4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits

Between him and Shemar idk who sends the most mixed signals. One moment these recruits want to see how our season plays out and if we win, next moment previous W-L isn’t a determining factor and that’s why they have FSU in their top 5. But I’m trusting Coach Aristide with this one. I feel he can close it out.

Hope I'm wrong but just feels like this kid will pick anywhere but Miami.

I would be shocked to see Bissainthe here. Shocked. Whenever local kids get squirrelly with Miami like this, it usually doesnt end well. What's he waiting for?

Also, it's Miami Central. Our history with that school aint what you call "smooth". There are several local schools like that, where i think it pays to side eye a little.

But ultimately, he wont make or break this class. I think the coaches feel the same way, they obviously want him but it seems like with the way they ignored the portal and shunned plan B kids like Lathan, Graham, Allen, etc, they dont feel LB is a pressing need. They'll take the top tier talents for sure but they arent gonna be pressing if the A tier goes elsewhere (Bissainthe, Tolan, Jackson).

Spitballing here, but maybe this signifies a change in philosophy where both OLBs are eventually replaced by striker or nickel types in our defense. I'm excited to see our defense evolve to this if true.

Advertisement
Only the fanbase is panicking about LBs this cycle. The coaches seem just fine with LBs the way they are. They didnt panic with trying to bring in a portal guy, they dont seem to be panicking with HS kids either. They seemed to have turned down plan B kids like Graham and Lathan, even after missing out on Tolan, and with Jackson and BIssainthe being flaky.

Coaches may be ok with Medlock and BIssainthe as the potential 2nd LB. Maybe they see what i see, we're gonna infuse LBs with FOUR new kids even without Bissainthe in Smith, Johnson, Troutman and Medlock. We'll go 8-10 deep barring attrition for 2 spots.
As long as Brandon Jennings and Flagg are in the material playing-time discussion, my LB threat meter shall remain at DEFCON-2. Those two played a lot of snaps last year and posted modest tackle numbers. We just need much more success at that level of the defense.

Patke and Manny should have sold the farm for a strong Sam or Mike this past offseason. I think we remain in that position for next year at LB. If I’m wrong, which is often, we should have a solid football team when we line up against ‘Bama. However, I think Bama’s run game beats us firmly due to our LB play.

Oh well, it’s going to be fun to watch them lineup and try to take it to the Champs. Go CANES!

Our linebacker recruiters haven't been that good. When u see a guy like TRob take over the db room everyone comes. That's all that it tells u about the people responsible for linebacker recruiting.

That and you've got all the bigs after a kid like him and they produce at the spot.

No disrespect to our guys, but who's the last guy we produced at the position?

We haven't done much since Shannon was the head coach and even then it wasn't much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hear ya but at some point Manny got to take over and land the lb studs since that's his position. He's gotta take the lead and land those guys and have the position guys assist that recruiting
Never a good sign when a HC, who specializes in a specific position, can’t recruit that position at a high level. It’s mind boggling. I can’t help but wonder if it’s the system rather Manny.

Never a good sign when a HC, who specializes in a specific position, can’t recruit that position at a high level. It’s mind boggling. I can’t help but wonder if it’s the system rather Manny.
You have to think that it’s a major factor. Kids aren’t stupid. They realize which position group is featured in the defense.

The production of Lbs isn’t there and neither has draft success.

We need someone to step up and change the narrative.

Last edited:
Sorry chip but FSU isnt righting anything in the next couple years. Those recruits in their class now are at best 2 years from fully seeing
the field and making an impact.

If he wants to see how we do on the field then the same should hold true for FSU.

Im still in the realm of you see us land a couple more big recruits and this kid will want to jump on board

Yes this! but also realize that although we realize this to be correct the kid might think the opposite. Oh recruiting

That's enough for me to be patient one more year. I hate, hate, hate the recruiting and projections coming out of that position group. Honestly haven't liked them since the 2016 Shaq Pinckney and McCloud class, and Manny didn't recruit those three.

To clarify, I've like most of the individual players taken with a few exceptions. But it's like taking Ivey and Blades but missing out on Campbell, Surtain and Samuel. Ivey and Blades are Miami level athletes. But you need the #1s too. That's happened every single class at LB for 5 straight classes.

Regarding Bissainthe, what is he waiting for at this point? I wouldn't count on him in this class in any way. We should be out hunting more options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In this defense, LBs are not emphasized. The attacking d line leaves the LBs exposed to linemen making it to the second tier. That is making it tough to get top tier recruits to come here.
They would be emphasized if we recruited good linebackers. There were times Shaq and those guys looked good. I keep hearing they are not emphasized like it's some excuse for us to trot out jags. No excuse for the staff......go bring dogs that have first round qualities and u will see improvement. The reason we see this "they are not emphasized" excuse is cause we have basic *** guys in that spot that don't stick out.

Last edited:
They would be emphasized if we recruited good linebackers. There were times Shaq and those guys looked good. I keep hearing they are not emphasized like it's some excuse for us to trot out jags. No excuse for the staff......go bring dogs that have first round qualities and u will see improvement. The reason we see this "they are not emphasized" excuse is cause we have basic *** guys in that spot that don't stick out.

Facts. A great LB will show his true talent here at Miami. Shaq had 356 total tackles. Perryman would have eaten in this defense. We just haven't had the horses.

Advertisement
Back