46 years old and tired

Long time cane first time posting. Expect to catch ****. Just a little about myself, I played tight end in college at Jacksonville state university. And yes, was going crazy when my boys beat FSU’s a$$. We recruit four and five star talent. Why, Because they know how to play football. Football at any level is still football. A good coach puts that talent where it thrives. That’s what a good coach and staff does. No matter at what level you are at, that’s what happens. I had really high hopes for the current coaching staff.but, things are not working.
I’m not a coach. But, I know when everything is clicking as a team, you roll. It’s almost like a runners high, you can’t be stopped. Just need that staff that give the players that shot in the arm. They asked **** vermeil one time, why are you so successful. He said, I hire great coaches, not friends.
I'm 67 and played in the NAIA, played for good coaches and staffs at every stop. Agree about football - guys get after it or they don't as a group; the coach establishes that attitude, tweaks it, owns it and holds everyone else to it. Players buy-in and hold each other to it - you fight and fight and never give up, and the wins come. So, I agree with the things you mentioned (did before you were born, ha ha!). Task-masters win as coaches.

It's not rocket science, but it seems Miami will always find a way to make it more complicated. And of course the administration is still smarting from how the egg heads were portrayed on 30 for 30.

And I still apologize to my three sons for making them Dolphin fans before they could chose on their own. I fear I'm going to have to start about the Canes soon for two of them.

Advertisement
Been riding with the Canes since 85 even though Im from NY. All NY on everything else and can't even count on that now with the Giants, Yankees (at least they use to be automatic) and Mets. My Knicks may just prove last year was no fluke but been there before with Melo and another with Marbury of one good season followed up by disaster. I keep telling myself they not going to f*ck up the next hire because we Miami and all our tradition means the standards is high so just anybody won't get hired and then I'm playing Russian Roulette because I'm at a loss we keep hiring first time or little unknowns like we Western Michigan or something. So numb to the program now that Im almost expecting them to mess up after Manny too. ****!

Another bad hire or lack of hire for that matter, I am completely done following U football... waste my energy, emotions and $$ on a team/management that cares to put up a good product on the field/court....

Thank goodness for the Heat.... an example of an organization striving for excellence every year.
The Heat have singlehandedly kept me interested in sports. I look forward to our showdown with the Bucks on Thursday.

If I'm already home, I'll watch the football game otherwise its tape delay. No more bbq's and making sure I'm close by. I just do other things with my Saturdays and Sundays now.

Advertisement
Between the Canes and the Phins, I don’t think I’ve ever been this disinterested/disheartened about a football season. I’m too old for this **** and it’s getting easier to not give a ***.
I thought both the canes and fins were gna have really good seasons coming off last yr. This have been a nightmare...3-9 combined so far. 0 excitement for Saturdays and Sundays this fball season...

44. Been a fan since 9 years old. Man, there were some good times. I remember opening up the sports section of the news paper during school to look at the polls and try to figure out how UM was going to climb into a national title if they werent up there already. SMH. I dont think i have had thoughts of a realistic national title since 2005 when we went into Blacksburg in the all white and got the W over Marcus Vick. G Tech ended that and I haven’t expected one since.

I think apathy towards the football program might become our greatest weapon. As long we're complaining, they know we care.

Advertisement
Same here!!
Gym 5 days a week
I do cardio 3x week
I eat 5 balanced healthy meals a day ( 6-8 oz of chicken, turkey, or fish) lots of greens and little carbs and good fat each day.
Stay positive, don’t drink much alcohol anymore, Just on certain occasions.
Stay away from all illegalities, LOL.

And have a great relationship with my wife, who is my best friend!

Last edited:
40 here. After 16 years of the Army and the last 20 years of the canes I feel 80.

Im Tired Eric Swalwell GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back