Terrell Walden - Miami
5. Baraka Atkins - Miami
6. Terrell McGill - LSU
7. Kareem Brown - Miami
8. Darnell Jenkins - Miami
9. Glenn Sharpe - Miami
10. Alex Pou - Miami

That's 7/10.

Where did you get your numbers 1-10 from?

The other thing is that that was hardly a stellar group. Not one of those seven players that became Canes was listed among the top ten players at his position on Scout (I agree that rivals is better, but scout has all the info in one place, so it was easy for me to find). I don't remember any of them being a high draft pick. As much as anything, the list recalls the fact that Coach Coker seemed to be a catalog shopper.

http://miami.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=9&c=8&yr=2002

Uh, can we wait until everyone commits before we compare? Yeah we have 5/10 but it could just as easily be 7/10 possibly 8/10 come signing day if a few things go our way. Then where is your argument?

The difference between a ship and another 9 or 10 win season is 3 or 4 kids.

Not to be a negative prick, but I'm starting to think we strike out on every last target.

That may be. But the staff put this class in the barn early. Now they are just looking to and a few stays to the herd. I would not cout them out on everyone. They nail Tracy late and AQM was surprise. Buth we huge gets. If they keep this class it a solid A. It fills the biggest need we have - dline. Adds to our other long term need - a real QB. And just for the heck of it, that is one prenty good Oline coming in. We probably only have a spot or two left, with the rest just being some culling. Keep the wolves away for our Dline recruits is the most important thing the staff can do. Those DTs and DEs are the big gets. With Dukle and Joe mending, it would be nice to lnd a Cook or one like him, but we have Powell coming too and, while smaller, he is a huge playmaker. The O is loaded. Fixing our D is all that matters.

Wow my hopes for the finish of this class went from optimistic to negative after reading this. Yet again we fail to close out on the top tier talent that is left in SFLA.

SMDH WTF

It's December. If you're going to meltdown wait till February

Settle down? Ok you go ahead and hold out hope for signing day as I admire this dumpster fire of a finish and LMFAO.

At this pace February will be an absolute **** show and utter dissapointment. What a joke!

5 days ago we were getting Cook and Dixon, and quite possibly Pelon. Settle down.

Settle down? Ok you sit there and be level headed or even hold out hope while I sit back and watch the dumpster fire that will be signing day and LMFAO.

The "dumpster fire"? Maybe you should calm down, go take a look at our commits and our class ranking, and chill out.

Advertisement
Back