95 Huskers vs 2001 CANES (simulated)

That was the 1994 Nebraska team that barely beat Miami. The 1994 Nebraska team was far from as good as the 1995 team.
Stop it....That 94 Nebraska team was plenty good....You do realize that most of our DL was hurt for the game....Riley...Holmes..and Lang were hurt...so was Rock...leaving Sapp pretty much the only one unscathed....If our DL was at 100%...we Win the game going away.....As bad (aside from KC) as our OL was....Having Costa as QB was the icing on the Cake....TWICE during the game, he missed Wide Open recievers for sure TDs....Jonathon Harris had his Man beat by 10yds...and Costa severely underthrew him...our WRs were open the entire game...Nebraska's DBs were no match...

Last edited:
Advertisement
That Nebraska team had a heck of an OL, but the LBs and safeties on Miami mean that isn’t a path to victory for NB.
When has Nebraska EVER had a less than mediocre OL??.....The 83/84 Nebraska OL is the most Decorated OL in NCAA History (till this day) and would've been even better, had Dave Rimington been there another yr (83 was his Rookie NFL yr)...and yet a severely undersized UM DL more than held their own....Every UM DLman was outweighed by atleast 50lbs....especially Tony Fitzpatrick who was outweighed by 60+ lbs...
In the mid 90s I met Rimington in S Fl and talked with him, primarily about the 84 OB...
You could not ask for a nicer person for our 5min convo...Dude was STILL a Behemoth....
He said UMs Speed as a whole was unbelievable..that the LBers (Brophy etc..) were playing outta their minds...

Reed...Buchanon..Rumph...Jones...Taylor..etc..would have made Nebraska 100% one dimensional....i'm talking COMPLETELY obsolete....Add in UMs LBers, and Wilfork at Nosetackle...I'm not sure the Cornhuskers would be able to Beat that....and too be perfectly honest...Im not so sure that Nebraska would fair any better against the 90/91 UM teams....those DLs didn't give af about ANY OL....Bad matchup for ANY Nebraska team....that 1991 Texas OL was a Very Good one..and we Destroyed it....

Nobody has mentioned how awesome Lawrence philips was? He was( for some reason I think he’s dead?) crazy as ****, but he ran that rock

Sorry, but I don't see 2001 Miami beating 1995 Nebraska. You would have to believe that Larry Coker could put together a better game plan than Tom Osborne, and that Ken Dorsey would outplay Tommie Frazier. LOL, not going to happen. Maybe if Nebraska had a paper defense, but their defense was pretty legit that year.

I believe our 1987 team was better and more complete than our 2001 team by leaps and bounds. Maybe not talent wise, but coaching, chemistry, and team play, absolutely. It's not talent alone that makes a team great, it's all the other intangibles that people seem to forget about.

Lining up and running the option at an all time great talented team wouldn’t work lol. Miami had a great d and a great balanced o. Load the box and let ER play center field. Then just out athlete them.

It was a huge talent and scheme advantage for Um.

It’s actually quite simple.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reed...Buchanon..Rumph...Jones...Taylor..etc..would have made Nebraska 100% one dimensional....i'm talking COMPLETELY obsolete....Add in UMs LBers, and Wilfork at Nosetackle...I'm not sure the Cornhuskers would be able to Beat that....and too be perfectly honest...Im not so sure that Nebraska would fair any better against the 90/91 UM teams....those DLs didn't give af about ANY OL....Bad matchup for ANY Nebraska team....that 1991 Texas OL was a Very Good one..and we Destroyed it....

ST as a fourth lb, running a 4-4 with the goat in center field. Mismatch!!

The team they barely beat was nowhere near one of our better teams. Sapp devoured their big bad ol for three quarters. He just ran out of gas late.

Nobody has mentioned how awesome Lawrence philips was? He was( for some reason I think he’s dead?) crazy as ****, but he ran that rock

He is dead. Think he was found dead in his cell( suicide?).

Sapp was throwing Frazier and Berringer (RIP)..around like Rag Dolls for 3 1/2 quarters....Absolute Domination of an entire Backfield....He split double Teams Faster than ANY DLman in UM History...Wasnt the Straight on Bullrush like Jerome...etc....but in terms of getting a jump from snap...and Destroying ANY Gap,...he had No peers....

Advertisement
Lining up and running the option at an all time take red team wouldn’t work lol. Miami had a great d and a great balanced o. Load the box and let ER play center field. Then just out athlete them.

It was a huge talent and scheme advantage for Um.

It’s actually quite simple.

