4th Quarter Program

I think both of you are slightly off on this. If I saw and heard correctly Mallory made 2 mistakes in the coaches eyes.

There was a cone Mallory touched accidently (that was a detailed he missed). Coach also didn't think Mallory finished the drill hard enough.

I think coach was saying there is no excuse not to give your full effort at all times. Details understandably may be missed but can be corrected.
"we can overcome details with effort, that is the whole key, overcome details with effort". Like I said, there is only so much to take from the clip without context, but that is pretty clear. and while I know financials aren't the same as February workouts, it just stood out as a strange way to phrase whatever he was trying to say. I don't disagree that he seems to want more effort, though.

Advertisement
"we can overcome details with effort, that is the whole key, overcome details with effort". Like I said, there is only so much to take from the clip without context, but that is pretty clear. and while I know financials aren't the same as February workouts, it just stood out as a strange way to phrase whatever he was trying to say. I don't disagree that he seems to want more effort, though.
I agree with you that I have never heard that before. I think it's just another way of saying ,"If you're going to make a mistake, do it going a hundred miles per hour."

Advertisement
I hope the new staff is providing the players with plenty of high quality H2O and other hydration products. Miami’s hydration practices under Manny were a joke. Richt even had his wife in charge of hydration instead of a professional (worse than having his sun as QB coach).

8BF4E332-1EED-4602-85B3-D77BBED714D7.gif

I take it to mean over thinking what it is you’re trying to do. Giving max effort means instincts start to kick in.

But maybe I’m over thinking it 🤔

Advertisement
I hope the new staff is providing the players with plenty of high quality H2O and other hydration products. Miami’s hydration practices under Manny were a joke. Richt even had his wife in charge of hydration instead of a professional (worse than having his sun as QB coach).

Tide McFlurrys.

Richt's wife was just hanging out. Did the same at UGA. She wasn't in charge of anything.

Advertisement
Had to get that million dollars he donated, back somehow... whether thru son or wife's salary, it didn't matter.
Donation was a good tax write off though...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back