4-star OT Neal on UM: "It's almost one of those perfect fits to be honest"

View as article
Bama is concerned about his weight. They don’t believe he can loose much more weight. If they get Darnell Wright they aren’t expected to heavily go after Neal.
That’s a fake insider you are listening to on bama 247, regardless we got work to do with everyone one of our top targets. If we didn’t they would already be committed

Their top insider lilsym or something like that who is generally right says he’s a take but won’t leave Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s a fake insider you are listening to on bama 247, regardless we got work to do with everyone one of our top targets. If we didn’t they would already be committed
Maybe but it makes sense. Wright would be their 4th tackle commit and they aren’t taking 5.

Got to get the talent in, darling was good as a freshman but he never took the next step and was routinely beat. McDermott had too many lapses as well. Bottom line I still expect to see some progression from the rest of the group. Darling was the worst lineman at Miami the last 2 years and he’s gone

Searls can't coach bruh...it's just that simple. He is average at best.

I don't understand why Richt would even hire the guy after he ditched him for Texas

Searles should be terminated if we miss on Neal. His recruiting is the only reason he's hanging on right now IMO, because his coaching is worse than Kehoes at this point. Simply unacceptable.

Advertisement
The fact that he's not committed plus that trip that Mom took to Tuscaloosa all by herself really has me thinking on this one.

I know he said his Mom wants him at Miami, but what could that trip possibly have been about, other than the obvious? I have been following recruiting intently for decades and have never seen a prospect's parent take an out of state trip alone without the kid. Not that I can remember.

One of the Bama boards has both Neal and Wright as top targets - they are only taking one. It seems like Neal is the preferred recruit right now. Wright is supposedly going to their Champions BBQ on 7/28 - Neal is not attending for the same reason he gave us about Paradise. It looks like they will take Wright if he commits first but I think they are going hard after Neal right now. Both have given no firm date for a commitment although Neal has indicated he may be an EE. This is going to be interesting for us.

One of the Bama boards has both Neal and Wright as top targets - they are only taking one. It seems like Neal is the preferred recruit right now. Wright is supposedly going to their Champions BBQ on 7/28 - Neal is not attending for the same reason he gave us about Paradise. It looks like they will take Wright if he commits first but I think they are going hard after Neal right now. Both have given no firm date for a commitment although Neal has indicated he may be an EE. This is going to be interesting for us.

This is all well and good but really is unnecessary. If Wright and Neal both want in, Bama will take both. Period. Nick Saban is not telling Evan Neal, who may very well be the best OT prospect in this class, to kick rocks if Neal calls him and wants to commit. No matter who else they have committed.

Advertisement
Yea we can’t miss out on Neal. Family ties. Opportunity to play early. Been on him and probably his leader from the jump. From our own backyard where we don’t usually have offensive tackles this good. Missing on him is unacceptable

I will say this tho. It’s weird that all this info is coming out. Neal is one of the most quiet recruits there is. Not much gets out from his camp. I wouldn’t read too much into anything that’s out there.

Anybody ever find out why his mom recently went to Tuscaloosa by herself (without just claiming bags)? What was that about?

Advertisement
Yea we can’t miss out on Neal. Family ties. Opportunity to play early. Been on him and probably his leader from the jump. From our own backyard where we don’t usually have offensive tackles this good. Missing on him is unacceptable
He has family that has played for every school in the big 3 but most of his family including him grew up big canes fans. I think we will win out eventually but more work has to be done which is the same for the rest of our top targets left

Neal already told us in that interview that Miami was making it hard on him. He is favoring Bama, and we are the perfect situation for him, if he can get over his front running mindset!

Advertisement
Most likely Dax hill the safety

Advertisement
Back