5* DE Micah Parson decommits from PSU

Advertisement
Don't understand the appeal with the fückeyes...lost to Penn state and didn't even win their division..got shut out by Clemson.

everyone saying Micah is all Ohio taint..why? I mean I hate PEd state also but at least they took care of business..makes no sense.

Using that logic ,what is the appeal to us? We lost to FSU, VT,UNC and Norte Dame and did not even win our division

Are you ****ing serious? Can't figure this out, but us having the #1 class makes perfect sense.

Maybe it's my deep hatred for O$U... in Micah's situation it doesn't make sense (at least to me) flipping from PED State to Ohihoe..especially after the team he was commited too just had a better season while beating the team he might now commit too...

again, it could be my deep hatred for the fückeyes

I'm with you on the hate, but like it or not osu is a big time program with one of the best coaches in college football. They pull monster classes every year so it shouldn't be surprising that top kids want to go there. Also I'm far from sold on that guy at psu, I have my doubts that he can duplicate last season's success.

Although it's a place that doesn't have any appeal to us, the Midwest, Ohio Valley and western Pennsylvania areas the kids have huge admiration for the taint.

To a kid from Harrisburg, that would be like staying near home. Miami will win with South Florida kids. The key is to keep them home and coaches like Meyer and Saban out of South Florida. They've been poaching the best kids for years now.

Btw, Harrisburg is a very urban city. For that reason, I can't see Micah going anywhere other than Ohio State which is urban as well. When he committed to PSU, i said last year he wouldn't stick. They were just the first offer.

Yeah they have led for a while. I think someone said he's interested in Miami though. In an interview a month back or so he named miami along with 5 other schools that he was interested in and was goign to try and visit

You say they've led for a while but yet he's been committed to Penn St. lol

Have you even followed his recruitment? It was known months ago that he was would be decommitting

Yeah they have led for a while. I think someone said he's interested in Miami though. In an interview a month back or so he named miami along with 5 other schools that he was interested in and was goign to try and visit

Have you even followed his recruitment? It was known months ago that he was would be decommitting

I was just joking... But to answer your question, no. I've not seen his name on here so I haven't followed. I don't scour through other teams sites, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't understand the appeal with the fückeyes...lost to Penn state and didn't even win their division..got shut out by Clemson.

everyone saying Micah is all Ohio taint..why? I mean I hate PEd state also but at least they took care of business..makes no sense.
dude been all about ohio state for awhile. Its a rich program with an elite HC and elite defensive line coach.

Ummm not really sure what makes lj sr an elite dl coach...

Larry Johnson Sr knows his stuff and is a helluva of a recruiter. An saying this takes nothing away from Coach Kool, by recognizing another quality coach. Now the head coaches he chooses to works for are a different story Joe Pa was shameful in the way he ended his career trying to divert attention away from what he let happen. An Urban meyer might as well have been running a pitbull & parole reality show with subtitled from Gainesville to Columbus or bust.Go

So in the end Johnson can coach he just has shady judgement off the field.

Go Canes

His son and I are very good friends. I've been having football conversations with him for years although I agree he is a good coach & his football knowledge is elite I'm hesitant to understand what makes him an elite coach. Only way for me to achieve that status is if you semi routinely produce elite talent. Especially elite talent from a mish mosh of a beginning product. Kool for me is that example. His track record leaves no question. It is just arguing semantics however. He is a **** good coach who loves what he's doing & relates well with his players...

This why I don't think we finish with the top class. Might not even finish top 5. We just aren't going to get many 5* players. Just facts man.
Doesn't mean the guys we're getting aren't better than guys rated ahead of them and ****, but it just isn't likely we finished ranked 1st.

Might not even finish Top 5?

