6 spots left who takes them

Advertisement
Well, now we know why @IndayArtHauz was asking if Brooks was the surprise commit on Wed. Seemed like out of nowhere then. Still, if we're getting another totally unexpected local 5* who's committed elsewhere, I'm hoping for Tate. We've got some pretty good WR options if Brooks goes to Bama. Not so many elite alternatives for Tate.
Just because Cribby knows something doesn’t mean I do. Other posters have brought up brooks too, I called myself a lunatic afterward.

I’m the one who told him a couple weeks ago lol. He was one of the five stars I was hinting at in some of my posts. Btw Williams and Taylor wasn’t included
@Cribby a lot of people thought you were blowin smoke before, but your word has become gospel. To think we have a shot at multiple 5* is crazy to me. Coming off the season we just had. We were hoping for a top 20 recruiting finish a few months back. From what you're hinting at we have a shot @ top 5. Things have turned from desperation to greed real quick around here.

Advertisement
What if all 13 of these guys want to commit but we only have 6 spots left still counting Savion in the class. The first 6 listed are definitely getting those last 6 spots but imo we gotta get the next 3 on the list (7-9) plus one more to make it 10.

1.Taylor (DT)
2.Marshall (CB)
3.Brooks (WR)
4.Lewis (OLB)
5.Garcia (QB)
6.Sapp (DE)
7.Tate (OG)
8.Brown (CB)
9.Chase (OLB)
10. Brashard (WR)

11.Yulkeith (ATH)
12.Daniels (RB)
13.Davis (DE)

The board seems to want Brashard more than Yul and Daniels if you had to pick so I’m good with that. Thomas Davis odd man out as well. But who are the four currently committed do we let go to get the extra space? My choice would be Curtis, Haye, Burns, and Hammett.

3 stars committed according to 247:

1. Rodriguez (C)
2. Tyler (OLB))
3. Hammett (OLB)
4. Brantley (TE)
5. Burns jr (CB)
6. Haye (DT)
7. Troutman (ILB)
8. Curtis (ATH)
9. Borregales (K)

Last edited:
What if all 13 of these guys want to commit but we only have 6 spots left still counting Savion in the class. The first 6 listed are definitely getting those last 6 spots but imo we gotta get the next 3 on the list (7-9) plus one more to make it 10.

1.Taylor (DT)
2.Marshall (CB)
3.Brooks (WR)
4.Lewis (OLB)
5.Garcia (QB)
6.Sapp (DE)
7.Tate (OG)
8.Brown (CB)
9.Chase (OLB)
10. Brashard (WR)

11.Yulkeith (ATH)
12.Daniels (RB)*
13.Davis (DE)

The board seems to want Brashard more than Yul and Daniels if you had to pick so I’m good with that. Thomas Davis odd man out as well. But who are the four currently committed do we let go to get the extra space? My choice would be Curtis, Haye, Burns, and Hammett.

1. Rodriguez (C)
2. Tyler (OLB))
3. Hammett (OLB)
4. Brantley (TE)
5. Burns jr (CB)
6. Haye (DT)
7. Troutman (ILB)
8. Curtis (ATH)
9. Borregales (K)

*after further deliberation I would keep Burns jr. If we dont take Lewis then keep Hammett. Leaving just Curtis and Haye on the chopping block with Brashard and Daniels as takes as well.

Ill just say we’re at the table with a few , Taylor not included.

Okay, okay guys. We can think through this.

"A few" means > 1. So there's 2 or 3 others we are at the table for, not including Taylor or Williams...
We know Marshall is one. Lewis, Brooks, and Tate may be others in that order I'd guess. Apparently interesting things are also happening behind the scenes with some QBs?

That's already more than I can handle. If we finish even a 1/3 as good as this, my god....

Advertisement
Okay, okay guys. We can think through this.

"A few" means > 1. So there's 2 or 3 others we are at the table for, not including Taylor or Williams...
We know Marshall is one. Lewis, Brooks, and Tate may be others in that order I'd guess. Apparently interesting things are also happening behind the scenes with some QBs?

