4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Is Brown a take before Marshall goes public with a school? I've said before that I personally don't want Brown unless he balls this year. Maybe I should look at his sophomore hudl to get a better feel for what he can do. LCE says he's good so I'll take his word for it but I still have doubts. I'd rather try and flip O. Cooper from FSU to be honest or Kevin Knowles. I even like UF's CB Jordan Young. I'd even double back on McGhee and see if he's sure he wants to play for Tenn.

I know most of this board loves Brown. I just hope it's because y'all seen him play instead of his hudl or because he's a 4 star. I don't see it but I'd rather be wrong about him though.

I just watched his Jr hudl and I still don't see it. If we take him, cool. The staff has taken kids that I didn't agree with in the past and they will probably do so in the future as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
WR & maybe an elite Gunner/Returner.

Only thing about Curtis that worries me is we already have a similar prospect in Clarke coming in this year. Both played a lot of offense and not much film playing defense. We had Bethel who didn't pan out so we don't have a good track record of turning these types in legit Power 5 CBs. I lf one hits, we are good but if neither pan out we will need guys like Brown to step up.

Only thing about Curtis that worries me is we already have a similar prospect in Clarke coming in this year. Both played a lot of offense and not much film playing defense. We had Bethel who didn't pan out so we don't have a good track record of turning these types in legit Power 5 CBs. I lf one hits, we are good but if neither pan out we will need guys like Brown to step up.
Clarke reminds me so much of Corn Elder. I just hope the defensive lightbulb clicks sooner rather than later and he can get on the field ASAP.

Advertisement
One guy( bethel) doesn't make a track record but if clarke/curtis doesn't progress then we will revisit your post. But you almost have to take clarke/curtis because blades, ivey, williams, couch and dunson is it, now one of the 10 safeties might fill in but as of right now we don't know so we have to keep those 2 as of right now.

This guy is our hope to get a decent CB this class. Hopefully we end up talking to other CBs closer to signing day and get a flip like we did with Dunson. Gonna need two four star CBs to make up for Marshall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Rumph can’t land a dude from sofla who has 3 of his friends committed that he played with since he was hit then I Highly doubt he can pull a muck kid that is playing at img.

Is Brown a take before Marshall goes public with a school? I've said before that I personally don't want Brown unless he balls this year. Maybe I should look at his sophomore hudl to get a better feel for what he can do. LCE says he's good so I'll take his word for it but I still have doubts. I'd rather try and flip O. Cooper from FSU to be honest or Kevin Knowles. I even like UF's CB Jordan Young. I'd even double back on McGhee and see if he's sure he wants to play for Tenn.

I know most of this board loves Brown. I just hope it's because y'all seen him play instead of his hudl or because he's a 4 star. I don't see it but I'd rather be wrong about him though.

I just watched his Jr hudl and I still don't see it. If we take him, cool. The staff has taken kids that I didn't agree with in the past and they will probably do so in the future as well.

Advertisement
Back