6 spots left who takes them

Advertisement
Thanks for the clip @Kansas Cane yeah Foster looks the real deal. I would put a flyer out, maybe he’s the GT we look at to be a stop gap until TVD is ready to roll?

Garcia not coming to Miami and I’m okay with not getting a QB this class. I disagree with the notion that you have to get a QB every class.

if we have 6 spots left and the 5 below commit that’s an excellent close. There are other top names supposedly interested and I have no idea who they are which would make the Pick for the Final 6th spot even more interesting.

1.WR Brashard
2.WR Brooks
3.DT Taylor
4.CB Marshall
5. ATH Chase

LB Lewis* (currently not being recruited looks like the odd man out if Chase commIts)

OG Tate (no idea if he’s even considering decommitting from Clemson... unlikely at the point)

DE Sapp (committed to Florida but Miami is supposedly a threat)

DB Brown (doesn’t seem like he’s trying to commit anywhere any time soon so we won’t have room for him by the time he does)

ATH Yulkeith (no room, Smith is the priority over him)

RB Daniels (no room for two RBs this class)

DE Davis ( depends on who else may want in)

Garcia not coming to Miami and I’m okay with not getting a QB this class. I disagree with the notion that you have to get a QB every class.

if we have 6 spots left and the 5 below commit that’s an excellent close. There are other top names supposedly interested and I have no idea who they are which would make the Pick for the Final 6th spot even more interesting.

1.WR Brashard
2.WR Brooks
3.DT Taylor
4.CB Marshall
5. ATH Chase

LB Lewis* (currently not being recruited looks like the odd man out if Chase commIts)

OG Tate (no idea if he’s even considering decommitting from Clemson... unlikely at the point)

DB Brown (doesn’t seem like he’s trying to commit anywhere any time soon so we won’t have room for him by the time he does)

Would be a perfect close ... Brown has been talking about an imminent decision, but seems to have backed off that recently.

Advertisement

1.WR Brashard
2.WR Brooks
3.DT Taylor
4.CB Marshall
5. ATH Chase

hard to disagree but give me Yulk over Chase.

My dream six
1. Brock V - I get that it’s unlikely
2. LT - need the tears
3. Marshall - a kid can dream right
4.Brooks - need the tears
5.Brashard - need the speed
6. Davis or Sapp - i‘D take Davis instead of waiting for Sapp to head up to Bama. Plus it keeps him from FSPoo

I never thought all that was serious in the first place

What's the worry? 95% of the time a true freshman isnt starting. Yes, you have Trevor Lawrence and Tua. But even Tua wasn't the starter for most of the season. So assume the QB gets a redshirt. So now we are talking about a 2021 QB you don't see until 2022. So as an alternative you get a 2020 4 or 5 star QB looking to transfer. He sits out a year, then competes in 2022. What have you really lost in that transaction? I just don't think this is a critical year for Miami to get a QB. If a top dude, great. If not, we own the portal.

What's the worry? 95% of the time a true freshman isnt starting. Yes, you have Trevor Lawrence and Tua. But even Tua wasn't the starter for most of the season. So assume the QB gets a redshirt. So now we are talking about a 2021 QB you don't see until 2022. So as an alternative you get a 2020 4 or 5 star QB looking to transfer. He sits out a year, then competes in 2022. What have you really lost in that transaction? I just don't think this is a critical year for Miami to get a QB. If a top dude, great. If not, we own the portal.

No, I’m saying I never thought he was realistic at Miami. I always thought he’d stick.

Advertisement
No, I’m saying I never thought he was realistic at Miami. I always thought he’d stick.

The kid loves USC. At least for now. And I think he was an Enos target. Personally I put the odds of Stone signing much higher than Garcia given that SMU is going from a power spread to a traditional Air Raid and the OC has never called plays. Dad being a SMU donor is a big deal, but he knows Lashlee well so I think Miami is the only program outside of SMU that has even the slightest chance. Plus you never know if Stone grows some balls and doesn't want his life path to always be directed by daddy's money.

Advertisement

tua nearly transferred. Fields did transfer. nowadays many elite level QBs aren't redshirting

tua nearly transferred. Fields did transfer. nowadays many elite level QBs aren't redshirting

That may be true, yet you don't see teams starting a brand new freshman QB every single season. TVD would probably be the starter if King hadn't transferred. So barring another transfer, he is likely is the QB for 2021 2022 2023. The other way I could see it possibly play out is if Perry surprises everyone. He's been pretty low key lately and is ideal for the power spread. So you get Perry as a RS Senior in 2021 (btw good to have an experienced QB against Bama), then TVD 2022, 2023, and possibly 2024.

Advertisement
Any 2021 class without a quarterback is a huge concern even with all the talent we’re talking about. It can be a grad transfer quarterback. But we need one desperately.

After King leaves all we have are two guys that couldn’t beat out Jarren Williams and a new guy we are hopeful about but is still unproven in TVD. Does anyone really believe that Perry, the guy who couldn’t get it done in either 2019 or 2018 is suddenly going to lead us to the ACCCG and BCS playoffs? How about Martell, someone I initially was a huge fan of, but can’t seem to throw accurately even in non-contact practice? Matocha is a glorified PWO.

If Garcia isn’t the guy, let’s find a rental from the portal. Save a space for him.

Does anyone really believe that Perry, The guy who couldn’t get it done in either 2019 or 2018 is suddenly going to get it all together?

Yes, I honestly think he can. I was as critical as anyone when he was sticking it to the kicker's girlfriend. But he wasn't being a problem when Williams was QB. He went into Miami running a 4.85, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 4.7s now. He's got the skills to be an excellent power spread QB. In 2018, VT had the 13th ranked defense (total D) and he went into Blacksburg and had an effective and efficient game; 61% accuracy with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. That was in Richts horrendous offense. Enos's offense was just as bad. So he CAN be a quality starter. If he was coming out of HS right now and committed, we'd be doing cartwheels because of how well he'd fit in Lashlee's offense.

Yes, I honestly think he can. I was as critical as anyone when he was sticking it to the kicker's girlfriend. But he wasn't being a problem when Williams was QB. He went into Miami running a 4.85, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the low 4.7s now. He's got the skills to be an excellent power spread QB. In 2018, VT had the 13th ranked defense (total D) and he went into Blacksburg and had an effective and efficient game; 61% accuracy with 2 TDs and 0 INTs. That was in Richts horrendous offense. Enos's offense was just as bad. So he CAN be a quality starter. If he was coming out of HS right now and committed, we'd be doing cartwheels because of how well he'd fit in Lashlee's offense.
My problem is that his sideline to sideline accuracy is horrendous. If it’s not straight down the field then he’ll have problems hitting his target and idk if it’ll ever be good enough to start.

As a general fan who just enjoys the Canes, this is how I would proceed from here:

Marshall, Taylor, Collier if they all want in over the next two weeks.
See if you can get Sapp, Brooks or any other top SFla guy in the next few months.
Take a higher end QB at any point..
See where we are at in a few months. We would probably only be at 23 or 24 at that time.
Bring in Lewis if he is not having any issues over the next few months.
M Brown not planning to make decision until closer to signing day. Take him if there is still a spot.
Y Brown or Daniels if a spot still avail.

Also, it is certainly possible that there won’t be a 25 max this year.

Advertisement
Back