4-star DT commit Collins goes in-depth on pledge at UA Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Don’t agree with that at all..Duke wasn’t getting drafted no higher DP was limited in terms of how the nfl game is played today..problem is we overrated our talent and still do

NA.

So would you send your son there during the golden yrs? I wouldn't send mine and I love Miami to death. Why throw away your career when they cant get it together. Look at how many kids they had fall in the draft bc of there lack of coaching.
That wasn't at all the point I'm making. I'm saying kids say the same thing every year so what's the point of a thread on it? We know very well that kids are watching to see if it looks like we've gotten our sht together or not. If we do, we'll get more of them, if not we won't. And it'll be the same thing next year. And the year after that.

As long as we're underperforming, there will always be talented kids who say they're waiting to see how the season shakes out.

This kid and this quote was talked about extensively in another thread already. I thought he was straight up.

He’s the one who’s Mom wants UM but he sees the gaytor doing well and a bunch of his Palmetto teammates are committed there.

Who knows. Some kids mean this. And some kids say this but really have no intention of signing with UM regardless.

All we can do is win and then see what happens.
Yup, just like every other year.

I'll be honest here, I don't see the point in this thread. This is the exact thing that kids say and/or signal every year. They're willing to listen to Miami, but in order to sign they need to see that things are turning around.

Yes Sir! And here is your evidence to back you up. From one of the most sought after OL prospects in S. FL

It wouldn’t just influence a decision by me, it would influence the decision of all South Florida recruits, a lot of other players tell me the same thing,” Rodriguez said of what a big year on the field would mean for UM. “Once Miami’s back to where it should be, everybody’s going to start going there and staying in South Florida. They haven’t been winning lately, and once the winning happens, stuff will change.”

Advertisement
I have no doubt that other programs are more aggressive in their recruiting of him At this stage. That’s an aspect of what I have been yapping about on recruiting. It’s resources, plans, processes, priorities. Manny has not shown to be a particularly good recruiter. He’s more interested in showing up to close than laying the groundwork, imo.
They certainly doubled down on the whole “if you’re not with us you’re against us” talk as well.

Not ideal when you can’t beat FIU

So when should we pay attention the last day when everyone is signed to other teams?

wait till the season starts and kids are officially visiting. Follow the camps during the summer but don’t focus on the kids school choices.

if decommits and kids saying bad stuff about the U in March doesn’t work you up then by all means follow. But this 💩 used to stress me outso I stopped caring who decommits or commits until at least September

Advertisement
They certainly doubled down on the whole “if you’re not with us you’re against us” talk as well.

Not ideal when you can’t beat FIU
Yep. It’s the kind of bs you’re expect from someone who rolled out the turnover bauble, shows up in yachts and thinks he’s clever for crashing a rival school’s cosching clinic.

2021 Miami Palmetto (FL) 4-star DT Savion Collins has been committed to the Miami Hurricanes for nearly a year and a half at this point, but at the Under Armour Miami Camp this past weekend, Collins admitted UM's down season in 2019 has him questioning his pledge.

“My commitment’s not rocky, but things need to improve (at Miami),” Collins said. “It’s being hyped up, and I don’t get my results. And I know it’s not just me, other recruits have told me the same thing. It’s coming down to this season - I’m about to be a senior, time’s almost up for me, so I have to make a final decision.”

When asked if he could expand on what he meant by that, Collins had this to say.

“My relationship with them is not bad, they haven’t done anything bad to me,” Collins said of Miami. “I just have to make the best decision for me.”

Ultimately, can Collins see himself sticking with Miami if they show improvement in 2020?

“As long as I see things coming along this year, we should be good,” Collins said. “But they need to work on stuff. I’ve got to keep my options open, that’s all I’m going to say.”

The 6-4 290 pound prospect was last on campus in late January for Miami’s Junior Day event with his teammates and said he enjoyed his time in Coral Gables.

“It was cool, me and the team went, so it was a good bonding experience,” Collins said.

Collins mainly spoke with DL coach Todd Stroud on the trip, but indicated that he’s looking to hear more from his position coach day-to-day.

“Our relationship is okay. We don’t talk a lot, but it’s fine,” Collins said of Stroud.

As for other programs involved here, Collins points to UF, LSU, Georgia, and Auburn as schools he hears from regularly, and he recently is coming off a visit to Florida this past Friday as well. As for his next trip, Collins said he will likely be making a return visit to see the defending national champions again in April.

“Probably LSU, I know the rest of the team wanted to get up there,” Collins said. “I’ve seen them (last summer), they have a lot of good things going on up there. The coaches tell me it’s a good program, and that I can expect a lot of good things from them in the future too.”

Aside from winning on the field, what aspect of other schools will Collins be looking at that could potentially pull him away from his UM commitment?

“The relationship with me and the coaches, because that’s what I’m big on," Collins said. "Most colleges out there, the coach couldn’t care less about his players, so that’s not a place I want to go.”

On the field, Collins has kept his performance high and earned an invite to the UA All-America Game yesterday with a strong effort in the trenches against a solid group of offensive linemen.

"I dominated. I had to keep up with LT (Leonard Taylor)."

At the Opening Miami Regional last February, Collins recorded a 4.97 shuttle time and a 32.80 inch vertical leap.

Grown *** man. Would love him on board with Us.

I'd hate a job where I'm focused on teaching who's in front of me and having to talk to a kid every single day. I don't talk to my dang family that much it's ridiculous what the heck do you say every single day?
These kids are like that girl that needs to be told she's beautiful and how much you love her every 5 minutes. Unfortunately, if some other school starts chirping sweet nothings and you're not, your girl gets taken from you.

Advertisement
So I haven't followed Collins recruiting in a while and it had seemed a flip to Florida was only a matter of time, is he not a take for them?

So I haven't followed Collins recruiting in a while and it had seemed a flip to Florida was only a matter of time, is he not a take for them?

He’s been all but gone to most folks for awhile but it seems like the momentum has changed. Mom has been the biggest ally for us , she wants him home. UF could have kids higher on their board but as I’ve been posting for months something seems to soured with UF and Palmetto. And recent behavior by the kids shows there’s legitimacy to that.

He’s been all but gone to most folks for awhile but it seems like the momentum has changed. Mom has been the biggest ally for us , she wants him home. UF could have kids higher on their board but as I’ve been posting for months something seems to soured with UF and Palmetto. And recent behavior by the kids shows there’s legitimacy to that.
Thanks, I expected him to de-commit by now. Hope we can keep him kids athletic for an interior DL.

Advertisement
Taylor has legit interest in us, right? If that's the case, that has only got to help secure Collins both from a personal standpoint and a potential standpoint.

Love hearing that UF is being sniffed out for the slime they are. Getting Brashard in the boat would be Exhibit A that the tide is turning.

Do you think that could happen sooner rather than later?

Taylor has legit interest in us, right? If that's the case, that has only got to help secure Collins both from a personal standpoint and a potential standpoint.

Love hearing that UF is being sniffed out for the slime they are. Getting Brashard in the boat would be Exhibit A that the tide is turning.

Do you think that could happen sooner rather than later?

We’re very much in it for Taylor.

Advertisement
Back