4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
I’m thinking he’s a lock somewhere and the coaches somehow got wind of it, probably OSU.

So they’re touching base here and there just in case, but they decided not to play the cuck game with him. That’s my guess.

Advertisement
There is alot to it, the last 2 regimes recruited based on the troll's criteria, im glad you brought willie williams up, excellent, that man came in, and basically the troll wouldnt let em im without putting him on probation before he set foot on campus, i've, never seen that happen to know recruit ever. But since they made all his juvenile records public the troll felt like she had to impress the outsiders and put shackles on the man. Alot of players respected shannon but than he started going down what he thought was a better direction. That troll didnt support True Miami recruiting she wanted straight leg kind guys like the redneck dolphins organization who never wanted players like irvin, sapp, the blades brothers, those type of mentalities, selwyn brown, winston moss, highsmith, that's the same mentality the troll came to UM with. She has a big 10 background, when you check the history of the dolphins drafts, they've drafted more big 10 players than they drafted from all three Florida schools combined. You either not from the City or are a new Miami fan, or shalala's side piece, cause you getting to sensitive about her. The football program starting going in decline when she became president, she is part of the reason why butch davis rolled out, he wont say it publicly for obvious reasons, the trol, was just tad foote with a lil longer hair.

When your salary is trash and patrick nix is the only oc you can afford how far do you think UM was going. Had they given shannon the support they gave the laast moron who parlayed the shapiro scandal into a raise and n extension, PATHETIC. When you left with kyle wrong and kirby freeman as your qb's i guess in your mind shannon should have won the national championship!

There is a disconnect somewhere within the staff/recruiting coordinator relationship. Too mamy things just don't make sense.

1. The situation with Elam makes absolutely zero sense on the surface at least.

2.Not bothering to recruit Samuel(who was literally begging for an offer) until the last minute after Jobe screwed us.

3. Seemingly not realizing what a two faced coward Jobe was until he stabbed us in the back even though every recruit knew exactly what he was up to.

4. Somehow getting caught by surprise at McIntosh and Norton both declaring for the draft and taking no proactive measures in the 2018 recruiting cycle to prepare for what the entire board saw coming a year in advance.

5. Not realizing that coach Stool didn't know what the **** he was doing on the trail and needed help until literally the last minute.

6. Putting everything into one QB target and seemingly not having a backup plan.

I'm sure you guys can come up with plenty more examples but the one I listed above are more than sufficient for one to come to the conclusion that there is a disconnect somewhere in the system. There are too many instances where the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

To be clear, this staff has done a very good job recruiting and upgrading the talent across the board IMO and this isn't a bash fest. Even so there very clearly remains room for improvement. Richt should at his earliest convenience, sit down and reevaluate the efficiency and communication within the recruiting department and staff.

There is a disconnect somewhere within the staff/recruiting coordinator relationship. Too mamy things just don't make sense.

2.Not bothering to recruit Samuel(who was literally begging for an offer) until the last minute after Jobe screwed us.

3. Seemingly not realizing what a two faced coward Jobe was until he stabbed us in the back even though every recruit knew exactly what he was up to.

4. Somehow getting caught by surprise at McIntosh and Norton both declaring for the draft and taking no proactive measures in the 2018 recruiting cycle to prepare for what the entire board saw coming a year in advance.

5. Not realizing that coach Stool didn't know what the **** he was doing on the trail and needed help until literally the last minute.

6. Putting everything into one QB target and seemingly not having a backup plan.

I'm sure you guys can come up with plenty more examples but the one I listed above are more than sufficient for one to come to the conclusion that there is a disconnect somewhere in the system. There are too many instances where the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

To be clear, this staff has done a very good job recruiting and upgrading the talent across the board IMO and this isn't a bash fest. Even so there very clearly remains room for improvement. Richt should at his earliest convenience, sit down and reevaluate the efficiency and communication within the recruiting department and staff.
Most of the issues are on the defensive side. Richt receives criticism and rightfully so with play calling(any oc would) but I dont think anyone can’t say the offensive side of the ball is humming in terms of recruiting

Advertisement
This got to be one of the most hilarious threads yet, part of the Canes fan base nothing but a bunch of spastic, whiney, puzzeys ever. The best season in 15 years, the best recruiting class in 10 years, facilities getting on par with other powers, and the cry baby’s yelling the roof is falling in.

