4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

Yeah that he interested shyt sounds good.

THAT M.U.T.H.A.FUCKAS LAST NAME IS STILL "ELAM" Elam = gator in my world if he so interested then commit nygga show us where your heart really is.

Other than that my ears broke nygga show me don't tell me ****.

Saw someone say he didn’t have the best of film last season but he’s a great athlete
Well hes a Elam, so that's not surprising. Problem is I cant take any word from my Benjamin friends who are alum because its, Benjamin and they don't know football lol. Golf they got tho.

So no year do we focus on getting the top talent at a specific position and hand choose sure shots are positions of lesser need ?
I sincerely mean no offense here, but I don't understand what you're trying to say.

To attempt to further clarify my point; there may be years where we take greater or lesser numbers at certain positions, ie last year we only took 1 LB, but like 6 DB's, while this year it looks more like 3 LB's and 4 DB's. The change in numbers for a given class shouldn't change the way you recruit the best players at a given position. We should be all over the top players at every position we are recruiting every year. Hell, I'd take it a step further. Even if we aren't recruiting anyone at a given position in a given year, we should STILL be constantly in the ear of the top viable prospects at that position. Say we don't plan to take a kicker in a given year, does that mean that if Adam Vinatieri wants to come to Miami we just tell him to piss off? Hell no, you make room for elite players, and the only way to know if they are interested is to talk to them. Taking it another step further, even if you think you're good at a certain position, things happen, players get hurt, have medical issues, academic issues, legal issues, transfer for unexpected reasons, etc, etc, etc.

Point being, there is absolutely no excuse for not putting in the effort and going all out for the top local prospects at every position in every cycle. These coaches get paid a lot of money to do this job. Laziness is NOT acceptable.

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
I just get the feeling that He likes Miami more than we like him.

He needs to go to Paradise and really force Miami hands.

Rumph and Diaz might be shellshocked from last year’s kunty games from the South Florida SEC groupies, and decided this year make offers and take the guys who committed first and then hold a spot for a true local like Stevenson.

That or they’ve done their own evaluation of Elam and something has turned them off.

You'd think these are things that would take him off the radar completely. He says Rumph still texts him every now & then. Why waste time at all if we don't want him?
Just playing the other side, maybe Rumph likes and believes in the kid but Richt won’t let him offer. I’d staying in contact but if your boss sees you wasting time that’s on you (limited contact)

Nahhh none of this applies.

Kaiir has gone to a private school his entire 4 years in high school, he could've easily transferred to another school in PB if he was just there for football. He comes from a really good family, he's not some knucklehead kid who runs the streets, they take academics serious & due to his tragic family history I can pretty much guarantee you he was raised right. Abram seen first hand what can go wrong & I know he ain't let Kaiir have any character issues.

I highly doubt a kid being raised by someone like Abram Elam is in the bag game, Abram is good people, he trains with a lot of South Fla players & was a mentor to a lotta guys South Fla guys in the NFL. He helped Teddy Bridgewater get signed with his agent & would give advice to players all the time.

I understand giving the staff the benefit of the doubt, but it's not smart to just assume a kid like Kaiir has some bad stuff going on just because they're not recruiting him. He doesn't fit the profile.

They probably just think they can't get him, so they're not pushing that hard, but don't just make a bunch of excuses without merit.
I 100% respect your post and I know you’re very in tune with SFLa, I wasn’t trying to accuse him of any of the above just thinking of other reasons, so I apologize if it came out that way.

TotesMagotes

Redshirt Freshman
Can anyone making excuses for not pursuing Elam let us know who the hell else the staff is spending time recruiting at CB if not him? Steele pipe-dream is gone so who else...

I've heard spec that they may like MAR at corner instead of safety. Is that the plan? Or is this like LB where they feel like the guys committed are the ones they want? Either seems plausible/reasonable but not sure its the best route to take when you have a shot at getting all of them. Stack chips right?

I 100% respect your post and I know you’re very in tune with SFLa, I wasn’t trying to accuse him of any of the above just thinking of other reasons, so I apologize if it came out that way.
All good my man.

I'm not even saying that none of those things aren't true, they could be, I just highly doubt it considering the circumstances.

