95 Huskers vs 2001 CANES (simulated)

Playing close with Nebraska in 94 in not a fair argument. Nebraska was a completely different team in 95. It’s like comparing the 00 team to 01. And we wouldn’t Murder them. It would be a very close game. These two are clearly the two best teams of all time. Both teams were so dominant and were loaded with talent. They are both on a different category than the 08 gaytors, 19 LSU, 18 Clemson, ect.
Nebraska was NOT a completely different team from 94 to 95....Stop it...And whats with the comparison of 2000 & 2001 UM??...Same team....with another yr of experience....except 2000 had Tana and Wayne....

Advertisement
Philips was not close to Gore, Portis or McGahee. Nebraska always played a easy schedule. How did any of the Nebraska players do in the NFL where every players is good and not weak players playing only college ball. How many players on that 2001 team make the NFL let alone 17 first round picks that ended up going all pro.
Never said he was . I was just pointing out how good he was

Philips was not close to Gore, Portis or McGahee. Nebraska always played a easy schedule. How did any of the Nebraska players do in the NFL where every players is good and not weak players playing only college ball. How many players on that 2001 team make the NFL let alone 17 first round picks that ended up going all pro.
They played three top 10 teams (Kansas state, Colorado, and Kansas) and they killed them all. Plus, they played Florida in the national championship. I get your point about producing in the NFL, but I don’t think it’s a fair argument for determining the best college team. First off, there have been so many college athletes don’t turn out to be studs in the pros. Both Nebraska and Miami had amazing talent in college. There is no arguing against that. When you are doing this type of discussion, you should looking at what the players did in college, not the pros. Take Phillip Buchanon for example, he was obviously a stud in college. But he was never able to be a stud in the NFL. I personally think 01 Miami would have won this game. They had the better college talent. But this game would be close though. I don’t think you will ever seen another team like the 01 canes and the 95 Nebraska. These two teams are on a whole other category than 08 gaytors, 19 LSU, 18 Clemson, 04 usc, ect.

They played three top 10 teams (Kansas state, Colorado, and Kansas) and they killed them all. Plus, they played Florida in the national championship. I get your point about producing in the NFL, but I don’t think it’s a fair argument for determining the best college team. First off, there have been so many college athletes don’t turn out to be studs in the pros. Both Nebraska and Miami had amazing talent in college. There is no arguing against that. When you are doing this type of discussion, you should looking at what the players did in college, not the pros. Take Phillip Buchanon for example, he was obviously a stud in college. But he was never able to be a stud in the NFL. I personally think 01 Miami would have won this game. They had the better college talent. But this game would be close though. I don’t think you will ever seen another team like the 01 canes and the 95 Nebraska. These two teams are on a whole other category than 08 gaytors, 19 LSU, 18 Clemson, 04 usc, ect.
Phillip is a close friend of mine...I'll be sitting at his table during his UM HOF Induction...he did very well for himself in the NFL....and now...

Last edited:
Larry Coker corched O vs. the ‘91 Miami D? Not betting on Coker.

2001 Miami would easily beat 1991 Miami.

I could see more of an argument for the 1986-1988 teams being competitive with the 2001 team than the 1991 team. And I think the 2001 team would go 3-0 against the 1986-1988 teams, with probably no more than one of those games being that competitive.

Advertisement

I could see more of an argument for the 1986-1988 teams being competitive with the 2001 team than the 1991 team. And I think the 2001 team would go 3-0 against the 1986-1988 teams, with probably no more than one of those games being that competitive.
Cool, thanks 4 the analysis!

2001 would beat 91 easily??....Jesus H Christ...2001 came a 2pt drop from losing to VT.....But would easily beat UMs Best Undefeated Defense ever???....Lol.....

91 team would beat both 86 and 88....C'mon man....

2001 would beat 91 easily??....Jesus H Christ...2001 came a 2pt drop from losing to VT.....But would easily beat UMs Best Undefeated Defense ever???....Lol.....
I would definitely take the 86 team over the 91 team. You lost all credibility when you said that Maryland played on the 91 team.

