95 Huskers vs 2001 CANES (simulated)

Advertisement
Great Miami defense is Nebraska’s kryptonite. The 94 team hung in and got gassed late. If Costa played better, we could have taken them.

UFag got UFagged and exposed. They were not ready for the spotlight and got dominated by the defending national champ. It taught them how to take it to the next level though and they got the natty in 96.

The 2001 Miami defense is the prototype for stopping Tommy Frazier. The line backers would stuff the dive and run down the pitch. The ends would contain Frazier on the keep and then you have the safeties helping in the run with very little threat from Nebraska’s passing attack.

Nebraska would play our run well. They would not get pressure on Dorsey though. That 2001 o line still doesn’t get its due for pass protection.

Who in the **** was gonna cover Andre Johnson and Roscoe Parrish? Winslow? Porto’s our of the backfield?

Miami wins that game 31-20 at least. Crouch won the Heisman and was a great option qb. I know their line and rb was not as good as 95 but look what we did to the 01 team first half.

Nebraska was Superman in 95. 2001 Miami is Doomsday in Kryptonite armor sticking with a Kryptonite skeleton sticking a bone threw his Superman’s heart.

We would murder those guys.

Edit: Shockey, not Winslow.

Playing close with Nebraska in 94 in not a fair argument. Nebraska was a completely different team in 95. It’s like comparing the 00 team to 01. And we wouldn’t Murder them. It would be a very close game. These two are clearly the two best teams of all time. Both teams were so dominant and were loaded with talent. They are both on a different category than the 08 gaytors, 19 LSU, 18 Clemson, ect.

I would have to disagree on that. 01 was way more dominant than 91. 01 had a way better offense. They had a better secondary. And they had a better defensive line. The 91 linebackers were better than the 01s.
Lol at 2001 better than 91s DL....Stop it...Nobody on UMs 2001 DL..Starts on 91s DL...Where??...Wilfork over Maryland?? Nope...Andrew Williams over Medearis or Patrick?...Nope....Mcdougle over Curry??....Nope....91 was UMs Best Defense Statistically...Look it up....2001 had a way better Offense than 91s??....Lol....I don't know about wayyyy better....DBs...I'll concede....but not because of CBs...91s CBs were as good as PB and Rumph....And ROTFLOL at 2001 being more Dominant....91 played a wayyyy tougher schedule (Look it up)...and 91 was 9months removed from Eviserating a Top 5 team in Texas.....If ya think UM Dominated Nebraska in 01....Go watch what UM did to a better Nebraska team in 92 OB....Nebraska's 1st shutout in 70yrs...22-0....and would've been alot worse if not for 2 TDs nullified by BS penalties...Stop with the insanity about ANY UM team in History, being wayyyy more Dominant than 91s team...Thats just being absurd...and silly...

Lol at 2001 better than 91s DL....Stop it...Nobody on UMs 2001 DL..Starts on 91s DL...Where??...Wilfork over Maryland?? Nope...Andrew Williams over Medearis or Patrick?...Nope....Mcdougle over Curry??....Nope....91 was UMs Best Defense Statistically...Look it up....2001 had a way better Offense than 91s??....Lol....I don't know about wayyyy better....DBs...I'll concede....but not because of CBs...91s CBs were as good as PB and Rumph....And ROTFLOL at 2001 being more Dominant....91 played a wayyyy tougher schedule (Look it up)...and 91 was 9months removed from Eviserating a Top 5 team in Texas.....If ya think UM Dominated Nebraska in 01....Go watch what UM did to a better Nebraska team in 92 OB....Nebraska's 1st shutout in 70yrs...22-0....and would've been alot worse if not for 2 TDs nullified by BS penalties...Stop with the insanity about ANY UM team in History, being wayyyy more Dominant than 91s team...Thats just being absurd...and silly...
First off, Russel Maryland wasn’t even on the 1991 team. So you just lost all credibility. Secondly, Mcdougle was a beast. He had a solid pro career as well. Same with Williams. Vince Wilfork wasn’t even a starter. And he might make the HOF. The 2001 team averaged 42.2 points per game and the 1991 team averaged 32.2. The 2001 team beat teams by an average of 32 points, which is the most in NCAA history. I am not knocking the 91 team at all. They were a VERY good team. But I would definitely take the 2001 team.

