95 Huskers vs 2001 CANES (simulated)

Orlando you and I been on the same page forever man. The times i've sat and had a cold one and talked ball w Jimmy he always says this, like 3 times now. There was no way a one dementional team was gonna beat him, those we're the old days. The Texas/PSU/OU/Neb teams of old that could line up and just bulldoze their way downfield. Some of those teams would play an entire game and not complete a pass, they didnt have to. In comes Jimmy to put a stop to that ****, he had dudes, no way in **** your gonna get away w that and more than likely you'll get embarrassed. He changed the game, thank gawd. I tried watching Texas v Ark for the natty the other night, you cant hardly watch that **** man, omg. All these young guys here just dont know, but Miami changed the game, the establishment didnt like it, they hated everything about it, but the cat was outta the bag it couldnt be stopped. Tommy Frazier couldnt even run w our lb's much less the db's, he woulda had a really bad night lol kinda like Eric Croutch had

Advertisement
Orlando you and I been on the same page forever man. The times i've sat and had a cold one and talked ball w Jimmy he always says this, like 3 times now. There was no way a one dementional team was gonna beat him, those we're the old days. The Texas/PSU/OU/Neb teams of old that could line up and just bulldoze their way downfield. Some of those teams would play an entire game and not complete a pass, they didnt have to. In comes Jimmy to put a stop to that ****, he had dudes, no way in **** your gonna get away w that and more than likely you'll get embarrassed. He changed the game, thank gawd. I tried watching Texas v Ark for the natty the other night, you cant hardly watch that **** man, omg. All these young guys here just dont know, but Miami changed the game, the establishment didnt like it, they hated everything about it, but the cat was outta the bag it couldnt be stopped. Tommy Frazier couldnt even run w our lb's much less the db's, he woulda had a really bad night lol kinda like Eric Croutch had
I'll put that 91 UM Defense against Fraziers 95 team 7 days a week....

Advertisement
people lose sight of just how dominant that 91 defense was...

Fastest defense in Miami history...

absolutely elite in every aspect even if the pro careers of the respective players werent HOF level...
Lol at 2001 would roll them....Almost lost to a So-So VT team....but would Roll the 91 team....You simply can't make this sh*t up....

That defense always seem to rise to the occasion in 91 when needed and then the absolute beatdown of Nebraska in a game Miami could have won 45-0 had they been more focused...

That defense always seem to rise to the occasion in 91 when needed and then the absolute beatdown of Nebraska in a game Miami could have won 45-0 had they been more focused...
Nebraska's 1st Shutout in 70yrs...& 2 TDs called back on BS calls...

The 91 Defense was the best East-West Defense I ever saw....Keith Jackson always maintained the same thing....Absolute Goon Squad....The 89 Defense as well....

Advertisement
Since we're sitting around with not much to do. I thought some of you might enjoy this.

This guy,
Michael Calabrese
@EastBreese
Content Marketing Manager at Transfix, Action Network contributor and college fantasy football pioneer.

Has been simulating the best CFT of all time vs each other.

Here is a primer article for the game: https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf...ball-tournament-final-95-nebraska-vs-01-miami

Here is the link for the simulated game: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1PlJQmEXovqJE

Hope this works, if not let me know what I did wrong.
Not much need to discuss this the01 Canes would beat the brakes off any team, and yes the 2nd best team would be a Cane team.

I've got 280 games and 3 NC's but no sideline pass and I think you're crazy to think any other CANE team is beating the 2001 team. In fact I think it would be extremely hard for any team to beat the 2002 team. But these are all just opinions what do I know.

2002 is overrated. I’d rank 2002 behind 2000 and all of the 86-88 teams. Possibly behind 89-91 as well.

I've got 280 games and 3 NC's but no sideline pass and I think you're crazy to think any other CANE team is beating the 2001 team. In fact I think it would be extremely hard for any team to beat the 2002 team. But these are all just opinions what do I know.
I really don't think people realize how dominant our defense was under Jimmy and continuing onto under Ericson. We had some VERY DOMINANT front sevens and stacked backfields. I don't take anything away from our 01 squad. But the reason we were able to get all that notoriety & early draft picks besides most of us being very good was because of the fact the boys before us out the league on notice that to be a cane meant something not many other schools could touch. Alot of those boys we had in the 80s didn't get anywhere near the credit they deserved with scouts because the league was afraid we were all bad kids, teammates and most importantly locker room presences. The late 80s is when that finally started to change as a whole.

Advertisement
Lol at 2001 would roll them....Almost lost to a So-So VT team....but would Roll the 91 team....You simply can't make this sh*t up....

To be fair, 91 team barely won at BC 19-14 and B had drive to like the 25 in the last minute. Bad games happen. Cool debate though 🙌🏽

No one is beating the 01 team, no one

that team would have beat nebraska 59-0 if coker hadn't let up. The only reason I believe any of the games were close is because miami had, "better stuff to do."

when I say that i'm talking about troy state, and boston college specifically. It was like, "can't we just play the national championship game already, these guys are a waste of time."

Advertisement
they were 4-7, no need to speak in absolutes when it’s at minimum, a debatable opinion.

would take Erickson over Coker everyday and we were up 20-3 and 26-10 against an 8-4 VT before letting up... again.
THAT in itself is why I keep harping on 91 UM giving 01 Fits....And to be honest...more importantly is a Lubick led Defense easily over a Shannon led Defense....01 is without question the most talented team ever...but Erickson and Lubick would've Beatdown the 02 Ohio St team....I have no doubt whatsoever....

THAT in itself is why I keep harping on 91 UM giving 01 Fits....And to be honest...more importantly is a Lubick led Defense easily over a Shannon led Defense....01 is without question the most talented team ever...but Erickson and Lubick would've Beatdown the 02 Ohio St team....I have no doubt whatsoever....

No doubt.

Advertisement
Back