4-star CB Markevious Brown close to cutting list, talks UM

View as article
Advertisement
He definitely has the green light, he's just taking his time.

He should be committing next month though.
688C90D2-F606-4C65-8F13-C737C64665FA.gif

Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy DB Markevious Brown has a top five of Miami, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Auburn and Mississippi.

And, while many see this as a Cane-Hokies battle, Brown says he’s keeping things wide open among that group.

“Everything is still the same, everybody’s even in my top 5,” he says.

Brown’s plan? To take more visits and go from there.

“So far I’ve gone everywhere except Virginia Tech and Arkansas,” Brown said. “I’ll go to those schools and then see.”

And if he can’t take visits due to the coronavirus epidemic?

“Then I’ll go off whoever keeps it real with me,” Brown says.

The Canes are making a big push here, with CB coach Mike Rumph in regular contact.

“I talk with him - he’s a great coach, and his message has been how I fit in,” Brown said. “I sense how they want me badly.”

Of when he might have a decision ready, Brown said, “I don’t know right now. Most likely I’ll wait till signing day, but that’s subject to change.”

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of IMG kids. I think they are extremely overrated. Not sure if it’s cause they get their asses kissed 24/7 or the coaching stinks. I hope Michael Redding changes that outlook I have on the program

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of IMG kids. I think they are extremely overrated. Not sure if it’s cause they get their asses kissed 24/7 or the coaching stinks. I hope Michael Redding changes that outlook I have on the program

You must not pay attention then. They have elite players everywhere in college, as well as a ton in the NFL. Don't be silly.

Name them. Bunch of highly recruited guys that were solid in college

Are you serious? They just had three players drafted in the first two rounds of this past draft. But let's not derail the thread. Use that thing the young kids call "Google," so you can avoid any future embarrassment. Technology, it's really useful.

Advertisement
Are you serious? They just had three players drafted in the first two rounds of this past draft. But let's not derail the thread. Use that thing the young kids call "Google," so you can avoid any future embarrassment. Technology, it's really useful.

He's not lying that much. Moses and Delpit are the exceptions and not the norm. Just sayin...

Advertisement
Chestnut might get the green light if they don't feel like waiting on Brown until December. Should be interesting.

Who is their best player in the nfl?

Their players are highly talented guys in HS but have largely fell relatively flat in college (esp given their hype). Moses is BY FAR the most productive college guy on the list and not to mention the only guy that has made any impact in the pros. Delpit is 2nd most productive college player if you go back to around 2014.

The point is that IMG guys get a TON of hype but for the most part, fizzle in college and then of course, rarely get to the pros. Don't take my word for it - google it. :)

This kid is going to get caught on sniffer's row trying to decide who to take back to the champagne room and will end up with the 5 walking around with the shot tray and pimples on her butt
I love this analogy but it sounds very personal. For many of us.

Advertisement
Back