Advertisement
First off, Russel Maryland wasn’t even on the 1991 team. So you just lost all credibility. Secondly, Mcdougle was a beast. He had a solid pro career as well. Same with Williams. Vince Wilfork wasn’t even a starter. And he might make the HOF. The 2001 team averaged 42.2 points per game and the 1991 team averaged 32.2. The 2001 team beat teams by an average of 32 points, which is the most in NCAA history. I am not knocking the 91 team at all. They were a VERY good team. But I would definitely take the 2001 team.
Wilfork was a starter in 01....Would backup Maryland in any yr...Maryland had a better career in the NFL....and in College...

Wilfork was a starter in 01....Would backup Maryland in any yr...Maryland had a better career in the NFL....and in College...
If I remember correctly, Wilfork was not a starter. I attached the depth chart below from 2001. He did get a lot of playing time though. Maryland is really not relivsnt in this conversation. He wasn’t on the 91 team like you previously said. In college, Maryland was a better player. But I think Wilfork May have had the better pro career. Wilfork had 2 Super Bowls, 5 pro bowls, 2 time first team all pro, 3 time second team all pro and had 560 tackles. Maryland made three Super Bowls, had 375 tackles and he never made the all pro team. Through to be fair, Wilfork played like two more years than Maryland.

What a joke. Maybe at best 3 other teams on there belong. That 95 Nebraska team barely beat us in 95. Honestly they shouldn't have.
No doubt and Miami had a few of the DL that was out before the game. Miami was leading in the fourth for what I can remember and that team was not even a top ten all time Miami team.

Advertisement
No doubt and Miami had a few of the DL that was out before the game. Miami was leading in the fourth for what I can remember and that team was not even a top ten all time Miami team.
I hate when people bring up this game 😭😭😭. I was there and I was so made when they lost. But I think the 95 Nebraska was way better than the team in 94. We played the 94 team in the championship game. I absolutely love the *** whopping Nebraska game to Florida in the championship game. There was a Gaytor fan that worked at my office then, and he didn’t show up for like two days after the fame because he wasn’t ready for me to give him **** about it 😂😂

Playing close with Nebraska in 94 in not a fair argument. Nebraska was a completely different team in 95. It’s like comparing the 00 team to 01. And we wouldn’t Murder them. It would be a very close game. These two are clearly the two best teams of all time. Both teams were so dominant and were loaded with talent. They are both on a different category than the 08 gaytors, 19 LSU, 18 Clemson, ect.

The comparison was about Miami’s performance against option offenses over time.

The great option teams struggled against great Miami defenses.

We were the road block when they killed everybody else.

95 Nebraska was one of the top teams of all time, but a hungry Miami team stacked with the most high draft picks in CFC history would beat them by double digits.

They were too one dimensional. Our great defenses feasted on those type teams.

Sorry, but I don't see 2001 Miami beating 1995 Nebraska. You would have to believe that Larry Coker could put together a better game plan than Tom Osborne, and that Ken Dorsey would outplay Tommie Frazier. LOL, not going to happen. Maybe if Nebraska had a paper defense, but their defense was pretty legit that year.

I believe our 1987 team was better and more complete than our 2001 team by leaps and bounds. Maybe not talent wise, but coaching, chemistry, and team play, absolutely. It's not talent alone that makes a team great, it's all the other intangibles that people seem to forget about.

Clown comments...

Advertisement

Maryland graduated in 90. In 91 he was stuffing NFL RBs with a star on his helmet.

Hamlett was a Load....add Patrick...Medearis and Caesar...Quite the Load...

No doubt...it was still a nasty DL. I'd put that 91 team up against any of the all time great squads and it would be a battle. To me that 01 team man for man has to be the greatest squad put together in college tho.

Advertisement
Nobody has mentioned how awesome Lawrence philips was? He was( for some reason I think he’s dead?) crazy as ****, but he ran that rock
Philips was not close to Gore, Portis or McGahee. Nebraska always played a easy schedule. How did any of the Nebraska players do in the NFL where every players is good and not weak players playing only college ball. How many players on that 2001 team make the NFL let alone 17 first round picks that ended up going all pro.

I tend to think that 01 Miami would beat 95 Nebraska about 13 out of 20 games.

With that being said, why are people acting like a simulated video game is seriously meaningful? Especially since there only seems to be one simulation.

Does Dorsey have enough time with Medearis and Patrick Screaming around the Ends, with Maryland & Curry Collapsing the Pocket, to hit Shockey (covered by the Fastest UM LBer Ever..Darrin Smith) for a TD??....Lol at Nebraska's LBers in comparison to Armstead..Barrow and Smith....especially in Pass Coverage....
Larry Coker corched O vs. the ‘91 Miami D? Not betting on Coker.

Advertisement
Back