Advertisement
I would definitely take the 86 team over the 91 team. You lost all credibility when you said the Maryland played on the 91 team.
I forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know....Lost credibility??...MFer I was going to UM games Longggg before your *** was born....Because I made a mistake about Maryland??...Maannn sit your *** down...When your *** can say you've been to 250 UM games....2 NCs....and had a sideline Pass for 6yrs....then holler back...otherwise stfu

1986 and 1988 were definitely both better than 1991. It isn't even close. I'd even favor the 86 and 88 teams over the 87 team, even though the 87 team was the only team in that span that won a national title.
That's your opinion....Not mine...88 better than 91??....Please get your head examined

I forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know....Lost credibility??...MFer I was going to UM games before your *** was born....Because I made a mistake about Maryland??...Maannn sit your *** down...When your *** can say you've been to 250 UM games....2 NCs....and had a sideline Pass for 6yrs....then holler back...otherwise stfu
I have been to four national championships: 86 fiesta bowl, 87 orange bowl, 91 national championships and 01 rose bowl. I Have been to the rose bowl game several times. I haven’t been to 250 games because I don’t live in or anywhere near Miami. But just because you have been to more games than me doesn't make you a bigger canes fan than me.

Advertisement
I have been to four national championships: 86 fiesta bowl, 87 orange bowl, 91 national championships and 01 rose bowl. I Have been to the rose bowl game several times. I haven’t been to 250 games because I don’t live in or anywhere near Miami. But just because you have been to more games than me doesn't make you a bigger canes fan than me.
I have a family member who coached at UM for 7yrs...86....95-2000...I also have a Son who's a UM Grad 2008....You can't FATHOM the kind of UM fan I am....If you saw the inside of my home...you'd understand...but keep thinking your a bigger Fan....

Kansas State , Colorado and Kansas where are garbage teams that only played most of their games in there weak division. Nebraska 95 run only could not through it wishbone team would have been blown out by 2001 Miami. To much talent on both sides at Miami. Line up each of the players against each other and there is not comparison. Miami blew out ranked teams back to back Washington and Syracuse by over 100 points. The NFL is where the talent is great across the board and not weak teams out of Kansas and Colorado the might have a few good players here and there that can be exploited. Players might thrive in a weak division in college, but when they are up against top competition every week in the NFL , theaverage are gone after a few years like most of those Nebraska players.

That's your opinion....Not mine...88 better than 91??....Please get your head examined

86 had Testaverde, Bratton, Highsmith, Perriman, Blades and Irvin. That offense is loaded. On defense we had Mira JR, Blades, Gerome Brown, Stubbs, Maryland, Winston Moss, Clark, Bain, Shannon, McDowell. That team was loaded with talent. And they were physical

Advertisement
86 had Testaverde, Bratton, Highsmith, Perriman, Blades and Irvin. That offense is loaded. On defense we had Mira JR, Blades, Gerome Brown, Stubbs, Maryland, Winston Moss, Clark, Bain, Shannon, McDowell. That team was loaded with talent. And they were physical
I need no lessons about the 86 team...especially when my cousin was a GA on that team (LBers)

I have a family member who coached at UM for 7yrs...86....95-2000...I also have a Son who's a UM Grad 2008....You can't FATHOM the kind of UM fan I am....If you saw the inside of my home...you'd understand...but keep thinking your a bigger Fan....

Just because you go to a lot of Miami games and have kids that went to school there doesn’t make you a bigger fan than everyone on this group. Everyone in this group are die hard canes fans. I live in Beverley Hills, which is on the whole other side of the country, so I don’t get to see a lot of canes games anymore

Kansas State , Colorado and Kansas where are garbage teams that only played most of their games in there weak division. Nebraska 95 run only could not through it wishbone team would have been blown out by 2001 Miami. To much talent on both sides at Miami. Line up each of the players against each other and there is not comparison. Miami blew out ranked teams back to back Washington and Syracuse by over 100 points. The NFL is where the talent is great across the board and not weak teams out of Kansas and Colorado the might have a few good players here and there that can be exploited. Players might thrive in a weak division in college, but when they are up against top competition every week in the NFL , theaverage are gone after a few years like most of those Nebraska players.
Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma state. That was a good conference. Better than the big east back then. Colorado was a good program in the 90s. They won the national championship in 1990

Just because you go to a lot of Miami games and have kids that went to school there doesn’t make you a bigger fan than everyone on this group. Everyone in this group are die hard canes fans. I live in Beverley Hills, which is on the whole other side of the country, so I don’t get to see a lot of canes games anymore
And??....Im friends with several posters on here...both on the board and off...Dont need lessons on "Who's who here"....Im more than well aware....

Advertisement
Back