These are pretty fair criticisms, especially the Judas/Samuel debacle. All staffs make mistakes, and overall this staff has done a very good job. But there is room for improvement.

I have no insight, but these look more like organizational or communications issues, or maybe just inexperience. Their community relations, camps, marketing, social media presence, and overall recruit evaluations are on point. But they need to be faster at moving onto interested targets and moving off the clearly disinterested ones.

I just get the feeling some of our staff doesn't generally have a great feel for how these kids are leaning, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Not that it's easy with these kids, but hopefully the defensive staff can improve that with experience.

This got to be one of the most hilarious threads yet, part of the Canes fan base nothing but a bunch of spastic, whiney, puzzeys ever. The best season in 15 years, the best recruiting class in 10 years, facilities getting on par with other powers, and the cry baby’s yelling the roof is falling in.
Is that BHS in yo profile picture?

Quote a post so we know who you’re referring to, and which gripes you find outlandish. Thanks.

Advertisement
...But they need to be faster at moving onto interested targets and moving off the clearly disinterested ones.

...easy with these kids, but hopefully the defensive staff can improve that with experience.

...and this guy can be saying one thing to Stefan and another to friends and family. Like I said before, just a guess on my part, but maybe we just don’t think the guy has any real interest and we decided to take time spent recruiting him and use it elsewhere. Just a thought.

Wouldn’t be the first time a recruit sandbagged the media.

...and this guy can be saying one thing to Stefan and another to friends and family. Like I said before, just a guess on my part, but maybe we just don’t think the guy has any real interest and we decided to take time spent recruiting him and use it elsewhere. Just a thought.

I'm thinking it's something along those lines.

Give him a Paradise invite. If he's serious, let him show it.

There is alot to it, the last 2 regimes recruited based on the troll's criteria, im glad you brought willie williams up, excellent, that man came in, and basically the troll wouldnt let em im without putting him on probation before he set foot on campus, i've, never seen that happen to know recruit ever. But since they made all his juvenile records public the troll felt like she had to impress the outsiders and put shackles on the man. Alot of players respected shannon but than he started going down what he thought was a better direction. That troll didnt support True Miami recruiting she wanted straight leg kind guys like the redneck dolphins organization who never wanted players like irvin, sapp, the blades brothers, those type of mentalities, selwyn brown, winston moss, highsmith, that's the same mentality the troll came to UM with. She has a big 10 background, when you check the history of the dolphins drafts, they've drafted more big 10 players than they drafted from all three Florida schools combined. You either not from the City or are a new Miami fan, or shalala's side piece, cause you getting to sensitive about her. The football program starting going in decline when she became president, she is part of the reason why butch davis rolled out, he wont say it publicly for obvious reasons, the trol, was just tad foote with a lil longer hair.

When your salary is trash and patrick nix is the only oc you can afford how far do you think UM was going. Had they given shannon the support they gave the laast moron who parlayed the shapiro scandal into a raise and n extension, PATHETIC. When you left with kyle wrong and kirby freeman as your qb's i guess in your mind shannon should have won the national championship!

Bro you're making up some much BS it's crazy.

Shannon was TRASH and a very overrated DC.

Was it Shalala's fault that we had the Randy Shannon football camp and Randy Shannon wouldn't be there.

Patrick Nix wasn't only who we could afford...it's one of the few coaches Shannon knew. Shannon didn't have a network of coaches to pull from bc he had been gravy trained everywhere he had been and hadn't paid any real due to be the HC at UM.

Shannon actually tried to hire Dirk Koetter and almost had him but the NFL signed him as an OC/QB coach and DK was just coming off some sort of cfb scandal at Arizona state so he didn't want to take another cfb job.

a HC is only as good as his network of coaches and Shannon had no network...it's why Trace Armstrong I believe helped us get Mark Whipple.

Yall make so many excuses for Shannon's dumb ***...he worried more about off the field than on the field...he was aloof...he was petty (see Greg Threat) and he wasn't a very good HC.

he rolled the dice on the MNW 7 and Jacory Harris and they got his *** fired. He deserved it too...makin excuses about the walk from the locker room to Duke and all kinds of ****...he is trash.

Shannon failed bc he hadn't paid any dues and the same "city" turned on him when he started giving Ice Harris and Corey bell jobs at UM.

and he sucked at evaluations too. It's why trash players like Romeo Davis and Glen Cook started here.

