5 Star LB Marcell Brooks enters the Portal

I used to get triggered b/c it’s like did u not read the original post? But I just laugh now. I rather these discussions v. what was taking place prior
Original post on this thread is a discussion of the kid hitting the portal...

Make your own thread about your personal feelings on how portal kids are QUITTERS, and possibly effect depth charts.

Advertisement
alot of guys you named started games for us. I dont see the problem?. Delaney, Hill, Boulware, Nnoruka etc. Kennedy was a bust and Martin i dont know who else was.

They did; which is where my problem lie.

Original post on this thread is a discussion of the kid hitting the portal...

Make your own thread about your personal feelings on how portal kids are QUITTERS, and possibly effect depth charts.

Comprehension is fundamental. If that’s what u got from the post, then blood I can’t help u.

Then why are teams that are consistently competing for NY6, Tier 1, and CFP bowl games not in this position?
OU is filling holes in the portal every season **** near, including QB and OL multiple times. Of course Bama and UGA who are recruiting better than everyone each year don’t have to.

OSU plugged with a QB and OL last year as well.

LSU with a QB.

UGA with a QB this year.

Schools are using the portal and will continue to for top players at important positions. When the one time transfer rule goes into effect it’ll be used even more.

OU is filling holes in the portal every season **** near, including QB and OL multiple times. Of course Bama and UGA who are recruiting better than everyone each year don’t have to.

OSU plugged with a QB and OL last year as well.

LSU with a QB.

UGA with a QB this year.

Schools are using the portal and will continue to for top players at important positions. When the one time transfer rule goes into effect it’ll be used even more.

So, as I mentioned that everyone continues to gloss over; I don’t want a team FULL of portal guys. Taking King was a no brainer b/c clearly our issue was at QB.

Advertisement
So, as I mentioned that everyone continues to gloss over; I don’t want a team FULL of portal guys. Taking King was a no brainer b/c clearly our issue was at QB.
But who has a team FULL of portal guys? We filled holes at a few key positions, that top schools are filling at each year. QB, OL and EDGE.

Coaches taking over programs with roster holes are using this to their advantage. It’s here to stay.

alot of guys you named started games for us. I dont see the problem?. Delaney, Hill, Boulware, Nnoruka etc. Kennedy was a bust and Martin i dont know who else was.

All weak.

Delaney went from a 4th round draft grade to not mentioned at all.
Boulware? Weak.
George? Bust.
Nnoruka? Weak
Martell? Living that pink eye life
Asa Martin? On the FBI Missing Persons List
Hill? Lotta bark, very little bite
Phillips? Had to get Rochè to cover our @$$es just in case (TBD)

We haven’t had the best of fortunes. But hopefully the new crop, which on paper does look better than previous acquisitions, will change our fortunes w our rendezvous w/ the portal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All weak.

Delaney went from a 4th round draft grade to not mentioned at all.
Boulware? Weak.
George? Bust.
Nnoruka? Weak
Martell? Living that pink eye life
Asa Martin? On the FBI Missing Persons List
Hill? Lotta bark, very little bite
Phillips? Had to get Rochè to cover our @$$es just in case (TBD)

We haven’t had the best of fortunes. But hopefully the new crop, which on paper does look better than previous acquisitions, will change our fortunes w our rendezvous w/ the portal.
woah, Phillips was recovering from being hit by a car and breaking his wrist. That ain’t fair. You ain’t turning down a first rounder when a guy who could be a first rounder but hasn’t played in 2 years.

woah, Phillips was recovering from being hit by a car and breaking his wrist. That ain’t fair. You ain’t turning down a first rounder when a guy who could be a first rounder but hasn’t played in 2 years.

Which is y I said we needed an insurance policy (TBD). Fact is, we don’t know.

I don't know when Limptard quit. But anyone who admits to dreaming of gator dyck while he was still technically a Cane is garbage to me. I hate him now though.

Look, Relly. I'm not trying to apply logic to being a fan. I openly admit I love Canes and hate other teams and their players. If you quit another place to come here then you're a Cane, and I welcome you with love. If you quit here to go somewhere else, then you're the enemy, and I don't have any affection for you.

I'm not sure why guys feel the need to keep everything even Steven and call Canes fans hypocrites for hating guys who quit here and liking guys who come here.

Bro " limptard" Chise post of the day LMAO

I agree; I just want to get to a point where we don’t have to rely on the portal. I yearn for those days. I well know we’ve had guys transfer here back in the day from other schools, but it was limited. I don’t like being known as portal kings, and I don’t want to be known as 2nd Chance U. I want our players to be developed, where kids are clamoring to come to us at NSD, not after the fact like some sloppy seconds.
I feel your pain brother.