I've been trying to parse @Cribby words very carefully. He really didn't comment on how many of the 5* were out of state, but he also said Lewis wasn't a priority at this point in the Lewis thread. Assuming all the 5* were local, that would then mean a priority of Brooks, Tate and then Lewis. However, factoring in the QB rumblings, I'm guessing the priorities would be Brooks, mystery QB, Tate, Lewis. Part of this is just me hoping Tate has some interest. To date, there's no evidence to support my hope/wishes materializing with him.

If OOS 5* are included, all this parsing and speculating is thrown out the window. LOL

I've been trying to parse @Cribby words very carefully. He really didn't comment on how many of the 5* were out of state, but he also said Lewis wasn't a priority at this point in the Lewis thread. Assuming all the 5* were local, that would then mean a priority of Brooks, Tate and then Lewis. However, factoring in the QB rumblings, I'm guessing the priorities would be Brooks, mystery QB, Tate, Lewis. Part of this is just me hoping Tate has some interest. To date, there's no evidence to support my hope/wishes materializing with him.

If OOS 5* are included, all this parsing and speculating is thrown out the window. LOL

On Lewis I was told a resounding “ NO” a few months ago and until I hear different that’s what I’m rolling with. Could it have changed since then ? Sure, but that’s what I know. The same with Collins , I was told the staff was moving on, I posted that . Then Collins cane our abs said he hadn’t talked to the staff in months. Now manny says they’re patching it up, have I heard that ? No but that info is a coupe months old too.

The only things I post with certainty is what I’ve been told , if I don’t speak in deviates it’s just a feel or opinion. If I have no clue I say that as well. I said Davis wouldn’t be pushed out because they love him that much , but if sapp wants in it could cause a problem for him. Hence why I say he should pop sooner than his original date.

Last edited:
and since we're dreaming, I've seen two rumors/rumblings about OOS QBs.

Stone and Vandagriff. After looking at the hudl for both, am I the only one that prefers Stone? Not that I'm turning either one away if they want in. @Liberty City El was pretty emphatic that we had no shot w/Stone because of his father, but he started to wobble late in the week. Stone and Lashlee make a ton of sense other than Stone's family ties to SMU.

Advertisement
Highly doubt Brooks comes here, BUT if he does who gets left out? I really can’t see us dropping a WR and IMO B Smith has a spot if he wants it. He’s that good.
No drop candidates, as Savion is now trending to stay in the class. With Brooks, we close like this:

QB Garcia
WR Brashard
WR Brooks
DT Taylor
CB Marshall

ATH Chase (if we have 25, rumors say we do)

1.Taylor (DT)
2.Marshall (CB)
3.Brooks (WR)
4.Lewis (OLB)
5.Garcia (QB)
6.Sapp (DE)
7.Tate (OG)
8.Brown (CB)
9.Chase (OLB)
10. Brashard (WR)

11.Yulkeith (ATH)
12.Daniels (RB)
13.Davis (DE)

1. Rodriguez (C)
2. Tyler (OLB))
3. Hammett (OLB)
4. Brantley (TE)
5. Burns jr (CB)
6. Haye (DT)
7. Troutman (ILB)
8. Curtis (ATH)
9. Borregales (K)
You don't drop anyone.... loyalty is the name of the game when you're rebuilding....besides rankings can be and usually are skewed....think 3* Rousseau vs 4* Harley.

Garcia is not coming to Miami. At least not in 2021.

there’s a new QB from TAMu in the portal today. Idk anything about him- got 2 years eligibility. Maybe @Liberty City El does

Advertisement
Garcia is not coming to Miami. At least not in 2021.

there’s a new QB from TAMu in the portal today. Idk anything about him- got 2 years eligibility. Maybe @Liberty City El does
I remember Foster when he committed to Missouri. Mizzou fans thought he was the second coming of Brad Smith. They are still hurt by his decommit.

If we have 6 spots left this is who id like to get

1. Taylor
2. Marshall
3. B. Smith
4. C. Smith
5. Sapp
6. Amari Daniels or Brown

As far as a QB you keep pursuing Garcia until he tells you no or shuts it down which he has neither done. Theyll find a way to make the numbers work if they have too.

Advertisement
Back