My whole point is, we don't know the reason why the staff isn't going after Elam harder, hell I wish they would he's by far the best CB in PB & among the top 3 in the state. But, I doubt it's because of grades or off the field issues.

The staff knows more than any of us so they may have their reasons.

Okay rumph-Cane, richt -Cane & Fsu, im sure they know what gaytor(elams) smells like. Just always remember, the sec & big 10 have a lot cap space alotted for the South Florida skill position players. First they try and see if they can recruit you straight up, once they see you are mostly all Miami, than the payroll comes out. They know the chances of somebody from the city turning down money is few and far between, but that Miami pride is coming back.

This situation reminds me of when gumbo fisher kept saying how well coached we were under the moron(15 yard db's off the line of scrimmage/big 10)regime. Just kept gassin his head up only to lucy/charlie brown em every year.

We got brownee and good, we got frierson, ivey blades & Bethel, gurvan hall, carter, you know real Canes, if elam signs here, i'd be impressed cause it will show he has balls, in the meantime we not pressed just teaching it!

I feel they know something about this kid the others don't.

He's too legit to be getting the Plan B treatment.

There's gotta be more to this story.
Exactly they're smarter then all of us combined and know this kid more then all of us combined so we'll see later

Only been saying for 6 months now this is the dumbest recruiting decision of the cycle. Sure hope the kid turns out to be a serial killer or something and this is thrown back in my face in a year or two, because otherwise I have absolutely no clue what the defensive staff is doing here.
Wow, you’re a piece of sh!t for wishing that upon this youngster over the coach’s recruiting decision.🤦🏾‍♂️

Bogle is flirting with Tennessee and isn't dead-set on Miami, constant Neal-Bama smoke(most forget he was committed there at one point), I'd say Stevenson is the most secure but there's been talks of him loving UGA, and MAR with the "building his own legacy" talk.
You’re tripping!!! If correct I believe Evan Neal said Miami was a perfect fit. So what if Bogle is flirting with Tennessee or any of the rest you mentioned. It’s all part of the recruiting process. If you can’t hang with it just stay away Hwang Chung!

For those that believe Elam isn't coming because of Florida or don't feel we should recruit him since he got the offer already I here all y'all... My opinion is that Elam is better than the 3 corners we have committed now. We should be going after him strong. I'd keep Brownlee but the other 2 can get dropped if Elam wants in to me talent wise.

Man................. You guys should read about why Abram was expelled from Notre Dame. Additionally, 3 of his siblings died in shootings, and his youngest brother made some minor mistakes as well and is now playing in Canada.

These guys seem "snake-bit". Trouble seems to follow the "Elams " around.

If I were Abram, I would NEVER permit my son to play at UF, FSU, the Big 10 or the SEC. Send the child to Stanford or Vanderbilt.

Honestly if Elam was a Florida lean, wouldn't he have been be committed to Florida.

Dont worry bout the secondary folks, with coach rumph and the way this d-line is gone start ballin out once jess simpson gets entrenched, we gone be straight, they might start needing 2 Turnover Chains, have joaquin on stand-by holding one. As long as we back to the aggressive defensive style of play back, notice what has happened, we got coaches back on this coaching staff that are from here, grew here and played here or played against us with Fsu, won championships and know what a championship team is suppose to look like, no more faking, and "trust the process" to nowhere foolishness, it's real time and go time.

Coach dugans coaches how he played, that's why we got the best blocking receivers in the business, coach rumph coaching how he played, aggressive, manny diaz drawing up schemes and dialing up calls like he witnessed growing up in the O.B. coach richt, need i say more, we straight, the right guys are coming in. We brought and are bringing the speed vack to the secondary. Think about when coach richt first got here, what did he say, we dont have that much speed at receiver, he fixed that real quick, same with the runningback spots, we got homerun hitters at receiver and runningback now, get caught slippin. And will mallory, if he ever gets right will blow by people to, coach richt not playing. Think about, he's one of the only oc's that goes at bud foster's defense that i can recall the way he does, be it here or at Fsu. What i like about coach richt, he knows how to call momentum plays, stay tuned!