46 years old and tired

Advertisement
I literally went fishing all day Saturday, didn't watch any of UNC until we got back to grab a bite to eat and saw the ending.
That’s the way dude. I’m done planning my Saturdays around this. I used to turn down events, parties and **** when an invitation coincided with a Canes game. Now I record it if I’ve got somewhere else to be. This isn’t like we are just having a bad year any more or 1 bad hire and need to power through 3 tough years. It’s been forever and the powers in place that can change course don’t have the will, let alone the competency to do so.

I’m 62 and thankful to be in the OB stands whipping the Gators I think it was 38-3. I remember looking around the OB and thinking what just happened in these 1st 15 minutes. It was awesome. The OB use to actually sway. Taking a pee after a few beers you felt like you were on a boat. For the last 20 years the Canes have been terrible. We no longer have season tickets nor do we fly our Canes flag. Canes on TV no longer appointment TV. I have a diehard Canes fan friend 81 who has not missed a home game in 30 years and is associated with the BOT. He told me yesterday Blake has no leadership skills and Manny needs new Coaches and he could survive. I remember 6-7 years ago he said the BOT would be happy with 8 win seasons. The BOT has a defeatist mentality and don’t feel we can compete with the big boys. So there you have it. Absolutely depressing and sucks the big one. I’ve been checking this f———— board everyday-hoping beta Manny fired. Also basketball and baseball.

Advertisement
Long time cane first time posting. Expect to catch ****. Just a little about myself, I played tight end in college at Jacksonville state university. And yes, was going crazy when my boys beat FSU’s a$$. We recruit four and five star talent. Why, Because they know how to play football. Football at any level is still football. A good coach puts that talent where it thrives. That’s what a good coach and staff does. No matter at what level you are at, that’s what happens. I had really high hopes for the current coaching staff.but, things are not working.
I’m not a coach. But, I know when everything is clicking as a team, you roll. It’s almost like a runners high, you can’t be stopped. Just need that staff that give the players that shot in the arm. They asked **** vermeil one time, why are you so successful. He said, I hire great coaches, not friends.
As a former TE, what are your thoughts on Mallory?

here is the main thing that ****es me off and should **** everyone else off too .... think of all the players that came to UM in the last 20 years and had their college football careers ****ed on and wasted by worthless corching.
worst then that think of all the $ ticket holders spend these last 20 years to watch this product : at least the kids got an education :

I’m 62 and thankful to be in the OB stands whipping the Gators I think it was 38-3. I remember looking around the OB and thinking what just happened in these 1st 15 minutes. It was awesome. The OB use to actually sway. Taking a pee after a few beers you felt like you were on a boat. For the last 20 years the Canes have been terrible. We no longer have season tickets nor do we fly our Canes flag. Canes on TV no longer appointment TV. I have a diehard Canes fan friend 81 who has not missed a home game in 30 years and is associated with the BOT. He told me yesterday Blake has no leadership skills and Manny needs new Coaches and he could survive. I remember 6-7 years ago he said the BOT would be happy with 8 win seasons. The BOT has a defeatist mentality and don’t feel we can compete with the big boys. So there you have it. Absolutely depressing and sucks the big one. I’ve been checking this f———— board everyday-hoping beta Manny fired. Also basketball and baseball.
This BOT is worthless, they have a **** of a lot more going for them today, then the BOT members who save football backed in the late 70's early 80's: its not about the Benjamins, its about hiring the right folks leading the way.

Advertisement
48. I remember every championship, and was in the stadium for 1. When I lived in Atlanta, I’d come down for home games every week. I’ve traveled to bowl games. And I’m about done. If Miami pulls another “Miami” coaching hire I will be done. It’s getting increasingly easy to skip going to the games, and recording instead of watching live. What’s the point? Who are we loyal to? Nobody who should give a shlt does, so why should we?

Also.. I have 6 and 3 year old sons. I will not pass this mess down to them.

Advertisement
Wow nobody below 30 in this thread. We are an aging fanbase. The young bucks are too busy watching Jackson Mahomes dance like a wingless fairy.

At the Michigan State game I saw a young gal (maybe 25 or so) wearing an Orange & Green shirt that read, "I just want both teams to have fun."

Its not an accident that the globohomo elites are using our own children and grandchildren to take away our wealth and freedom.

I've been in hundred of stadiums. The only comparison to the OB is Death Valley at night. The OB was magical. Don't care if they ran out of water midway thru 2nd quarter, bathrooms were horrible, that was a special place. Part of all Cane fans died upon its destruction.

Long time cane first time posting. Expect to catch ****. Just a little about myself, I played tight end in college at Jacksonville state university. And yes, was going crazy when my boys beat FSU’s a$$. We recruit four and five star talent. Why, Because they know how to play football. Football at any level is still football. A good coach puts that talent where it thrives. That’s what a good coach and staff does. No matter at what level you are at, that’s what happens. I had really high hopes for the current coaching staff.but, things are not working.
I’m not a coach. But, I know when everything is clicking as a team, you roll. It’s almost like a runners high, you can’t be stopped. Just need that staff that give the players that shot in the arm. They asked **** vermeil one time, why are you so successful. He said, I hire great coaches, not friends.

Frank Thomas told me to tell you to try Nugenix...

iu

Advertisement
I'm 51and would of been proud to have you as a father @Unsider..... so keep breathing!

It's really disappointing to be at the National Championship in 2002, 20 years ago, and then to be irrelevant all these years since.

We are not a bloodline university, thats why we needed people who care about athletics, but academics rule and they suck at that, too! LOL

I've been down wit the U since 1988!!
I could have fathered you all posting so far, but I’ll keep breathing to see a NC before I go.

48. I remember every championship, and was in the stadium for 1. When I lived in Atlanta, I’d come down for home games every week. I’ve traveled to bowl games. And I’m about done. If Miami pulls another “Miami” coaching hire I will be done. It’s getting increasingly easy to skip going to the games, and recording instead of watching live. What’s the point? Who are we loyal to? Nobody who should give a shlt does, so why should we?

Also.. I have 6 and 3 year old sons. I will not pass this mess down to them.
My Firefighter brother, I agree with everything.^^^^

Advertisement
Back