Who will set the tone?

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Last year, Miami had two guys that set the tone on defense with explosive and physical play. One of them is at Hinds CC. The other one may not play on Saturday.

When Eddie Johnson and Deon Bush were out last year, the defense had a completely different personality (see Virginia). Somebody needs to step up and match Florida's physicality. Who will it be?

Advertisement
I wanna a big time sack and fumble by one of our pass rushers like a McCord or AQM. Something that gives us great field position and some ,much needed early momentum

Figs plays with a ton of energy and aggression. Shame he's a freshmans because it's tough to rely on a freshmans to set the tone. But if he gets out there and makes a few big plays he could energize the team. A guy like Scaryman, as dangerous a hitter as he is, could also set the tone. He seems to be showing a little more emotion out there this year too, which is nice to see.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a guy like Armbrister lay someone out. That guy has gotten huge and is playing much better.

Scaryman could wind up ejected.

Advertisement
If we are going to win I think it has to come from being physical up front collectively.

I don't know if I can pinpoint one guy as it looks like the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We don't necessarily have a do-it-yourself guy on the line but guys should feed off of each other.

If we do that up front it allow guys like DP, Bush (hopefully) Kacy, Rashawn, Figs to let loose. Maybe force Driskell into some bad passes.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a guy like Armbrister lay someone out. That guy has gotten huge and is playing much better.

Scaryman could wind up ejected.

I get the feeling we will see at least one ejection in this game. The emotions are going to be sky high.

Advertisement
If we are going to win I think it has to come from being physical up front collectively.

I don't know if I can pinpoint one guy as it looks like the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We don't necessarily have a do-it-yourself guy on the line but guys should feed off of each other.

If we do that up front it allow guys like DP, Bush (hopefully) Kacy, Rashawn, Figs to let loose. Maybe force Driskell into some bad passes.

D1ckskull is sloppy with the football in the pocket. Would love to see a strip or two. And if that big low-eared goof takes off, I expect Scaryman to unload on him. Scaryman is short enough and explosive enough that he just seems to appear out of nowhere sometimes. Just ax Bobby Eveld.

Duke houses the opening kickoff......

They're going to angle kicks away from him. Would love to see us pull what Booby Bowel did to us back in the 80s on an early kickoff when they threw a lateral pass all the way across the field and Dexter Mr. D. Farter caught it and went up the sideline completely untouched for about 100 yards. I know we'll never do it because I've never seen anyone do it since then, but that **** would light the place up.

Advertisement

D1ckskull is sloppy with the football in the pocket. Would love to see a strip or two. And if that big low-eared goof takes off, I expect Scaryman to unload on him. Scaryman is short enough and explosive enough that he just seems to appear out of nowhere sometimes. Just ax Bobby Eveld.

I think an INT by Perryman is in the cards. Collapse the pocket and secure the edge and let Driskell make his own mistakes trying to force it to Burton.

Just hope he catches it this time.

Kacy Rodgers showed more emotion than anyone on the team against FAU. I'm expecting something big out of him. He's this year's Golden special turnaround senior.

Advertisement
Dallas Crawford is our best special teamer. Perhaps he or Fentress or Clements will decapitate a kickoff returner at some point and get the crowd going.

Perryman and then maybe Figs.

My sleeper is Chick. Guy is a diehard legacy who no doubt has dreamed about this day since he was a little kid. I would love to see Chick play like he did in the UnderArmor Game and get the game ball.

artie burns... i wanna see that kid on kickoffs...

I can see someone on special teams setting the tone a la Robert Bailey.

Figueroa and Burns are perfect candidates.

Dallas Crawford is the guy most likely to blow someone up on kick coverage. Burns, however, runs down there at a million miles per hour. If he happens to hit someone at that speed it will be vile.

Advertisement
Back