4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits

But is also interested heavily in FSU??

Kid talked about wanting to win a Natty so I guess he'd leap at a Bama offer, but may not have one. Said he's projecting over the next 3-4 years - so to counter your thought it isn't out of the realm of possibility FSU could right the ship in a couple years. Also possible if we bottom out there could be a shakeup here in the next year or two. Whether you like his rationale or not, it's rational imo. Seems to like us, but waiting to see if Manny's for real. I think we all are. Also by waiting other options could open for him. Seems honest and at least isn't holding a spot while looking to leave us at the altar. That interview really gained my respect. Read it closely..or potshot. You do you.

Advertisement
We literally havent seen Smith, Troutman, Johnson or Medlock yet. You've already assumed they're ****e and now want us to cram even more bodies into the mix. :rolleyes:

Makes no sense at all, we've got 8-10 kids at a position that starts only two (not even including Bissainthe), with 4 that havent even stepped on the field as LBs, and you've got us on the phone lines begging for more kids.

Unless we get real attrition, our strategy should be to keep Medlock, leave a schollie for Wes if he wants in or another ELITE kid, and then move on to units that actually need the attention like DL and safety.
Now we’re moving the goal post… you initially were defending what we had on the team currently and how the staff was comfortable not taking a portal transfer….

If I’ve learned anything following this team they sometimes let things hit rock bottom before they finally make the change

Kid talked about wanting to win a Natty so I guess he'd leap at a Bama offer, but may not have one. Said he's projecting over the next 3-4 years - so to counter your thought it isn't out of the realm of possibility FSU could right the ship in a couple years. Also possible if we bottom out there could be a shakeup here in the next year or two. Whether you like his rationale or not, it's rational imo. Seems to like us, but waiting to see if Manny's for real. I think we all are. Also by waiting other options could open for him. Seems honest and at least isn't holding a spot while looking to leave us at the altar. That interview really gained my respect. Read it closely..or potshot. You do you.

Sorry chip but FSU isnt righting anything in the next couple years. Those recruits in their class now are at best 2 years from fully seeing
the field and making an impact.

If he wants to see how we do on the field then the same should hold true for FSU.

Im still in the realm of you see us land a couple more big recruits and this kid will want to jump on board

Last edited:
Advertisement
Truly hard to put into proper context the opportunity that Miami has on Labor Day weekend.

We talk a lot on this board about “program changing” players. For good reason. They exist.

But 4 weeks from Saturday, we’ll take the field 60 minutes away from a truly program changing moment. I’m not saying the whole season is Bama or bust, I’m not saying we’ll win. But you just have to understand how close you really are to a legitimate program changer. These opportunities don’t come along every day. To actually seize this one is really hard to even comprehend for what it would do for the trajectory of the entire program.

ALL OF THIS!

The coaches have to see and believe and let it transfer to the team.

A strong showing week 1 is a HUGE boost to EVERYONE’S career.

An actual win would be worth 10s, if not 100s, of millions of dollars to the staff and team as a whole. After that, build on the progress and continue winning the games you’re supposed to.

This team has to see the have a monumental, paradigm shifting, historic opportunity in front of them. DO NOT WASTE IT.

Gaby spoke with him this week. He's very guarded in what he says, you can tell by the way the comments are made. Here are some of the more notable comments:

“I spent a couple hours there at the pool party. It was a nice vibe with the coaches playing games. It was a nice vibe,” Bissainthe said.
Linebackers coach Jonathan Patke and strikers coach Ishmael Aristide gave the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder plenty of attention while on campus.

“The conversations were good. I call them, they ask me how practice went, who we play, how I think the season is going to go, stuff like that,” the backer said.

A decision isn’t expected to come anytime soon from one of Dade County’s top rising seniors. He’s eyeing Thanksgiving weekend as a timeframe to make a commitment.

“I don’t want to say I’m going to base my season on how the season goes because I’m not that type of guy. I feel like you can go change a program or you can go contribute to that program. It’s just me picking the school I want to go to and feel comfortable at,” Bissainthe said.

One thing the All-Dade defender wants to do soon is drop a top group of schools. It sounds like five could be the number he settles on.

Over the summer, Bissainthe took official visits to Miami, Penn State and West Virginia. Florida State is another school expected to get an official visit at some point this fall and he has one more that he could keep in his back pocket.

So , if he puts out a Top 5, we may see who that mystery 5th school is. It doesn't sound like it's UF.

Advertisement
Gaby spoke with him this week. He's very guarded in what he says, you can tell by the way the comments are made. Here are some of the more notable comments:

“I spent a couple hours there at the pool party. It was a nice vibe with the coaches playing games. It was a nice vibe,” Bissainthe said.
Linebackers coach Jonathan Patke and strikers coach Ishmael Aristide gave the 6-foot-1, 200-pounder plenty of attention while on campus.

“The conversations were good. I call them, they ask me how practice went, who we play, how I think the season is going to go, stuff like that,” the backer said.

A decision isn’t expected to come anytime soon from one of Dade County’s top rising seniors. He’s eyeing Thanksgiving weekend as a timeframe to make a commitment.

“I don’t want to say I’m going to base my season on how the season goes because I’m not that type of guy. I feel like you can go change a program or you can go contribute to that program. It’s just me picking the school I want to go to and feel comfortable at,” Bissainthe said.

One thing the All-Dade defender wants to do soon is drop a top group of schools. It sounds like five could be the number he settles on.

Over the summer, Bissainthe took official visits to Miami, Penn State and West Virginia. Florida State is another school expected to get an official visit at some point this fall and he has one more that he could keep in his back pocket.

So , if he puts out a Top 5, we may see who that mystery 5th school is. It doesn't sound like it's UF.
Between him and Shemar idk who sends the most mixed signals. One moment these recruits want to see how our season plays out and if we win, next moment previous W-L isn’t a determining factor and that’s why they have FSU in their top 5. But I’m trusting Coach Aristide with this one. I feel he can close it out.

Between him and Shemar idk who sends the most mixed signals. One moment these recruits want to see how our season plays out and if we win, next moment previous W-L isn’t a determining factor and that’s why they have FSU in their top 5. But I’m trusting Coach Aristide with this one. I feel he can close it out.
They both coming relax

They have to find a TRob for linebackers to land big fish. I still say UM but I'm kind of not as confident as I was before. I felt like 110% sure
I hear ya but at some point Manny got to take over and land the lb studs since that's his position. He's gotta take the lead and land those guys and have the position guys assist that recruiting

The staff is the ones who should be reading whats going on and if they have questions if i guy is coming it seems to me they have shown they are now ready to go out of the area and the state to find top talent so im not worried. Plus we got the portal we have been working really well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He hasn't chosen any school yet so everybody recruiting him waiting. Been 15 years since we made real noise so we lost our cherry picking status. We getting better recruits and....COACHES too and that will make a difference on the field and recruiting. I think if Williams hadn't got the DC job at UCF we would be in better shape with LB recruiting.

I hear ya but at some point Manny got to take over and land the lb studs since that's his position. He's gotta take the lead and land those guys and have the position guys assist that recruiting
He has never been good at that if u follow his career. Linebacker has been his weakness....hope that starts changing fast.

we can't complain about the level of recruits then get upset when we invest in higher level recruits ... those guys don't normally commit early for a reason, they got options ... that being said, we're starting a pedigree at defensive end so steward and kelly wouldn't shock me

Advertisement
Back