5 Star LB Marcell Brooks enters the Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
He puts his name into the transfer portal the same day that Moise states he is not coming to Miami? :unsure: Haha jk
With Moise out do we have another spot for a transfer? Would look for a CB or maybe a WR who can come in and be an impact player.

Advertisement
Isn't there a downside to continuously taking transfers? Wouldn't recruits be turned off by starting spots being taken year after year?
Just thinking off my head.. what y'all think?

Isn't there a downside to continuously taking transfers? Wouldn't recruits be turned off by starting spots being taken year after year?
We mainly take transfers at positions we’ve struggled at or had nothing but unknowns competing for starting spots (punter, WR, OL, S, DE, QB). If that scares off a recruit we shouldn’t want him.

You would have a point if we had dudes coming in just as talented but we don’t. He would easily be the most talented backer since Ray Ray probably.

Advertisement
We mainly take transfers at positions we’ve struggled at or had nothing but unknowns competing for starting spots (punter, WR, S, DE, QB). If that scares off a recruit we shouldn’t want him.

You would have a point if we had dudes coming in just as talented but we don’t. He would easily be the most talented backer since Ray Ray probably.

So with recent recruiting success would you say we're done with transfers at DE and S for the foreseeable future? Mayb WR too?
Just want to see the coaches give our kids a chance to develop. More transfers is less playing time is what I'm thinkin

So with recent recruiting success would you say we're done with transfers at DE and S for the foreseeable future? Mayb WR too?
Just want to see the coaches give our kids a chance to develop. More transfers is less playing time is what I'm thinkin
Because we’re actually deep there. I’m not going that far with WR but I expect more transfers at OL and QB instead of any other position UNLESS the subject is an elite prospect like Quincy Roche.

Advertisement
Well we lose Rousseau (almost a given) and Roche after this year. What two guys do we have after them that make you certain we don’t need help at DE next year? If we don’t see younger DL step up this year in the rotation we better hit the portal next year.

Ya’ll are funny, man.

So I had to hear ya’ll call Brian Hightower a quitter for going to the portal; u called Cager a quitter and that he’s dead to us for going to the portal, yet u’re so quick to embrace any and every player that hits the portal.

I for one don’t want a team full of portal guys. Grad transfers, I’m OK w, but guys who can’t put in the work to beat out ppl in front of them? Naw, I’m good. Sets a bad culture. Sends a bad message to the kids that actually committed here to play, as well.

Advertisement
Back