A few scrimmage nuggets

All the good news on Chase Smith sounds like he should be one of our starters. Move Frierson to safety and open the striker for the young guys.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Frierson was all over the field making plays in actual games. We have plenty of depth at safety too so he is not needed there. Smith's time will come.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. Don’t get me wrong, I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point. That goes for any unproven player not just him

Last edited:
Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point
He was probably making his numbers against 3s and walk on's last year. You take it all with a grain of salt. Did he make plays against the 1s today?

Last edited:
Advertisement
TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was not running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.
Nice update. Redding had a laser 4.5 at the opening in HS and a 41 inch vert. Coaches gotta push the kid.

Time to move Redding to CB we can use his strength and athleticism on Defense. I created a thread on it last season... just bringing that up to highlight how far ahead of the curb I am on you fcks.
So a kid who appears to be not explosive and a little stiff if you believe the reports needs to move to corner? LoL, now that is fun. I have no opinion on the kid as what we saw last year was extremely limited.

Restrepo is a green tree all American until proven otherwise. Not trying to knock on the kid but we heard the hype last year and then he didn’t do anything noteworthy other than fielding some very questionable punts. I like the kid but got to see it in games at this point
He was definitely a dude as a punt returner but he was brought here to be a slot receiver and he got virtually zero opportunity on field in that regard last year. I'm taking this scrimmage with a grain of salt but if he keeps this up he needs to be getting heavy reps at slot behind Harley.

“Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!”

This is highlighted b/c as I said in thread created for him, all those muscles don’t mean chit if u can’t get open. Thanks for the Nuggets, brethren. Hopefully Pope hits his mark in the slot.
How long before the Redding to TE chatter starts?

Advertisement
Nice update. Redding had a laser 4.5 at the opening in HS and a 41 inch vert. Coaches gotta push the kid.
I try to tell people that 40 time stuff is nice and all but football speed is different. He’s a legit 4.5 guy but he’s going to have to figure some stuff out. Sloppy route runner and the way I took was maybe a tad stiff. It’s still early , I’m not giving up on him yet. If he learns to use his physicality and size the light could come on.

Advertisement
TVD played well but he’s going to need time in the pocket , he’s not quite as mobile as the coaches expected.

Tyrique blanketed everyone , perfect day minus a PI on Rambo. He also laid a violent hit on Don.

Starting three wr’s were Rambo, Harley and Pope in the slot. Pope actually had a great day.

Pope knows the slot is his only chance to play and is open , I always said that’s his natural spot.

The d dominated but the wr’s made plays.

Hall and bubba started as safeties and had a great day.

Chaney had best day of backs.

ivey was not running with ones.

The returners are TS, Rambo, Harley and Restrepo. They’ll figure out starters.

Redding had a rough day , has trouble getting open and IS NOT FAST!!

It’s possible there’ll be limited tickets to the spring game , as of now the players families are the only getting access.

Harley and Pope are both slots. That’s the problem.

Hopefully the fire that was lit under Harley allows him to overachieve and excel on the outside.

We haven’t had many reliable big receivers outside Richards and Hurns for a while now.

Harley and Pope are both slots. That’s the problem.

Hopefully the fire that was lit under Harley allows him to overachieve and excel on the outside.

We haven’t had many reliable big receivers outside Richards and Hurns for a while now.
Harley is playing outside , I’m sure he’ll move around but today is was outside.

Advertisement
Back