4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
826FD668-F961-41AC-A080-C0DD361E6C4E.jpeg
Any news from any of the insiders as to when he may pop?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like a random WR coach/recruiting coordinator from buffalo, not really sure his relevance or SF ties.
That's coach McCann he was a college recruiting coordinator at St. Joe's HS in Buffalo & is the current AHC/WR's coach at Western NY Maritime school in Buffalo as well.

The connection to Markevious is through Coach Banks who's one of the DB coaches at IMG & a former VA Tech CB.
Which is why Markevious is considering Va Tech in the first place.

That's coach McCann he was a college recruiting coordinator at St. Joe's HS in Buffalo & is the current AHC/WR's coach at Western NY Maritime school in Buffalo as well.

The connection to Markevious is through Coach Banks who's one of the DB coaches at IMG & a former VA Tech CB.
So VTech then?

Advertisement

Thanks for the info brotha!

Man, I’m not feeling great about Coach McCann stroking him about commitment dreams if there is a VTech connections. I mean, VTech has been struggling a bit recruiting, and now they are beating us out for Pahokee kids?

Advertisement
Man, I’m not feeling great about Coach McCann stroking him about commitment dreams if there is a VTech connections. I mean, VTech has been struggling a bit recruiting, and now they are beating us out for Pahokee kids?
He has been a priority for VT through out while we had him in the back burner when we thought we had Marshall in the bag.Cant really blame the kid if he picks them.

He has been a priority for VT through out while we had him in the back burner when we thought we had Marshall in the bag.Cant really blame the kid if he picks them.

I believe we were going after Marshall and him. We wanted both in class

Advertisement
Rumph should be fired if he cannot close this recruitment. We're too close to the season, so you'd wait till the games are over. But this would be a ridiculous recruiting loss.
I mean all the losses together add up I hear ya...And I'm not defending Rumph. But when did we ever get a sense he was a lock? We've done so so at IMG, and overall despite getting a kid here and there, so so in the muck (and not as good FSU/UF), for instance.

Last edited:
I mean all the losses together add up I hear ya...And I'm not defending Rumph. But when did we ever get a sense he was a lock? We've done so so at IMG, and overall despite getting a kid here and there, so so in the muck (and not as good FSU/UF), for instance.
I never said he was a "lock" or ever was a "lock" or anything about it.

1) Our #1 position of need remaining in the class is CB, and it has been for quite some time;
2) Knowing that fact, it either is, or should have been, the #1 position of focus for recruitment;
3) Brown is from South Florida;
4) Brown's family wants him in-state;
5) Other major in-state programs are not recruiting him;
6) Bags are not in play here. Auburn is the only bag school recruiting him and they have other targets they'll need to spend on (see Ga'Quincy McKinstry)

This is a recruitment on a silver platter. If you can't close this, you can't be trusted to close anything.

Advertisement
Back