Pete Aziz, Glory, Nash, et al... Chidi Valentine-Okeke?

bomb

Band
Banned
Any info or thoughts? I haven't heard much about this kid, or I just missed it. He's local, has offers from the Big 3, and all the top SEC teams. It looks like he blew up a bit at the Underclassmen Challenge this weekend in Jax, though with an offer list like that, not even sure it mattered. Here is just a small, edited blurb:

Valentine-Okeke wowed everyone as soon as he walked in the door. He is absolutely massive with very broad shoulders, long arms and is really aggressive. The most impressive thing about Valentine-Okeke was how athletic he is. At the snap of the ball, he would quickly get into his set, get a strong punch on the defensive lineman and be able to reset in good position regardless of what counter-move his opponent tried. The big man earned MVP honors among a deep offensive line group. Valentine-Okeke is wide open, but has visited Florida State and Miami and will visit Alabama in Auburn in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Advertisement
I think that's short-sighted. As if its impossible for any kid to overcome some ******* handler with his hand out. It may stack the chips against us a bit, but these universal capitulations based on his high school are a bit much. He still grew up in SFL surrounded by Miami fans, etc. I'm glad our staff isn't as easily deterred.

While I'm not optimistic, I'm not ready to "next" him.

One thread below this you have people thinking we have a chance to pull a LA kid away from LSU. Go figure:

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/76371-Are-We-Gonna-Flip-This-LSU-Commit

He's obviously got jaw-dropping size for only being 16. Saw him live once and he looked like he was light on his feet. He's going to be a top 5 OT nationally when NSD 2016 comes. Miami was one of his early offers. When I talked to him a few months ago he seemed more interested in 'Bama, Florida State, and Miami more than any other schools.

Advertisement
I think that's short-sighted. As if its impossible for any kid to overcome some ******* handler with his hand out. It may stack the chips against us a bit, but these universal capitulations based on his high school are a bit much. He still grew up in SFL surrounded by Miami fans, etc. I'm glad our staff isn't as easily deterred.

While I'm not optimistic, I'm not ready to "next" him.

One thread below this you have people thinking we have a chance to pull a LA kid away from LSU. Go figure:

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/76371-Are-We-Gonna-Flip-This-LSU-Commit

He's a foreign exchange student. Came to the states about a year ago.

We will never recruit a kid from that toilet of a school again.

Hopefully he transfers like Clarington.

Advertisement
he's friends with Sunny Odogwu

He's also friends with 2015 4* OL Abdul Bello:

203.jpg

^^^ Valentine is on the right... can't believe he's a 2016 recruit- looks 30 years old :) vvv
2865883.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure we have the food budget for him and Sunny, but I'll pitch in a couple extra pizzas a day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We just don't win these battles much lately

Can't argue, but I am just feeling optimistic with the way the last few weeks have gone maybe. The staff is killing it. Its great to see them be able to recruit without both hands tied behind their backs.

Guys, bomb is the same ****** that used to post on Bakas' site.

He is clueless

•Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ****ing idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

So what if the rules aren't enforced.

We just don't win these battles much lately

Can't argue, but I am just feeling optimistic with the way the last few weeks have gone maybe. The staff is killing it. Its great to see them be able to recruit without both hands tied behind their backs.

We've definitely been riding a wave of momentum, which can be critical when you talk recruiting. No denying that.

We've won some battles just over the last few days that I didn't think were possible so....

Advertisement
Back