4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Rumph and Diaz might be shellshocked from last year’s kunty games from the South Florida SEC groupies, and decided this year make offers and take the guys who committed first and then hold a spot for a true local like Stevenson.

That or they’ve done their own evaluation of Elam and something has turned them off.

You'd think these are things that would take him off the radar completely. He says Rumph still texts him every now & then. Why waste time at all if we don't want him?

Just playing the other side, maybe Rumph likes and believes in the kid but Richt won’t let him offer. I’d staying in contact but if your boss sees you wasting time that’s on you (limited contact)

Nahhh none of this applies.

Kaiir has gone to a private school his entire 4 years in high school, he could've easily transferred to another school in PB if he was just there for football. He comes from a really good family, he's not some knucklehead kid who runs the streets, they take academics serious & due to his tragic family history I can pretty much guarantee you he was raised right. Abram seen first hand what can go wrong & I know he ain't let Kaiir have any character issues.

I highly doubt a kid being raised by someone like Abram Elam is in the bag game, Abram is good people, he trains with a lot of South Fla players & was a mentor to a lotta guys South Fla guys in the NFL. He helped Teddy Bridgewater get signed with his agent & would give advice to players all the time.

I understand giving the staff the benefit of the doubt, but it's not smart to just assume a kid like Kaiir has some bad stuff going on just because they're not recruiting him. He doesn't fit the profile.

They probably just think they can't get him, so they're not pushing that hard, but don't just make a bunch of excuses without merit.

I 100% respect your post and I know you’re very in tune with SFLa, I wasn’t trying to accuse him of any of the above just thinking of other reasons, so I apologize if it came out that way.

Can anyone making excuses for not pursuing Elam let us know who the **** else the staff is spending time recruiting at CB if not him? Steele pipe-dream is gone so who else...

I've heard spec that they may like MAR at corner instead of safety. Is that the plan? Or is this like LB where they feel like the guys committed are the ones they want? Either seems plausible/reasonable but not sure its the best route to take when you have a shot at getting all of them. Stack chips right?

Advertisement
I 100% respect your post and I know you’re very in tune with SFLa, I wasn’t trying to accuse him of any of the above just thinking of other reasons, so I apologize if it came out that way.
All good my man.

I'm not even saying that none of those things aren't true, they could be, I just highly doubt it considering the circumstances.

My whole point is, we don't know the reason why the staff isn't going after Elam harder, **** I wish they would he's by far the best CB in PB & among the top 3 in the state. But, I doubt it's because of grades or off the field issues.

The staff knows more than any of us so they may have their reasons.

Okay rumph-Cane, richt -Cane & Fsu, im sure they know what gaytor(elams) smells like. Just always remember, the sec & big 10 have a lot cap space alotted for the South Florida skill position players. First they try and see if they can recruit you straight up, once they see you are mostly all Miami, than the payroll comes out. They know the chances of somebody from the city turning down money is few and far between, but that Miami pride is coming back.

This situation reminds me of when gumbo fisher kept saying how well coached we were under the moron(15 yard db's off the line of scrimmage/big 10)regime. Just kept gassin his head up only to lucy/charlie brown em every year.

We got brownee and good, we got frierson, ivey blades & Bethel, gurvan hall, carter, you know real Canes, if elam signs here, i'd be impressed cause it will show he has balls, in the meantime we not pressed just teaching it!

Advertisement
Only been saying for 6 months now this is the dumbest recruiting decision of the cycle. Sure hope the kid turns out to be a serial killer or something and this is thrown back in my face in a year or two, because otherwise I have absolutely no clue what the defensive staff is doing here.
Wow, you’re a piece of **** for wishing that upon this youngster over the coach’s recruiting decision.🤦🏾‍♂️

Or maybe if he's all Gator he wants to troll the Cane fans and read this board.

Bogle is flirting with Tennessee and isn't dead-set on Miami, constant Neal-Bama smoke(most forget he was committed there at one point), I'd say Stevenson is the most secure but there's been talks of him loving UGA, and MAR with the "building his own legacy" talk.
You’re tripping!!! If correct I believe Evan Neal said Miami was a perfect fit. So what if Bogle is flirting with Tennessee or any of the rest you mentioned. It’s all part of the recruiting process. If you can’t hang with it just stay away Hwang Chung!

For those that believe Elam isn't coming because of Florida or don't feel we should recruit him since he got the offer already I here all y'all... My opinion is that Elam is better than the 3 corners we have committed now. We should be going after him strong. I'd keep Brownlee but the other 2 can get dropped if Elam wants in to me talent wise.

Advertisement
Man................. You guys should read about why Abram was expelled from Notre Dame. Additionally, 3 of his siblings died in shootings, and his youngest brother made some minor mistakes as well and is now playing in Canada.

These guys seem "snake-bit". Trouble seems to follow the "Elams " around.

If I were Abram, I would NEVER permit my son to play at UF, FSU, the Big 10 or the SEC. Send the child to Stanford or Vanderbilt.

