8/16 Scrimmage today

The highlight video will be 30 seconds! We need to get on the canes media to give us more access to our team. When Golden was coach canes media had 6-10 min videos of practice. Now we get 30 seconds of talking, stretchering, and drills. Do better Canes media.
Has nothing to do with the local media or the UM communications dept. and everything to do with how the head coach runs things. The HC chooses what gets released by communications and how much access is given to local media. That's why things were different under Golden vs. Manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
People are going to misunderstand what I say here, but I want to make one thing very clear: I want to watch our team this year as much as anyone else. But I really don’t want to waste the first good QB we have had in literal years on a season where we can’t even play for a NC. I’m selfish. I want King under center taking snaps against Bama to kick off next season. I am really torn here

Manny :

What I was pleased with was the operation for a first time out as a scrimmage,” Diaz said. “Your pre-snap penalties, guys lining up the wrong way, just not knowing what to do, I thought we were outstanding in that.
“I thought coach Lashlee and the staff did a great job of getting his guys prepared. I’m sure they’ll watch the film and realize they can be so much better, but again, just in terms of functioning in a scrimmage setting for the first time out and not having a spring, I was very impressed.”

That **** happens..it’s cfb lol..but overall they were 37 percent 3rd dwn D..not bad but not elite either..if u want to harp on 2 fake punt conversions, a play in which a veteran blows a assignment freelancing instead of looking at the numbers then U can do that with any team..when u have a offense who can’t put up points or sustain drives the chances of u being elite on defense are slim to non in today’s game
People are going to misunderstand what I say here, but I want to make one thing very clear: I want to watch our team this year as much as anyone else. But I really don’t want to waste the first good QB we have had in literal years on a season where we can’t even play for a NC. I’m selfish. I want King under center taking snaps against Bama to kick off next season. I am really torn here
I feel the same way. One thing that gave me some hope, this tweet today. Sounds like they might give players who even play this season an extra year of eligibility. Would hopefully bring back king for one full season.

there will be a NC this year

Advertisement
All those stats are good and all but how was our kicking game? Lol all extra points made? Any FGs attempted? I need these answers cause if we had a competent kicker last year we probably add 3 more wins.

Advertisement
Nothing misunderstood. I'm sure most feel the same way.

But we just need to go out and win every game regardless and build momentum and make sure we stomp Clemson.

For x amount of years all we’ve heard out of these scrimmages was the defense absolutely dominated, the offense was inept and for the most part that’s translated to the season. Awesome to hear the offense showed out. Can’t wait to see us light up the scoreboard this yr.
We've heard the same thing from 2000 to 2002. The offenses turned out pretty good. It's a little unsettling.

Advertisement
I’m being an *** but I am also being honest. I don’t expect our defense to be as good as last year. Replacing a top 5 pick, a starter at DT, two 4 year starters at LB and a starting corner is going to be challenging. I think we make up for it with a much better offense and ST though
So basically you're passive aggressive type of mindset.

Advertisement
Back