What a joke

You dont gotta like it but it is possible. Ohio St, Clemson, and Bama are almost locks to finish top 5.
Then we're probably gunna end up being right there with FSU, Michigan, and maybe even PSU.
Its most likely we finish top5, and we will be deserving of it with the studs we have, but dont be surprised if we dont

This why I don't think we finish with the top class. Might not even finish top 5. We just aren't going to get many 5* players. Just facts man.
Doesn't mean the guys we're getting aren't better than guys rated ahead of them and ****, but it just isn't likely we finished ranked 1st.

What a joke

You dont gotta like it but it is possible. Ohio St, Clemson, and Bama are almost locks to finish top 5.
Then we're probably gunna end up being right there with FSU, Michigan, and maybe even PSU.
Its most likely we finish top5, and we will be deserving of it with the studs we have, but dont be surprised if we dont

Agree on all of the teams u mentioned and probably LSU as well, I think we need up in the 6-8 range, which is sill awesome. Now just need to try and win some games with our schedule. I expect a very good record, and who knows, possibly a NY6 bowl game. This might help seal the deal with some new recruits as well as bot losing any of our committed ones.

What a joke

clemson is signing a small class.. I think like 17 max... if we are signing 25 then we should finish ahead of them. Especially with guys remaining like

Blades
Trout
J. Davis
E. Moore
K. Austin
Reese
add in Scaife getting a bump from winning the rivals OL Camp in Miami

We could be adding as many as 4-5 more 4* before NSD and maybe 1 or 2 flips on that day.If we end up with 15 4* I don't think we finish out of the top 4.

Advertisement

What a joke

While I'd like to have the highest-ranked class, what counts is identifying and getting the right guys.

I'd be curious to see the rankings for our classes preceding the 2001 and 2002 seasons. Those were two of the most talented teams in college football history. Yet I don't think we brought in the highest-ranked class in any of the preceding years.

If we're top 10 in the "expert" rankings most years AND if we're getting a high % of the guys the staff wants, I think we're in good shape.

Are you ******* serious? Can't figure this out, but us having the #1 class makes perfect sense.

Maybe it's my deep hatred for O$U... in Micah's situation it doesn't make sense (at least to me) flipping from PED State to Ohihoe..especially after the team he was commited too just had a better season while beating the team he might now commit too...

again, it could be my deep hatred for the fückeyes

I'm with you on the hate, but like it or not osu is a big time program with one of the best coaches in college football. They pull monster classes every year so it shouldn't be surprising that top kids want to go there. Also I'm far from sold on that guy at psu, I have my doubts that he can duplicate last season's success.

Although it's a place that doesn't have any appeal to us, the Midwest, Ohio Valley and western Pennsylvania areas the kids have huge admiration for the taint.

To a kid from Harrisburg, that would be like staying near home. Miami will win with South Florida kids. The key is to keep them home and coaches like Meyer and Saban out of South Florida. They've been poaching the best kids for years now.

There's no way to keep them out, they've got very attractive products to sell and kids will listen. All we can do is convince enough of the right kids that we've got something better. Richt and Co. are doing a good job of that so far.

if you don't understand their appeal based on what you wrote then what is ours? They are getting like 20 guys drafted. I love miami but this is dumb.

Advertisement

What a joke

clemson is signing a small class.. I think like 17 max... if we are signing 25 then we should finish ahead of them. Especially with guys remaining like

Blades
Trout
J. Davis
E. Moore
K. Austin
Reese
add in Scaife getting a bump from winning the rivals OL Camp in Miami

We could be adding as many as 4-5 more 4* before NSD and maybe 1 or 2 flips on that day.If we end up with 15 4* I don't think we finish out of the top 4.

I get that. But at the end of the day I feel a lot of our commits will be under ranked. Now I'm not saying we won't be top 5, but the fact remains I doubt any of our guys will get a 5* ranking other than lingard, and I'd bet some other schools like tOSU get 3+.

I love our class, but as far as the rankings go, it's very unlikely we finish with the top class. And I can see us being like 6th or 7th

I was just joking... But to answer your question, no. I've not seen his name on here so I haven't followed. I don't scour through other teams sites, etc.

So in other words you have a life outside of this message board? What a concept!

Advertisement
Back