6 spots left who takes them

Yes, I honestly think he can. I was as critical as anyone when he was sticking it to the kicker's girlfriend. But he wasn't being a problem when Williams was QB. He went into Miami running a 4.85, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 4.7s now. He's got the skills to be an excellent power spread QB. In 2018, VT had the 13th ranked defense (total D) and he went into Blacksburg and had an effective and efficient game; 61% accuracy with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. That was in Richts horrendous offense. Enos's offense was just as bad. So he CAN be a quality starter. If he was coming out of HS right now and committed, we'd be doing cartwheels because of how well he'd fit in Lashlee's offense.

Richt’s offense was horrendous because he didn't have a decent QB or a decent OL. He was much more innovative than Enos, would have let Perry play loose if the kid was able to.

I give you that Perry has matured a lot. But he showed just as much inaccuracy and poor field vision last season as he did in 2017. He has a 53% completion rate.

Think about this — both Richt and Enos were desperate for Perry to take the starting role from Rosier and Williams, Both gave him multiple shots to do so. And he couldn't do it. He couldn’t beat out two of the worst QBs among the P5 conferences.

Now I want to believe it will all come together for him under Lashlee. But you can’t put all your chips on Perry, TVD and Tate.

We need a QB, preferably a high quality portal guy like LSU, Oklahoma and Taint got. Find me a Russel Wilson, Kyle Murray or Joe Burrow. Or a Jalen Hurts or Fields. They’re out there. Heck we got King this off-season.

Advertisement
If they expand to be able to fill the 85 then I believe we have room for about 12 or 13 more.... somebody correct me if I'm wrong

If they expand to be able to fill the 85 then I believe we have room for about 12 or 13 more.... somebody correct me if I'm wrong
I don't believe so,Diaz awarded scholarships to about 5 walkons last year.My guess is we have room for 3 or 4 on top of the 25 for this class.

Advertisement
He was much more innovative than Enos, would have let Perry play loose if the kid was able to.

I don't think he much more innovative. Entire playbook was RPO with mirrored routes. That was basically it. I think Enos tried more complex stuff but when your QB would rather roll a J than study the playbook, there isn't much he could do. I'd rather have the RPO than the slow-*** play action though.

I don't think he much more innovative. Entire playbook was RPO with mirrored routes. That was basically it. I think Enos tried more complex stuff but when your QB would rather roll a J than study the playbook, there isn't much he could do. I'd rather have the RPO than the slow-*** play action though.

I think the mirrored routes were to dumb down the playbook to give confidence to Rosier and Perry.

I don’t want to defend Richt, he did a number of things wrong and I’m glad he retired when he decided he didn’t have the heart to fire his son and the rest of his offensive coaches, and bring in a dedicated OC. But he wasnt a stubborn *** like Penos. He had a pee wee football playbook because he has pee wee QBs.

I’ve said my peace. I want to believe Perry could step in after King but there’s zero evidence of it. The class has a gaping hole in it without a QB.

Advertisement
What’s the reason some dont want Chase Smith?

I dont think you can find one person on this board that doesnt want him. I just think that some, including myself, dont see how he fits in unless he pulls the trigger like yesterday. Its unfortunate too because I think he would be a top 3 commit for us currently.

Im counting 76 scholarship players. Losing 7 seniors and at least 2 early imo. Thatd bring us down to 68. Still have some dead weight hanging around.

Advertisement
Any 2021 class without a quarterback is a huge concern even with all the talent we’re talking about. It can be a grad transfer quarterback. But we need one desperately.

After King leaves all we have are two guys that couldn’t beat out Jarren Williams and a new guy we are hopeful about but is still unproven in TVD. Does anyone really believe that Perry, the guy who couldn’t get it done in either 2019 or 2018 is suddenly going to lead us to the ACCCG and BCS playoffs? How about Martell, someone I initially was a huge fan of, but can’t seem to throw accurately even in non-contact practice? Matocha is a glorified PWO.

If Garcia isn’t the guy, let’s find a rental from the portal. Save a space for him.

Quarterback every year IMO.

with Brashard now in we're at 20. Assuming we keep Collins at DT

DT - Leonard Taylor
CB - Jason Marshall (if not Marshall, Markevious Brown)
QB - Garcia, Milroe or Braxton or possibly a transfer guy later in the year
OT - go all out for Tate, if not him, possibly a transfer guy later in the year
ATH - Yul or Chase Smith (whichever gets in first)

CB - Divaad Wilson if there is any extra spot from not taking an OT or from dropping Collins

Advertisement
with Brashard now in we're at 20. Assuming we keep Collins at DT

DT - Leonard Taylor
CB - Jason Marshall (if not Marshall, Markevious Brown)
QB - Garcia, Milroe or Braxton or possibly a transfer guy later in the year
OT - go all out for Tate, if not him, possibly a transfer guy later in the year
ATH - Yul or Chase Smith (whichever gets in first)

CB - Divaad Wilson if there is any extra spot from not taking an OT or from dropping Collins
we have 4 spots left.... Jarrid Williams took 1 spot for this year

my guess is

DT Taylor
CB Marshall or Markevious Brown
RB Daniels /Yulkeith
best Available: Sapp/Chase Smith or Davis

I
we have 4 spots left.... Jarrid Williams took 1 spot for this year

my guess is

DT Taylor
CB Marshall or Markevious Brown
RB Daniels /Yulkeith
best Available: Sapp/Chase Smith or Davis

Everyone is forgetting Davis

Everyone is forgetting Davis

Speaking of forgetting recruits, there's been very little mention of Alexis for a while now. Is he a lost cause and locked into Texas or is there still hope?

What happens if Brooks and/or Alexis want in and we get no relief on the hard 25 limit?

Advertisement
Back