8-4

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
Honestly, this just shows we have the talent to win.

2 of the losses any GOOD coach could have won. Cinci and FSU.

The UNC loss would have needed a great coach.

Clemson is the real deal. A great coach would have kept us in it. Not sure about a win, but a good game nonetheless.

This season can be summed up by "should've".

We should've made the move earlier.

We should've beaten Cinci and FSU.

We should've had a 10 win season.

I'm holding off all excitement for next season until the coach is named. A GOOD coach goes 10-2 at worst next year. A GREAT coach goes 11-1 at worst, maybe 12-0 of these kids are all in and trust that they can knock the domers. Look at the schedule, and those are realistic expectations. 10-2 or better. If not questions can start to be raised regardless of who it is.

Advertisement
I predicted 4-8 so was doubled up. Nice to see and just hope we win the bowl now as it's been 9 years.

Anyone who says we have "no talent" and thus need a recruiter here to "build the program up" should be shot in the face.

Advertisement
Happy as ****. This looked like an 8-9 win team in preseason despite the coaching and they should land right there.

Advertisement
Happy as ****. This looked like an 8-9 win team in preseason despite the coaching and they should land right there.

I think we can agree that two of the losses were inexcusable. Cinci and FSU should be wins. Scott would have won those games.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This was at least a 10 win team during the regular season. These kids had no coaching and won 8 games.

Plenty of talent for next year.

This is about as good of a season as I could have hoped for. The only way it could have been better was if we beat UNC, and made the ACC championship game. I was down to lose as many games as it took to get Golden fired this year, and thankfully it happened before November began. Sure I'd want to beat FSU and Cincinnati, but I'm not totally sure that if we win those games Golden is still fired. So I wouldn't change anything about the season before Golden was fired, because it all needed to happen for the BOT to finally fire his ***.
So, I'm happy with being 8-4 and no Golden. 9-4 and potential to make it a 10 win season after a bowl win with Golden being fired would have been the best I realistically could have hoped for this year, so chance to win 9 isn't far off.

Anyone who says we have "no talent" and thus need a recruiter here to "build the program up" should be shot in the face.

If that final quarter of nonsense from Coley the recruiter didn't convince people nothing will. Lets get all the savages bro.

We've gone from people blaming Golden and the staff for misusing personnel and underachieving with the talent to people calling for Butch and using lack of talent on the roster as a main reason to bring him in. People talking about a major restocking of talent is needed, yet this is a 10-win team minimum with competent coaching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back