5 Star LB Marcell Brooks enters the Portal

Ya’ll are funny, man.

So I had to hear ya’ll call Brian Hightower a quitter for going to the portal; u called Cager a quitter and that he’s dead to us for going to the portal, yet u’re so quick to embrace any and every player that hits the portal.

I for one don’t want a team full of portal guys. Grad transfers, I’m OK w, but guys who can’t put in the work to beat out ppl in front of them? Naw, I’m good. Sets a bad culture. Sends a bad message to the kids that actually committed here to play, as well.
This dude played last year even though he didn’t have the weight. I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t apply to this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These the kind of battle we have the most successful with

but who knows
What could manny and baker sell him
4 years of Shaq under manny was 4 the round pick

These the kind of battle we have the most successful with

but who knows
What could manny and baker sell him
4 years of Shaq under manny was 4 the round pick
If by some strange chance he was to land here he would for sure play striker for us. He played a lot of DB in high school and had plus cover skills all while still being able to hold up as a linebacker. Would let us play mccloud, brooks and himself all at once. With that being said, close the thread

Advertisement
Isn't there a downside to continuously taking transfers? Wouldn't recruits be turned off by starting spots being taken year after year?
Just thinking off my head.. what y'all think?

Miami has to find an edge to compete. If it becomes the destination of top players that want to showcase skills for a year and enjoy the S Fl sunshine, you take advantage of that. Oklahoma hasn't had issues landing 5 star QBs despite starting transfer QBs 3 years in a row.

He puts his name into the transfer portal the same day that Moise states he is not coming to Miami? :unsure: Haha jk
2020 - Solar Eclipse on the summer solstice: Chaos, CV, COVID & George Floyd has a knee on his neck for 8:46.
2001 - Solar Eclipse on the summer solstice: Chaos, Anthrax, Ebola & World Trade Center North Tower hit at 8:46.
🤔😷

Well we lose Rousseau (almost a given) and Roche after this year. What two guys do we have after them that make you certain we don’t need help at DE next year? If we don’t see younger DL step up this year in the rotation we better hit the portal next year.

Well opposite of Jaelan I like Harvey as starters by next year, and I would think two of Cam, Quentin, Chantz or Blissett can step up for depth. That's why we recruited them right? I think they all have pretty high upside but if we keep adding transfers they'll see less and less of the field. Imo we should focus on developing the talent we already have.

Advertisement
Ya’ll are funny, man.

So I had to hear ya’ll call Brian Hightower a quitter for going to the portal; u called Cager a quitter and that he’s dead to us for going to the portal, yet u’re so quick to embrace any and every player that hits the portal.

I for one don’t want a team full of portal guys. Grad transfers, I’m OK w, but guys who can’t put in the work to beat out ppl in front of them? Naw, I’m good. Sets a bad culture. Sends a bad message to the kids that actually committed here to play, as well.

So we should tell King to kick rocks?

Advertisement
Flower Mound, it's near Lewisville just outside of North Dallas.

He went to the same HS that 2021 QB Garrett Nussmeier (who's committed to LSU) goes to.
I still have friends and fam in Lewisville and Flower Mound. Didn't know he was a local kid.

This dude played last year even though he didn’t have the weight. I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t apply to this kid.

Did he play or did he start? How’s the depth chart? What’s the reason he’s leaving? Was he called a derogatory term? Home sick? I don’t recall him having any meaningful snaps at LSU, so I’m just wondering what’s the reason behind him leaving the program.

Advertisement
Back