Advertisement
Dont worry bout the secondary folks, with coach rumph and the way this d-line is gone start ballin out once jess simpson gets entrenched, we gone be straight, they might start needing 2 Turnover Chains, have joaquin on stand-by holding one. As long as we back to the aggressive defensive style of play back, notice what has happened, we got coaches back on this coaching staff that are from here, grew here and played here or played against us with Fsu, won championships and know what a championship team is suppose to look like, no more faking, and "trust the process" to nowhere foolishness, it's real time and go time.

Coach dugans coaches how he played, that's why we got the best blocking receivers in the business, coach rumph coaching how he played, aggressive, manny diaz drawing up schemes and dialing up calls like he witnessed growing up in the O.B. coach richt, need i say more, we straight, the right guys are coming in. We brought and are bringing the speed vack to the secondary. Think about when coach richt first got here, what did he say, we dont have that much speed at receiver, he fixed that real quick, same with the runningback spots, we got homerun hitters at receiver and runningback now, get caught slippin. And will mallory, if he ever gets right will blow by people to, coach richt not playing. Think about, he's one of the only oc's that goes at bud foster's defense that i can recall the way he does, be it here or at Fsu. What i like about coach richt, he knows how to call momentum plays, stay tuned!

Why does the staff HAVE to know something?

What did they know when they refused to recruit Asante Samuel until the end of the cycle? That Jobe was coming?

And this isn't like WR where we're in a position to be extremely picky about who we take this cycle. Is the plan to just ride with Couch, Brownlee, and Good? And if not Elam what other elite corner prospects are they hard after? Are they waiting on the 2020 class like they are with QB?

Overall I have high confidence in this staff but some of the choices they make deserve heavy criticism and this is one.

This 💯

What happened with shannon was he was trying to hard to uphold the company line under troll shalala, who didnt want to many players from the City. So since shannon went against what made UM what it is today, let's be real, people talk about "swag" that word is *** to me, all we knew growing was being and playing confident, and thru that confident play people outside started labeling it "swag". It didnt start at UM, the point being, look at where alot of the players were coming from when the troll was president, add in her UM commercials when she was sending out the signal "we're bringing/recruiting a different type of athlete to the University of Miami" that should tell you all you need to know.

Besides shannon being handcuffed in a lot of other areas, but the one thing he had to do was get back to the basics, instead he started recruiting to far up the road, but you saw immediate dividends when he brought them boys from the west and BOOKER T, until this past season, that was the last time we beat
Fsu, in the meantime gumbo fisher was getting the players UM always got, so no, this staff is not doing it ow shannon did it or the moron who got the axe last, coach richt is doing it like it was done when he was here, and that makes a big difference.

Do you think the "turnover chain" would've ever been seen under the last 2, coach richt came in and embraced the tradition, shannon of course is a grown man nowm but he forgot how he was when he came in, he was wildlin to as a young jit, but the mistake he made was trying to recruit away from that instead of doing like UM got smart enuff to do under snelly, bring us in first, than let us mature, under troll shalala, you wasnt gettin in.

So again coach rumph and crew know what they're doing, yall need to stop living and dying by what recruits comes or not, cause the right formula is back with this staff.

Every year i laugh at these recruiting sites and the talking heads on t.v. who keep annoucing who has signed the #1 recruiting class, how the **** does anyone know who has the #1 recruiting and none of them have played one down of college football, one of the dumbest things i hear every year.

The way people talk about these class rankings, im damyum near surprised they actually still play the games, let's just give the title to whoever signs the #1 recruiting classes and save the brain damage!

Agree for the most part with your premise but your assertions about Randy's recruiting limitations are unsupported and fallacious, at best. Nobody told that man who to recruit--especially not Donna Shalala.

Willie Williams came in with a ton of baggage but GOT ALL KINDS OF SUPPORT FROM SHALALA herself to be successful, so it's flat out wrong to say she didn't support recruiting "players from the city". Explain how Ryan Shazier and Devonta Freeman were ignored while dudes were literally slinging bags of ***** all over the dorms under Randy, and generally ****ting the bed in other aspects of being student-athletes before things got so bad on the field that something had to be done.

Randy recruited who he wanted and you have to let that man's recruiting and coaching resume speak for itself, instead of making all these ****amamie excuses for why we had a 5-5 (2-4 conf) record, didn't qualify for a bowl game, and got blown out 48-0 by Virginia in the last game at the OB.

His salary and the general budget wasn't what Golden got or Richt is getting, for sure, but I put that on the BOT because RANDY DOESN'T GET THAT JOB IF SHALALA ISN'T PRESIDENT. So you can talk about the impact of Randy's financial limitations all day long, but don't ride that baseless "company line" bullsh!t about D. Shalala fcukin with recruiting unless you got a name and story to tell.

Last edited:
That's real talk fam...I don't get it.

I'll just say it right now. It is one of the two following things.

One, kid is smart and doesn't want to disrespect the team knowing full well he wants to go elsewhere.

Two, this is an inexcusable blunder by this staff and I'll point the finger right at our offer and acceptance of Good's commitment. Nobody in their right mind takes Good over Elam. I don't even like saying that, maybe Good becomes a stud, but I'm talking right now on paper.

Elam ia everything you look for as a prospect. I'm going with one.

Advertisement
Back