A few scrimmage nuggets

A fast person can look slow if he’s still processing the game at a slow level (*ahem* Huff).

Redding won’t run in the 4.3s but there are many examples of successful receivers who run 4.5s.

Not writing anyone off after one spring scrimmimmage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like everyone is getting some action, everything is processing well .
Pushing and shoving should be coming soon as players lay claim and reps increase.

Comments of leaders to fellow players will start as they learn tendencies in playing together and how everyone reacts.

All good stuff @Cribby sharing that things are in formation towards our new identity.

Things seem different kind a like Dolphins are doing forming something special to make a run very soon.

GOOD STUFF HAPPENING, LOVE IT

GOCANES

If he doesn’t play something is wrong. Pope had a solid day but X in different category.
X should be the 1b to Harley's 1a in the slot if he keeps this up no doubt. I'll be interested to see how brashard smith influences the reps/competition in the slot when he shows up. Anything on Key Smith btw ?

Advertisement
All I want to hear it that's theres legit competition at every position. Hearing that X went off is great! It gives Wiggins, Pope, and Smith something to work for.. or a reason to move on..

I'm dying to hear some real info on the LBs. If the young pops arent showing anything then we need to go portal hunting fast!

Sooo neither outside WR can make contested catches or win on intermediate routes, and the slot working the middle of the field and getting the ball in space is...the softest WR on the team who rarely makes plays after the catch. Seems good.

As for Redding I was never a huge fan cause he's a high-cut stiff dude but he's big and physical. He can actually win the ball in the air or outmuscle corners on slants. Seems to me like the coaches don't know how to use him. "Has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!" is a good way to describe Trevon Grimes, but Grimes went to an offense that optimizes pass concepts to fit their personnel. The same offense that had a statue QB light it up (TVD mobility comment) and got 70 catches and 10 TDs from Kadarius Toney who's similar to Brashard Smith.

15-0 best corching staff evar
Grimes didn't start living up to his potential until his junior and senior seasons so why is Redding being used as a jump off point for corch talk? Where Redding is in his career Grimes at the same point had 3 catches and 20 yards and was transferring. Just so happens currently Redding has 3 catches for 19 yards and TD.

Miami's slot WR last year(Harley) caught 57 balls and 7 TDs and averaged 14 yards per catch in a new offense. His numbers are down from Toney's which makes sense because the Gators were historic in their offensive production but it aint like our slot guy didn't put up numbers too.

Advertisement
Exgf-L9WUAY6bpC.jpeg.jpg
Exgf-MCWUAQ60P3.jpeg.jpg
Exgf-L-XAAkwhZv.jpeg.jpg

All the good news on Chase Smith sounds like he should be one of our starters. Move Frierson to safety and open the striker for the young guys.

Advertisement
Yes sir , I posted a few days ago he’s been playing very well.
Thanks, Cribby. It actually sounds pretty encouraging to me. I was expecting the offense to dominate the 1st scrimmage as usual and it sounds like the D is looking good under Manny the DC and the new coaches.

I don’t think they’re gonna be able to keep Strepo and Chase Smith off the field. And if, Garcia looks even close to TVD, give me García. I hope the coaches would be willing to put him at QB2, even if TVD transfers, if he looks that good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back