Advertisement
Our portal gets have not been great at all

The portal guys hit rate have been just as a good as the freshman recruiting hit rate.. Osborn hill Phillips and bolden are solid to great players and make up 50% of the guys we got in 2019 this year we didn't reach in the portal and got a starting QB DE K and a future starting freshmen tackle that we were recruiting and two of the players are considered early ALL CONFERENCE players, what's the issue? Use every advantage to add talent. People must've forgot that Gerald Willis was a transfer and that paid off for us.

We took 4 guys this year man.. all who are starters and one is a freshman. Last year we may have overdid it but a team FULL of transfers is a stretch we're on par with most other schools this year

We took 4 guys this year man.. all who are starters and one is a freshman. Last year we may have overdid it but a team FULL of transfers is a stretch we're on par with most other schools this year

Bro, my point is recruit better, develop better so our reliance on the portal is limited.

1-2 players for immediate need, OK; but every name that pops up shouldn’t have a thread as a “must get.” We have sucked the life outta the portal w/ limited results and player’s draft profiles have actually gotten worst coming here.

Guys looking for greener pastures I’m cool off of, period. Of course there’s some exception to rules, but when u’re hovering on getting 5 said players every year??? Come on; that is a team full of players when ur starters are 22 players. Thats 22% of the playing time. 13-13 is what we’ve gotten over the last 2 yrs w/ these “immediate fixes” along w/ one draft pick; while others didn’t see the field at all. We should not be “Portal Kings.”

Advertisement
The portal guys hit rate have been just as a good as the freshman recruiting hit rate.. Osborn hill Phillips and bolden are solid to great players and make up 50% of the guys we got in 2019 this year we didn't reach in the portal and got a starting QB DE K and a future starting freshmen tackle that we were recruiting and two of the players are considered early ALL CONFERENCE players, what's the issue? Use every advantage to add talent. People must've forgot that Gerald Willis was a transfer and that paid off for us.

Osborne, Bolden.

Phillips is an unknown and u’re solely basing that off what he did in high school. Which is y we picked up Rochè as an insurance Policy.

Hill was a cancer; a locker room problem. Hill was more bark than bite, hence he went from a 3rd round draft grade to not being drafted at all.

Gerald Willis had some productive games, but apparently he, too, was a locker room cancer, and despite his “production” did not get drafted.

Do you see the theme here? Do u see why I said getting such players sets a bad culture?

Jeff Thomas is technically a portal guy, labeled cancer.

Tate Martell, supposed to be the QB savior; locker room problem. Not attending meetings and going MIA where his mama had to go to IG.

Tommy Kennedy - M.

Chigozie Nnoruka-pushed to bench warmer

Asa Martin-thought he was coming in to be in the two deep, and once he found out he had to work, transferred again.

George Brown (The “beast” from LSU)-took up space forever.

I mean we’ve had way more bad that good. Take the O&G glasses off.

Brooks will end up back in the Dallas area (TCU, SMU) or staying at LSU.

Jeff Thomas is technically a portal guy, labeled cancer.
Come on, man. You're reaching with this one. He played at Miami for his entire career. Yes, entered the portal, but not a portal guy.
Phillips is an unknown and u’re solely basing that off what he did in high school. Which is y we picked up Rochè as an insurance Policy.
Actually was very productive as a frosh. Injury concerns are the big thing. Roche isn't an insurance policy, he was literally the most talented EDGE guy in the portal. A conf DPOY.
Tate Martell, supposed to be the QB savior; locker room problem. Not attending meetings and going MIA where his mama had to go to IG.
LOL. Some of y'all bought into this but I have zero idea why. People hyped off of garbage time highlights against Rutgers made zero sense.
George Brown (The “beast” from LSU)-took up space forever.
People (including myself) said this kid wasn't good from jump.

I don't know how Willis and Hill weren't hits. Willis got some AA love from different publications, and Hill was a rotational DE.

Nnoruka wasn't brought in to be a star. He was basically supposed to be a rotational DT/depth, but fine with calling that a miss.

So Martell, Brown, Nnoruka, Kennedy and Asa Martin definitely look bad.

Only Martell and Nnoruka can even be attributed to this staff.

This year we have King, Williams and Roche. Which of those guys would you not want to have going into the season? We have to plug big holes at those positions, and it usually doesn't involve bringing in a freshman to do so at QB or on either side of the line.

Advertisement
Back