Exactly they would have no answer for the balance we had on Offense. Andre would have a field day against their DB's. Shockey would be unstoppable against their lb's

When has Nebraska EVER had a less than mediocre OL??.....The 83/84 Nebraska OL is the most Decorated OL in NCAA History (till this day) and would've been even better, had Dave Rimington been there another yr (83 was his Rookie NFL yr)...and yet a severely undersized UM DL more than held their own....Every UM DLman was outweighed by atleast 50lbs....especially Tony Fitzpatrick who was outweighed by 60+ lbs...
In the mid 90s I met Rimington in S Fl and talked with him, primarily about the 84 OB...
You could not ask for a nicer person for our 5min convo...Dude was STILL a Behemoth....
He said UMs Speed as a whole was unbelievable..that the LBers (Brophy etc..) were playing outta their minds...
you’re just making a different point than i am. I was focused on that ‘95 nb line, which was particularly good from my memories of watching it, even by nebraska standards. But also pointing out that in my opinion, the neutralizer for that UM team would have been LB and S, not so much DL. The interior DL on that ‘01 UM team wasn’t as good as the rest of the D.

you’re just making a different point than i am. I was focused on that ‘95 nb line, which was particularly good from my memories of watching it, even by nebraska standards. But also pointing out that in my opinion, the neutralizer for that UM team would have been LB and S, not so much DL. The interior DL on that ‘01 UM team wasn’t as good as the rest of the D.
I'm more than well aware...

Advertisement
This would have been a great game. These are easily two of the greatest teams off all time. So much talent on both teams. Here is what I think happens in that game: Dorsey throws a late game touchdown to Shockey with a minute left in the game. Nebraska gets the Ball back to try an tie it but Buchanon calls games and comes up with an interception. Canes are officially crowned the best team of all time!!!! And that’s the end of this discussion!!!

This would have been a great game. These are easily two of the greatest teams off all time. So much talent on both teams. Here is what I think happens in that game: Dorsey throws a late game touchdown to Shockey with a minute left in the game. Nebraska gets the Ball back to try an tie it but Buchanon calls games and comes up with an interception. Canes are officially crowned the best team of all time!!!! And that’s the end of this discussion!!!
Does Dorsey have enough time with Medearis and Patrick Screaming around the Ends, with Maryland & Curry Collapsing the Pocket, to hit Shockey (covered by the Fastest UM LBer Ever..Darrin Smith) for a TD??....Lol at Nebraska's LBers in comparison to Armstead..Barrow and Smith....especially in Pass Coverage....

Sorry, but I don't see 2001 Miami beating 1995 Nebraska. You would have to believe that Larry Coker could put together a better game plan than Tom Osborne, and that Ken Dorsey would outplay Tommie Frazier. LOL, not going to happen. Maybe if Nebraska had a paper defense, but their defense was pretty legit that year.

I believe our 1987 team was better and more complete than our 2001 team by leaps and bounds. Maybe not talent wise, but coaching, chemistry, and team play, absolutely. It's not talent alone that makes a team great, it's all the other intangibles that people seem to forget about.

Great Miami defense is Nebraska’s kryptonite. The 94 team hung in and got gassed late. If Costa played better, we could have taken them.

UFag got UFagged and exposed. They were not ready for the spotlight and got dominated by the defending national champ. It taught them how to take it to the next level though and they got the natty in 96.

The 2001 Miami defense is the prototype for stopping Tommy Frazier. The line backers would stuff the dive and run down the pitch. The ends would contain Frazier on the keep and then you have the safeties helping in the run with very little threat from Nebraska’s passing attack.

Nebraska would play our run well. They would not get pressure on Dorsey though. That 2001 o line still doesn’t get its due for pass protection.

Who in the **** was gonna cover Andre Johnson and Roscoe Parrish? Winslow? Porto’s our of the backfield?

Miami wins that game 31-20 at least. Crouch won the Heisman and was a great option qb. I know their line and rb was not as good as 95 but look what we did to the 01 team first half.

Nebraska was Superman in 95. 2001 Miami is Doomsday in Kryptonite armor sticking with a Kryptonite skeleton sticking a bone threw his Superman’s heart.

We would murder those guys.

Edit: Shockey, not Winslow.

Advertisement
If 2002 Ohio State's DL Ate Dorsey up...what in the name of God would happen against that 91 Band of Lunatics??....Throw a quick screen to Portis??...Lol...against Smith and Armstead??...Lol again...

If 2002 Ohio State's DL Ate Dorsey up...what in the name of God would happen against that 91 Band of Lunatics??....Throw a quick screen to Portis??...Lol...against Smith and Armstead??...Lol again...

That 02 title game was when the Coker effect was starting to get more entrenched. There was a reason Coker had never been as head coach at his age.

Coker was a good coach, but he wasn’t championship head coach material.

That 02 title game was when the Coker effect was starting to get more entrenched. There was a reason Coker had never been as head coach at his age.

Coker was a good coach, but he wasn’t championship head coach material.
Maryland would've killed Romberg.......Literally

Dude we are comparing the 2001 Miami hurricanes team to the 95 Nebraska team, not other Miami hurricanes teams

Advertisement
Back