4-star CB Elam updates the latest with Miami

View as article
Richt recruited Todd gurley high 4star and Keith Marshall 5star in the same class and then 2 classes later landed 2 5 stars nick chubb and Sony michel, whatever lol. That rb example is just bad all around period now if you say with Justin fields or some of the other positions they loaded up on like linebacker then it’s a valid point. But not running back
The real issue is, what can we do to recruit like that at Miami? Despite what everybody would like to helieve, we rarely stacked chips like that. At RB, we were lucky to get one elite RB per year--like Davenport, Edge, Portis, McGahee (and maybe throw in James Jackson). Even Portis was underrated and maybe not an elite prospect who turned into an elite college back.

Advertisement
Former Georgia WR Mohamed Massaquoi stopped by the “The Paul Finebaum Show” on Tuesday for an in-studio interview. The ex-Bulldog discussed a number of topics with host Paul Finebaum, including the Mark Richt years at Georgia and how those teams compare with the teams coached by Kirby Smart, who is entering his third season in Athens.
Massaquoi said he sees one big difference between the Richt era and the Smart era: depth. Massaquoi believes the reason Georgia will enter 2018 as a likely preseason top-five team can be traced back to the recruiting trail.
“I think we (Richt’s teams from 2005-08) weren’t as deep, if you look at what Georgia is doing right now in recruiting,” Massaquoi told Finebaum. “We may have had a splash recruit every class with Coach Richt. Now, the whole class is decorated 4- or 5-stars. I mean, you have a guy leave, like a [QB Matt] Stafford leave, a Knowshon [Moreno] leave, it’s really hard to replace that. But now, you have James Cook. You have the Zamir White kid. So when Michel and Chubb leave, you have these guys that can come in.”
Smart’s first three recruiting classes at UGA have ranked No. 6 or higher nationally, with the most recent class coming in at No. 1 overall. Both Cook and White were part of that top-rated class. Cook is rated 4-stars on the 247Sports Composite and ranked the No. 3 all-purpose back of the 2018 class. White, a 5-star recruit, was rated the No. 1 running back in the class.
More from Massaquoi’s segment, including his thoughts on who should have been drafted No. 1 overall, can be heard here.
Lol he lost his hand so i won't insult him but **** this interview

Richt recruited Todd gurley high 4star and Keith Marshall 5star in the same class and then 2 classes later landed 2 5 stars nick chubb and Sony michel, whatever lol. That rb example is just bad all around period now if you say with Justin fields or some of the other positions they loaded up on like linebacker then it’s a valid point. But not running back

Not saying I agree with the article completely but I see where's he's coming from and I see it starting to happen here just a tad too much for my liking. You compete for titles by stacking chips and having a sense of urgency when it comes to recruiting and I'm not seeing that when it comes to our defensive recruiting specifically.Comments like Manny's we only took 1 linebacker in 2018 because the next crop in 2019 is so good is frightening to me. We need to pull a Dt thats just as talented or more talented than Nesta. None of our cb commits are as talented as Gilbert Frierson. We still have yet to sign a MLB with as much talent as Shaq had coming in. Thats not the way to win championships.

Not saying I agree with the article completely but I see where's he's coming from and I see it starting to happen here just a tad too much for my liking. You compete for titles by stacking chips and having a sense of urgency when it comes to recruiting and I'm not seeing that when it comes to our defensive recruiting specifically.Comments like Manny's we only took 1 linebacker in 2018 because the next crop in 2019 is so good is frightening to me. We need to pull a Dt thats just as talented or more talented than Nesta. None of our cb commits are as talented as Gilbert Frierson. We still have yet to sign a MLB with as much talent as Shaq had coming in. Thats not the way to win championships.

Defensive recruiting has been lackluster, particularly when compared to the basket of opportunity that was available. Which is really how we should be measuring our recruiting.

Advertisement

That falls on manny Diaz and his defensive coaches. Richt got his side of the ball rolling

That falls on manny Diaz and his defensive coaches. Richt got his side of the ball rolling

With the exception of Simpson which has yet to be determined...the ENTIRE defensive coaching staff recruiting abilities are the equivalent Noiser's to accuracy

Last edited:
With the exception of Simpson which has yet to be determined...the ENTIRE defensive coaching staff recruiting abilities are the equivalent Noiser's accuracy

Diaz
Rumph
Banda
Patke
Simpson

Vs

Richt
Lil Richt
Thomas
Dugans
Hartley
Searels

No wonder the offensive recruiting is on a different level.

Advertisement
So would anyone be mad once Manny takes a HC job somewhere. Lose him plus Banda and Patke. New DC for sure wouldn’t keep Rumph. Simpson would bolt for the league.

Everyone happy???

What makes you think Manny is a head coach anytime soon? He has a lot to prove still before he gets that shot.

Advertisement
What makes you think Manny is a head coach anytime soon? He has a lot to prove still before he gets that shot.

I never said he was but if we pull another 10/11 win season the vultures will be out bro. You know that. I would hope he stays around to win a natty but everyone on here loathes our defensive staff so I just recommending what everyone wants, no?

So would anyone be mad once Manny takes a HC job somewhere. Lose him plus Banda and Patke. New DC for sure wouldn’t keep Rumph. Simpson would bolt for the league.

Everyone happy???

No one has proved to be an elite recruiter/coach with the exception of maybe Rumph, Simpson's first big gig, so I would be perfectly fine.

Advertisement
Diaz Fired from Texas and defense was Meh at MSU. Recruiting abilities still are unknown
Rumph Never coached College ball and sucks money balls as a recruiter
Banda Another MSU Manny decibel
Patke A FUQKIN' grad assistant got a job as a LB COACH AT THA U
Simpson TBD

Vs

Richt TBD if we don't see a fundamentally sound team by year 3 then fly the EFFin' Banner
Lil Richt Only got the job due to his father being the HC. Lil No O doesn't served to be here
Thomas Good coach and recruiter
Dugans Good coach and recruiter
Hartley Good recruiter but ST sucks a$$
Searels Worst unit on the team

Everything is a disaster. Let’s fire everyone and start over. Lane Kiffin is ready to move to a bigger program.

Diaz Fired from Texas and defense was Meh at MSU. Recruiting abilities still are unknown
Rumph Never coached College ball and sucks money balls as a recruiter
Banda Another MSU Manny decibel
Patke A FUQKIN' grad assistant got a job as a LB COACH AT THA U
Simpson TBD

Vs

Richt TBD if we don't see a fundamentally sound team by year 3 then fly the EFFin' Banner
Lil Richt Only got the job due to his father being the HC. Lil No O doesn't served to be here
Thomas Good coach and recruiter
Dugans Good coach and recruiter
Hartley Good recruiter but ST sucks a$$
Searels Worst unit on the team
Improvement every year from a Golden led team and this what you type. It’s some weird people on this site

Advertisement
Back