Explain Shannon taking Chris Perry over Geno Atkins.

Advertisement

Oh, I don't disagree with any of that (and I wasn't thinking specifically of Davis or Elam as I typed). Could be some of these kids just don't want to disappoint a coach/community by saying no, or maybe they like having more schools and their fans' attention. But behind the scenes other things are happening that we aren't aware of but the staff has caught wind of. It's all possible.

Overall, I trust this staff and think they are doing a great job, but I also believe there is room for improvement and they are capable of improving (especially the less experienced guys).

I'm thinking it's something along those lines.

Give him a Paradise invite. If he's serious, let him show it.

Yeah, I mean I don’t claim to have any particular insight, but it’s also realistic to realize we only see the the top 2 inches of a massive iceberg of information. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about..and since nobody at UM is ever allowed to speak, AT ALL, about recruiting, EVER, we really NEVER, get their side, EVER, only what people like Stefan can pick up from secondary sources, since the primary sources can’t speak.

I will add being all in on Sitkowski as a prospect. Yes we ended up with Jarren, who is exactly the caliber prospect we should take every single cycle, and kudos to the staff for getting him. But Sitkowski ended up at a school like Rutgers bc that's the caliber prospect he is and always was. And it shouldn't have taken him getting benched for them to see what was obvious.

Maybe they learned from that mistake but looking ahead to 2020 Max Johnson strikes me as a very similar prospect to Sitkowski at this point and if they go all in AGAIN on a QB who has yet to produce at an even above average level in high school we should be extremely concerned about QB recruiting going forward.

Advertisement
These are pretty fair criticisms, especially the Judas/Samuel debacle. All staffs make mistakes, and overall this staff has done a very good job. But there is room for improvement.

I have no insight, but these look more like organizational or communications issues, or maybe just inexperience. Their community relations, camps, marketing, social media presence, and overall recruit evaluations are on point. But they need to be faster at moving onto interested targets and moving off the clearly disinterested ones.

I just get the feeling some of our staff doesn't generally have a great feel for how these kids are leaning, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Not that it's easy with these kids, but hopefully the defensive staff can improve that with experience.

If Samuel really wanted to be a Cane he would be here. He had the option and picked FSU.

Bro you're making up some much BS it's crazy.

Shannon was TRASH and a very overrated DC.

Was it Shalala's fault that we had the Randy Shannon football camp and Randy Shannon wouldn't be there.

Patrick Nix wasn't only who we could afford...it's one of the few coaches Shannon knew. Shannon didn't have a network of coaches to pull from bc he had been gravy trained everywhere he had been and hadn't paid any real due to be the HC at UM.

Shannon actually tried to hire Dirk Koetter and almost had him but the NFL signed him as an OC/QB coach and DK was just coming off some sort of cfb scandal at Arizona state so he didn't want to take another cfb job.

a HC is only as good as his network of coaches and Shannon had no network...it's why Trace Armstrong I believe helped us get Mark Whipple.

Yall make so many excuses for Shannon's dumb ***...he worried more about off the field than on the field...he was aloof...he was petty (see Greg Threat) and he wasn't a very good HC.

he rolled the dice on the MNW 7 and Jacory Harris and they got his *** fired. He deserved it too...makin excuses about the walk from the locker room to Duke and all kinds of ****...he is trash.

Shannon failed bc he hadn't paid any dues and the same "city" turned on him when he started giving Ice Harris and Corey bell jobs at UM.

and he sucked at evaluations too. It's why trash players like Romeo Davis and Glen Cook started here.

Explain Shannon taking Chris Perry over Geno Atkins.

Preach! Shannon was a ******. He hired Nix because he said Nix had a bunch of answers for what he was doing defensively the last time we played GT. What an idiot.

I think Trace helped us get Bill Young.

Preach! Shannon was a ******. He hired Nix because he said Nix had a bunch of answers for what he was doing defensively the last time we played GT. What an idiot.

I think Trace helped us get Bill Young.

**** yes...he even said that **** in an article....Like really Shannon...the dude that allowed Calvin Johnson to have 2-3 catches in cfb games is the guy that gave you the most trouble. FOH

and yeah you're right it was Bill Young but I think someone else helped him get Mark Whipple...Shannon was a full fledged ****** for sure.

The dude was the HC of Miami and fcking the worst looking broad in the city....the women's basketball coach...lololololol

Advertisement
Back