A few scrimmage nuggets

TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was hit running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.
Did u mean to say
Ivy was "hit" running with the ones? Do you mean "out"? Sorry to be dense!
hopefully he meant “not”!

“hit” gonna be wild around here if he meant something else!

Advertisement
Good stuff Crib. Running game was generally bottled up but Chaney had a spectacular long run. LBs played well.

My takeaways are Garcia, X and Chase Smith. Garcia in particular because he’s been limited leading up to this scrimmage.

What did Chase Smith do to stand out?

Advertisement
Good stuff Crib. Running game was generally bottled up but Chaney had a spectacular long run. LBs played well.

My takeaways are Garcia, X and Chase Smith. Garcia in particular because he’s been limited leading up to this scrimmage.
Agree on Garcia. Granted he's no doubt against the 2s and maybe 3s, but encouraging performance, especially coming off being a little banged up.

Advertisement
Had an interception in man coverage and some big tackles. Got off Restrepo block and blew up a screen. Just generally looked long, fast, fluid and aware.

I’ve heard nothing but positive things on chase

You guys think we eventually grows into WLB or stay at STRK? Him and James Williams on the field together could be something special

Sooo neither outside WR can make contested catches or win on intermediate routes, and the slot working the middle of the field and getting the ball in space is...the softest WR on the team who rarely makes plays after the catch. Seems good.

As for Redding I was never a huge fan cause he's a high-cut stiff dude but he's big and physical. He can actually win the ball in the air or outmuscle corners on slants. Seems to me like the coaches don't know how to use him. "Has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!" is a good way to describe Trevon Grimes, but Grimes went to an offense that optimizes pass concepts to fit their personnel. The same offense that had a statue QB light it up (TVD mobility comment) and got 70 catches and 10 TDs from Kadarius Toney who's similar to Brashard Smith.

15-0 best corching staff evar

Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was not running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.
How does the D-line look and LB’s look?? Nothing on keyshawn-smith?? Thank you for the post !!

Advertisement
Back