4-star RB McIntosh wins 7-on-7 title at the Opening Finals, talks UM

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Out at the Opening Finals, University School (FL) 4-star RB Kenny McIntosh was an instrumental part in leading Team Overdrive to the 7-on-7 Championship title, catching double digit balls out of the backfield and ripping off chunk runs. After raising the trophy on stage with his teammates, McIntosh explained that he never had a doubt this moment would come.

“It felt great, man,” McIntosh said. “I already told them since we got here that Overdrive was going to take it all the way, but they didn’t want to believe me since we lost two games the first day. You know, we were just getting the feel of everybody.”

McIntosh had a great week overall, standing out in a crowd of top talent in Frisco, and was a CIS top performer in two out of the three days we were there.

“I think I could do better because I dropped one out there, that’s really not me,” McIntosh said. “But, overall, I think I did really good for my team. From a running back standpoint, I think I did a really good job, carrying the ball and stuff like that.”

There’s been one team that McIntosh has always been tied to recruiting wise, and that’s the Miami Hurricanes. Things are as strong as ever between the parties and UM’s close proximity to home is a key factor in McIntosh’s interest.

“You know, I’m always loving the Canes,” McIntosh said. “It’s 30 minutes from my house and I’m always going to want to make the crib great.”

The U. School star has built a long-lasting connection with offensive coordinator/RB coach Thomas Brown and could team with current UM RB commit Marcus Crowley to make a dynamite combination in Coral Gables. Although Brown has given him no indication that running back recruiting would stop if he committed, McIntosh does believe he is a priority to the UM staff and talks with Brown and head coach Mark Richt often.

“Thomas Brown, I love how he treats me as a player, how he’s going to make me a better player, how he’s going to use me in the offense and different situations, and how he breaks everything down to me,” McIntosh said.

As a legacy recruit to Miami, McIntosh has plenty of family ties pulling him towards Coral Gables. His brother, RJ McIntosh, just completed a fantastic career with UM as a star defensive tackle and was drafted in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft in April. The younger McIntosh gave his thoughts on that, and is ready to see RJ make the family name proud.

“My boy in the league, made my momma happy,” McIntosh said. “I just hope he goes out there and balls, shows everyone what we’re truly made of, the McIntoshs.”

For his own career path, McIntosh understands he has one of the most important choices he’ll ever make coming up soon. He anticipates choosing a school after he’s done with his visits.

“I really want to make it once I get done with my visits,” McIntosh said. “Once I get done with my visits, talk to God, then I’ll make the best decision of my life. But that will be after all my visits.”

While he’s been to Miami many times, McIntosh plans on returning again this summer. Another school he wants to see before he makes a decision is Oklahoma and McIntosh is deciding between heading down to Norman and visiting Coral Gables for Paradise Camp the same weekend.

“I love being at Miami, I’m going to be there soon actually,” McIntosh said. “I might be going to Paradise Camp, but I’m not too sure because I might be down at OU. I still haven’t been able to see OU yet. I’ve got to see how I can work that out.”

Notre Dame was a previous favorite of McIntosh’s, however, he says he won’t be giving the Fighting Irish a visit and they won’t be involved in his recruitment going forward.

“I’m not interested in Notre Dame anymore like that,” McIntosh said. “I haven’t visited them in a long time.”

And what will he be looking for in a school when he is ready to make that choice?

“Just playing early, a coach that’s going to make me better as a running back and that’s going to prepare me for the league,” McIntosh said. “A coach that can sit me down in meetings, so when I go to the NFL, I know how to go on the board and show what I’ve learned and my favorite plays.”

Attachments

• 4314475216_IMG_0444.JPG
    4314475216_IMG_0444.JPG
    902 KB · Views: 57
Advertisement
The kid just talks like a Cane and a future commit. So it's basically us vs OU. I still feel great about our chances but OU has been the hot school this summer.

Advertisement
Ppl talk about him running at slow 40 time, BUT it seems like every event he competes in (7 on 7), he balls out!! This kid is MiamiU caliber, he's a stud ATH that's all that matters..

"Future Cane"

Advertisement
When you see McIntosh in person, you realize: (1) how naturally big he is; and (2) how smooth he is.

He can make good players miss in space and catches the ball like a wide receiver. Just very coordinated and confident in everything he does. He's been making plays on both sides of the ball since his 8th grade year. I still like him on defense, but he can contribute right away on offense.

When you see McIntosh in person, you realize: (1) how naturally big he is; and (2) how smooth he is.

He can make good players miss in space and catches the ball like a wide receiver. Just very coordinated and confident in everything he does. He's been making plays on both sides of the ball since his 8th grade year. I still like him on defense, but he can contribute right away on offense.

This comparison has probably been made but he reminds me of LeVeon Bell from a style standpoint. Big guy with great fluidity and ball skills but lacks break away speed.

But what if Sanders wants in?

Where did you hear this rumor about Crowley?!?! From the "Scoop?" That guy hasn't been on the board for over a week and none of his nonsense happened. Unless there is a better source for your information, I'd disregard.
**** lol I guess some people took the scoop seriously

Advertisement
Where did you hear this rumor about Crowley?!?! From the "Scoop?" That guy hasn't been on the board for over a week and none of his nonsense happened. Unless there is a better source for your information, I'd disregard.

Fair enough. Bu i sttill think having 6 rbs is unlikely.

Even if he doesn’t come to the Paradise thing and instead goes to Oklahoma’s event .... I still think we are the favorite to land him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ppl talk about him running at slow 40 time, BUT it seems like every event he competes in (7 on 7), he balls out!! This kid is MiamiU caliber, he's a stud ATH that's all that matters..

"Future Cane"

When some said Michael Irvin had a slow 40 around draft time, one of his responses was ... watch my d—n tape (meaning he had more than enough game speed to get it done).

James Wilder situation. Was a good College RB, but couldve/ should've been an elite LB.

I have no problem w Kenny playing RB, and he is a must in this class, but man, he's leaving a lot of bread on the table by not embracing the LB spot.

Advertisement
Back