4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits

Truly hard to put into proper context the opportunity that Miami has on Labor Day weekend.

We talk a lot on this board about “program changing” players. For good reason. They exist.

But 4 weeks from Saturday, we’ll take the field 60 minutes away from a truly program changing moment. I’m not saying the whole season is Bama or bust, I’m not saying we’ll win. But you just have to understand how close you really are to a legitimate program changer. These opportunities don’t come along every day. To actually seize this one is really hard to even comprehend for what it would do for the trajectory of the entire program.
Yeah, id rather they cancel it because of the Wuhan virus. More bad than good possible results.

Advertisement
Baker sucked and we didn’t have an elite recruiter as a cb coach.

When Manny was DC the scheme for cbs was not an issue.

Manny plays more man which dbs love.

Kids are smart. All you need to do is to watch the film and hear what Manny says about wanting the dline to attack to know the defense does not highlight Lbs.
I don’t think the scheme was an issue just saying it was one of the top narratives here of why we weren’t landing CBs which has been quickly forgotten by hiring elite DB recruiters.

An elite LB recruiter may quickly overcome that scheme narrative as well.

I don’t think the scheme was an issue just saying it was one of the top narratives here of why we weren’t landing CBs which has been quickly forgotten by hiring elite DB recruiters.

An elite LB recruiter may quickly overcome that scheme narrative as well.
Fair enough.

We should be able land some elite dline recruits based on the scheme and our two first round picks.

This kid wants too see results on the field, and rightfully so. Couldn't have been any clearer - read the interbiew. Straight up said he wanted to see Miami "put up a fight" against 'Bama. Acknowledged the 'Canes as underdogs but wants to see the 'Canes compete (paraphrase). Not everyone is an easy sell. I'll admit to looking at this kid kinda sideways, but in this interview he really shoots straight. He's not buying what we're selling with merely words. Can't blame him. Does seem to have a favorable slant toward us, but doesn't want to jump on the Titanic. If my son were in his position I'd advise him in a similar fashion.

This kid wants too see results on the field, and rightfully so. Couldn't have been any clearer - read the interbiew. Straight up said he wanted to see Miami "put up a fight" against 'Bama. Acknowledged the 'Canes as underdogs but wants to see the 'Canes compete (paraphrase). Not everyone is an easy sell. I'll admit to looking at this kid kinda sideways, but in this interview he really shoots straight. He's not buying what we're selling with merely words. Can't blame him. Does seem to have a favorable slant toward us, but doesn't want to jump on the Titanic. If my son were in his position I'd advise him in a similar fashion.
But is also interested heavily in FSU??

Advertisement
Baker sucked and we didn’t have an elite recruiter as a cb coach.

When Manny was DC the scheme for cbs was not an issue.

Manny plays more man which dbs love.

Kids are smart. All you need to do is to watch the film and hear what Manny says about wanting the dline to attack to know the defense does not highlight Lbs.
Wasn’t by much. Díaz loves that soft zone ****, too. Go watch the tape.

What's' up with your Boy Rumtke on the recruiting trail?? **** is straight loose bowels
Rumtke...

tenor (82).gif
tenor (83).gif

Advertisement
I hate we’re giving this kid the superstar treatment when in fact he’s not a game changing linebacker. And we all know he flipped the U. Wish Manny and crew would move on.

Penn State, WVU, and FSU are our competition. Those arent blue chip recruiting programs. If he was some rando player from Fresno or Cleveland, would we even care about him?

To me, he's a kid i wont lose sleep over. If he comes, great, if he doesnt, that's fine too. Personally i think he's playing the usual troll game with us. Which is fine, we're loaded at LB, we need DTs, DE, and safeties now.

Penn State, WVU, and FSU are our competition. Those arent blue chip recruiting programs. If he was some rando player from Fresno or Cleveland, would we even care about him?

To me, he's a kid i wont lose sleep over. If he comes, great, if he doesnt, that's fine too. Personally i think he's playing the usual troll game with us. Which is fine, we're loaded at LB, we need DTs, DE, and safeties now.
The problem with LB specifically is we may be " loaded " as you put it yet none of the LB's has really proven they could be counted on. We need a talent influx at the position to increase the odds of finding a couple difference makers.

Advertisement
This is what happens when you hitch your wagon to one or two kids….

LB recruiting is how CB recruiting has been the past 3/4 years…. Bad evaluations, hitching your wagon to one or two dudes and if you get screwed on either then your down to plans C/D recruits because of a failure to keep a wide board

I know Diaz brought in TWill who ultimately left for a DC job… but fuggg man you got Patke and Ish who both should be working the phones and contacts trying to find LBs

This is what happens when you hitch your wagon to one or two kids….

LB recruiting is how CB recruiting has been the past 3/4 years…. Bad evaluations, hitching your wagon to one or two dudes and if you get screwed on either then your down to plans C/D recruits because of a failure to keep a wide board

I know Diaz brought in TWill who ultimately left for a DC job… but fuggg man you got Patke and Ish who both should be working the phones and contacts trying to find LBs

Only the fanbase is panicking about LBs this cycle. The coaches seem just fine with LBs the way they are. They didnt panic with trying to bring in a portal guy, they dont seem to be panicking with HS kids either. They seemed to have turned down plan B kids like Graham and Lathan, even after missing out on Tolan, and with Jackson and BIssainthe being flaky.

Coaches may be ok with Medlock and BIssainthe as the potential 2nd LB. Maybe they see what i see, we're gonna infuse LBs with FOUR new kids even without Bissainthe in Smith, Johnson, Troutman and Medlock. We'll go 8-10 deep barring attrition for 2 spots.

Advertisement
Watch not what they say, watch what they do. For the last month plus, i’ve seen a kid trying find any reason not to stay home. I don’t think it’s the scheme as we all know, the striker is basically a backer that can cover ( a big safety) But it is strange we can’t seem to find elite backers

I’m going to assume Aristide is going to be the main piece with linebacker recruits. No way they shove a guy like that at striker and let Patke’s broke **** lead the charge.

Only the fanbase is panicking about LBs this cycle. The coaches seem just fine with LBs the way they are. They didnt panic with trying to bring in a portal guy, they dont seem to be panicking with HS kids either. They seemed to have turned down plan B kids like Graham and Lathan, even after missing out on Tolan, and with Jackson and BIssainthe being flaky.

Coaches may be ok with Medlock and BIssainthe as the potential 2nd LB. Maybe they see what i see, we're gonna infuse LBs with FOUR new kids even without Bissainthe in Smith, Johnson, Troutman and Medlock. We'll go 8-10 deep barring attrition for 2 spots.
They didn’t panic with Bubba baxa or Feagles either….

Sometimes coaches put TOO much trust in hoping players will just magically “get it” just like last year with Mccloud and Jennings

They didn’t panic with Bubba baxa or Feagles either….

Sometimes coaches put TOO much trust in hoping players will just magically “get it” just like last year with Mccloud and Jennings

We literally havent seen Smith, Troutman, Johnson or Medlock yet. You've already assumed they're ****e and now want us to cram even more bodies into the mix. :rolleyes:

Makes no sense at all, we've got 8-10 kids at a position that starts only two (not even including Bissainthe), with 4 that havent even stepped on the field as LBs, and you've got us on the phone lines begging for more kids.

Unless we get real attrition, our strategy should be to keep Medlock, leave a schollie for Wes if he wants in or another ELITE kid, and then move on to units that actually need the attention like DL and safety.

Advertisement
Back